New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by roywolfey »

roywolfey wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm With September 1st Looming, If you look at the VW UK Website, it feels like VW are cutting it fine with WLTP requirements..

If you look at the WLTP page: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp

As I write, only a selection of Up, Toureg and T-Roc models are WLTP harmonized.

Taking the example of the T-Roc and looking "at the pricelist for further details", in the list of models, only WLTP compliant orderable derivative listed car is the 1.6 diesel with a note saying that all other models (1.0 TSI. 1.5 TSI Evo, 2.0TSI and 2.0 TDI) models "may no longer be available to order, or may only be available from stock and not available to factory order."

Although Polos are not in the WLTP list, I'm aware that people on this forum have build dates. Just hope that VW are further forward with WLTP than their Webpage implies!
A week to go until September 1st when all newly registered cars need to be WLTP compliant, and Arteon and Passat models added to the list. Still no Polo derivatives listed.
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

It's been said before, but this has come about caused by VW, trying to fiddle the figures :x
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:19 pm It's been said before, but this has come about caused by VW, trying to fiddle the figures :x
It wasn’t just VW cheating - other manufacturers were also at it. It was just that VW got caught.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Quick question for those who already have the car.
When the car is in drive, and you pull up to a stop, what happens when you apply the handbrake?
Does the car start to pull or does it 'disengage' the clutches like it would with the handbrake?
Hope the question makes sense [emoji3]
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

MattHGR wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:15 pm Quick question for those who already have the car.
When the car is in drive, and you pull up to a stop, what happens when you apply the handbrake?
Does the car start to pull or does it 'disengage' the clutches like it would with the handbrake?
Bringing the car to a stop with the footbrake, the engine stops due to the start / stop function. (GTI+)
I’m not keen on keeping my foot on the brake as I don’t wish to dazzle the person behind with the rear brake lights, what I generally do if I’m going to be stopped for more than a few seconds, I shift to neutral and put the handbrake on. Engine remains stopped.
As soon as the car in front moves off, engine restarts and I shift to D, remove the handbrake and off we go..
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

roywolfey wrote:
MattHGR wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:15 pm Quick question for those who already have the car.
Bringing the car to a stop with the footbrake, the engine stops due to the start / stop function. (GTI+)
I’m not keen on keeping my foot on the brake as I don’t wish to dazzle the person behind with the rear brake lights, what I generally do if I’m going to be stopped for more than a few seconds, I shift to neutral and put the handbrake on. Engine remains stopped.
As soon as the car in front moves off, engine restarts and I shift to D, remove the handbrake and off we go..
Thanks!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

But dont do what I did a long time ago and forget you are in an automatic car ,move the lever forward to first from neutral , then put your foot down. I then shot backwards at high speed in my BMW 2000 and luckily there was no car behind me .
If you are going to take the car out of gear at lights I would go into park. You then do not need to put the handbrake on as park stops you going anywhere. Actually I usually just keep my foot on the brake pedal and do not worry about the car behind. There are so many automatic cars around now that you see loads of brake lights on at traffic lights. People with manual cars do the same and do not use the handbrake. I can see that bright brake lights could be annoying at night time though, but the coordination of releasing the handbrake , pulling the lever back to drive ( hopefully) and waiting for the car to restart could be tricky.
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

Hi all,

I had a call from VW yesterday - sadly no news on a build date (now 32 weeks since ordered) - they did say that their systems had updated to show that the GTi+ & GTi models were now not scheduled to start being built until 05/11 (not sure how credible this is but its what I am being passed on from my dealer).

I did enquire would it make a difference if other people make more of a fuss would theirs come quicker etc and how are they being scheduled and they stated that its being done by order date. They also remarked they have had customers change and amend orders to try and nudge them through and all that's happening is they then register as a later order and get moved further back in the line....

Again not sure how credible any of this is but like everyone else who has waited for what seems like a eternity for their new car I am trying to contribute any information I am receiving.

Be interested to see if anyone else had heard similar or different.

