R-line 115

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: R-line 115

Post by SRGTD »

joshwills wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:24 am Completely skipped build in progress, just got a text this morning saying it’s in transit.
No too long to wait now Josh.

So, if some customers cars are in transit to the UK, this does suggest that certain engine derivatives in the Polo have been WLTP type approved, bearing in mind all non-compliant cars would need to have been registered by now.

In the WLTP section on VW’s website, no Polos or Golfs are listed as having been type approved.......🤔
joshwills
New
Drives: Polo R-line 115 Manual

Post by joshwills »

I agree. Something is not right or they will sit at the dealership waiting for wltp before they can register/sell them to us.
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

This is what online chat had to say about WLTP. So they are saying it’s not a requirement until April 2020
Attachments
88489A74-5C54-41E5-8505-128C7F5882E0.png
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

As I understand it, the ‘NEDC derived’ values are derived from WLTP testing and are converted back to an NEDC equivalent figure. Tge NEDC derived values do not take optional equipment into account that may be fitted, whereas WLTP will.

So the fact that NEDC derived figures exist, this suggests that WLTP of ‘standard’ models (i.e. with no options fitted) has been undertaken, but not full WLTP testing, which has to include options, as these can affect both fuel consumption and emissions.

The April 2020 date is interesting and not one I’ve seen mentioned in the motoring press or any other publication. Everything I’ve read about WLTP mentions a September 2018 deadline when WLTP becomes mandatory for all new cars. Maybe an extension in the deadline to have WLTP testing completed has been granted to manufacturers?
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

It looks like the April 2020 is to do with UK tax switching g over to using WLTP figures for tax bands. Found this article.

https://acfo.org/news/details/06-02-201 ... nsultation
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Ah, that makes sense from a company car / BIK taxation perspective, as I suppose there may be issues yet to be identified that could affect a person’s personal tax position that might not be resolved by the start of the (April) 2019 tax year, hence the April 2020 date.

Looks as if car manufacturers will need to use WLTP figures in their product and promotional literature from Jan 2019 though.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Wltp timetable (from this site --- https://www.lowcvp.org.uk/initiatives/f ... y/wltp.htm ---)

From 1st September 2017

New car models approved using WLTP. Taxation continues to be based on NEDC CO2 emission figure.
Car labels and printed marketing material show NEDC fuel consumption and CO2 values, as well as electricity consumption and electric range.

From early 2018

WLTP data available for a range of vehicles LowCVP publishes consumer guidance with coordinated industry supported approach
Using new WLTP data, proposals for policy transition begin to be developed

From 1st September 2018

All new cars produced have WLTP information available. Taxation continues to be based on NEDC CO2 emission figure.
Car labels and printed marketing material continue to show NEDC fuel consumption and CO2 values.

From 1st January 2019

Consumer information will show WLTP fuel and electricity consumption values plus electric ranges. The NEDC CO2 emission value will continue to be presented, the WLTP CO2 value will not be shown.

From 6th April 2020

Taxation and CO2 related policy switches to WLTP CO2 emission figures
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

My Car is in VIRGO Leader heading to Vigo in spain. There must be other people’s cars on this boat.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... O%20LEADER
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

Virgo leader is now at the port in Vigo. I don’t know if my car is staying on this boat or transferring to another.
albob
Bronze Member

Post by albob »

joshwills wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 pm Virgo leader is now at the port in Vigo. I don’t know if my car is staying on this boat or transferring to another.
And now on its way to Zeebrugge...
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Then Emden in Germany next to wait for a boat to the UK.

Had my R Line 115 3 months now and very very happy :D
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

brainbow wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:55 pm Then Emden in Germany next to wait for a boat to the UK.

can you give us a report on here (its a thread on here) viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71800 please. short or long, there are so many negative reports on the new Polo that I am attempting to redress the balance, as others have said those that are unhappy tend to post those that are happy tend not to.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

mike sel wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:59 am
brainbow wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:55 pm Then Emden in Germany next to wait for a boat to the UK.

can you give us a report on here (its a thread on here) https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71800 please. short or long, there are so many negative reports on the new Polo that I am attempting to redress the balance, as others have said those that are unhappy tend to post those that are happy tend not to.
Sure Mike. I think it’s a cracking car. I’ll post tomorrow. :D
albob
Bronze Member

Post by albob »

albob wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:27 pm
joshwills wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 pm Virgo leader is now at the port in Vigo. I don’t know if my car is staying on this boat or transferring to another.
And now on its way to Zeebrugge...
and now on its way to Bremerhaven ???/

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... O%20LEADER
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Nearly there. It will be in Germany just a couple of days at most and then on the uk bound ship. it will sit at the uk import docks for about 10 days. then to dealer if left to themselves the dealer will be handing over about a week after receiving the car. so from now my guess is you will have your car in just 3 weeks time!. Happy days.

I am starting to see loads of the new polo around here, mostly SEs. ive seen a couple of GTIs and one r line, mine is the only SEL ive seen (chrome strip to underside of front air intake is the only way I can easily tell an SEL for an SE or S). I am sure there must be other differences but I can tell. :D