Handbrake release button rattle

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
blue-john
New
Drives: R line

Handbrake release button rattle

Post by blue-john »

Recently taken delivery of R line and so far, delighted. The only ( pathetic ) niggle is that there is a slight rattle/vibration and I have hunted it down to the handbrake button thingy that you depress to release it. Has anyone else had this or am I being too fussy ?
Last edited by blue-john on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshwills
New
Drives: Polo R-line 115 Manual

Re: gear lever rattle

Post by joshwills »

Someone else had this issue and took it to the dealer and they resolved it for them. So worth contacting them to fix it for you. Get some photos up of your r-line in the photos section so we can all see your nice new motor.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

If it is the handbrake release button and not a gear lever rattle (as per thread title) then yes, others have experienced it - last 3 posts on page 4 of the thread at the link below;

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71 ... 0&p=540902

I’d take your car back to the dealer and get them to sort it.
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

blue-john wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:36 pm Recently taken delivery of R line and so far, delighted. The only ( pathetic ) niggle is that there is a slight rattle/vibration and I have hunted it down to the handbrake button thingy that you depress to release it. Has anyone else had this or am I being too fussy ?
I was just about to post about this. Low and behold, this was the top post.

Same issue here. Normally i have my music on too loud, but the times when i don't, all i focus on is the rattle/vibration from the release button on the handbrake!

As suggested, i will contact dealer to see about a resolution. It seems like the spring isn't long/light enough to keep it in place when nice held in.
KIV237
New
Drives: Polo R line Mk 10

Re: Handbrake release button rattle

Post by KIV237 »

I just got mine fixed today, they said it’s a common thing to happen with earlier builds of the Polo. They replaced the handbreak button when I had my service no problems :-)
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

Hi, just a little Silicone Spray fixes it.
grvahluwalia
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by grvahluwalia »

Hey all. So 6 days in and I'm experiencing this horrible rattle noise from the handbrake. I've just been to my local VW dealer who has said VW have changed suppliers of their handbrakes altogether, and can't give an ETA on a new handbrake, nightmare! This is a common issue with all VW Polo's, so if you do have a dull rattle when you start up your car it's worth getting it changed or looked at during your next service.

I guess it's a long waiting game for me now! In the meantime I'll try some Silicone Spray.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

When did the change suppliers of the handbrake ?

I got my new Polo in transit wondering would that have the modified handbrake.
Ping
New
Drives: Polo AW -2018

Post by Ping »

Is there a general VW godwill policy on this handbrake button rattle? My car is out of warranty.

I had mine Polo AW 2018 for almost 2 years now and the handbrake button rattle is the only ocassionaly dashboard noise I hear. I guess I will check with the dealer next time I have it in service in 7-8months or so. But good to know if there is a general godwill policy on this issue.