Also asked where we were with the WLTP test but they had no idea only other than they were all supposed to be completed before 01/09........
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Chris001 wrote:Hi all,

I had a call from VW yesterday - sadly no news on a build date (now 32 weeks since ordered) - they did say that their systems had updated to show that the GTi+ & GTi models were now not scheduled to start being built until 05/11 (not sure how credible this is but its what I am being passed on from my dealer).

I did enquire would it make a difference if other people make more of a fuss would theirs come quicker etc and how are they being scheduled and they stated that its being done by order date. They also remarked they have had customers change and amend orders to try and nudge them through and all that's happening is they then register as a later order and get moved further back in the line....

Again not sure how credible any of this is but like everyone else who has waited for what seems like a eternity for their new car I am trying to contribute any information I am receiving.

Be interested to see if anyone else had heard similar or different.

Also asked where we were with the WLTP test but they had no idea only other than they were all supposed to be completed before 01/09........
After reading this I'm waiting for clarifcation on this date from my dealer.
There is absolutely no way I'm waiting until 5th November (after ordering in january) before VW even think of building the GTIs.
I don't really need a new car and I refuse to give them my money after the way this pathetic excuse of a company has handled things. After 20 years it'll be bye bye VW.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Hi "Chris001", I've been given week 45 which is Monday 5th - Sunday 11th November. I'm waiting for an Polo SEL with extras. It's going to be in the factory for about a week (aprox) by the time it's done the rounds, then wait on the dock side for a ship to turn up, then 6 to 8 weeks before it hits England. So really we're not going to see our Polo's in 2018 (and the dealers told me this) it will be 2019 before you see your Polo.

To be honest, I've not waited as long as you, but I'm rapidly loosing interest in my new Polo, I've even toyed with the idea of telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine, and if they keep my £500 deposit, I'm not really bothered, it's a loss I'm willing to take. I'm getting really disheartened :cry:
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Yes I have just been into the dealer today and he confirms that VW will start building GTI/GTI+ from 5th Nov.
He says that a build date should be given soon and to expect a delivery March. (I assume its 2019 and not 2020!!!)
Anyway not getting hopes up yet.
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

silverhairs wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:24 pm Hi "Chris001", I've been given week 45 which is Monday 5th - Sunday 11th November. I'm waiting for an Polo SEL with extras. It's going to be in the factory for about a week (aprox) by the time it's done the rounds, then wait on the dock side for a ship to turn up, then 6 to 8 weeks before it hits England. So really we're not going to see our Polo's in 2018 (and the dealers told me this) it will be 2019 before you see your Polo.

To be honest, I've not waited as long as you, but I'm rapidly loosing interest in my new Polo, I've even toyed with the idea of telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine, and if they keep my £500 deposit, I'm not really bothered, it's a loss I'm willing to take. I'm getting really disheartened :cry:
Totally get how you feel, same this end - there is only so many reviews and youtube videos you can watch to keep the interest. I have tried putting it to the back of my mind but then find seeing friends / family etc one of the first things they ask is have you got your car yet.

Its pretty rubbish really, buying a car is supposed to be a great experience full of excitement but I have certainly lost all motivation.

I suppose at least we kind of have a date to aim for now and seeing as I have already been waiting since January I think I will hold out as the PX is all locked in and I got a pretty good deal - just hope this date is not another mirage in the desert.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

VW chat do not appear to know about the November date. Neither does my dealer. My complaint is being raised with a case manager. Takes me back to the bad old days of the oil guzzling 1.4 GTI.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

I had enough of Volkswagen in the end, 5 months in, no build date and seeing no GTi builds till November, so cancelled my order this morning.
Thanks to all on here, who have posted useful information and experiences. This forum is excellent, shame VW was not.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

loadswine wrote:I had enough of Volkswagen in the end, 5 months in, no build date and seeing no GTi builds till November, so cancelled my order this morning.
Thanks to all on here, who have posted useful information and experiences. This forum is excellent, shame VW was not.
Completely understandable.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk