18 plate polo with no problems to date!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: 18 plate polo with no problems to date!

Post by mike sel »

I have found a way of blocking the posts of abusive or detrimental members. if you go to your account and settings, friends and foes then type in the posting name of the foe it will automatically block that persons posts. I have just done this with silverhairs and it works a treat. What a tool. It feels just the same as turning off a dripping tap. Best part is its a waste of their time posting things you can read. It is brilliant. :D :D :D :D :D
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

silverhairs wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:54 am And as for "mike sel" who wanted to stop his account in the forum :cry: because of one of my comments, and is now backing "monkeyhanger"

Grow a pair :D .

I joined to get information about the car I ordered, only to find, one know it all and keeps on about percentages and another member hanging on to his shirt tails, you make a lovely couple :D .
I have reported this post as in breach of the general rules 1. o` and added you as a foe :D . I will not have to read your missives anymore. yippy. Say what you like I cant see it. :lol:
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

gentlemen, please behave yourself as the adults we are, so we don't have to remove any postings.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

A great find Mike. The troll filter. 8)
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Seeing that "Monkeyhanger" and "mike SEL" have now blocked me, I'm unable to ask "monkeyhanger" what company gives him a mortgage of less that half a per cent. I don't need a mortgage, but I would think there are many members who would like to know. Can somebody else ask in the forum for him to divulge the name of the company?

Still We'll be getting our Polo with a bit of luck before Christmas, as it's the wife's Christmas present, she should have got it by 29/11/2018, well that's what they promised.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:58 pm A great find Mike. The troll filter. 8)
[/quote
yea what a tool. Anyhow more on the polo. I have my centre seat bely so called repair booked in for tomorrow, I also pointed out (at the time) some wiper judder. the judder has cleared up so I don't know if it was some substance on the new car or if the extra hot weather caused it. I have warned the dealer the judders gone but to be fair to them they said they would still fit new wipers. let you know how I got on.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Mines in again on Tuesday for wiper judder new wipers did not cure it so VW customer service have sent some instructions to the dealer what to do ? I will find out what they have done if it cures it mine are leaping round the window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Robint wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:53 pm Mines in again on Tuesday for wiper judder new wipers did not cure it so VW customer service have sent some instructions to the dealer what to do ? I will find out what they have done if it cures it mine are leaping round the window

I hope it works. I have tried most things suggested on here by actual owners somehow mine are cured, even the rear one. so I just don't know what cured it. I was out in very heavy rain a few weeks back and the judder was there before and during but seemed to die down after the wipers went on to full speed (it was raining hard). funny thing is that seemed to cure it. I hope the dealer don't screw it up now. Best of luck with your fix especially with winter coming on. Let us know how it goes.
Last edited by mike sel on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robint
Bronze Member

Post by Robint »

Strange you say that mine work not too bad on fast so I need it to pour all the time ?? Just need a break to wash it ?

mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Robint wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:29 pm Strange you say that mine work not too bad on fast so I need it to pour all the time ?? Just need a break to wash it ?

Yea no judder since, my wipers are auto and tonight in the light rain they came on intermittent and no judder! I think you need the wipers on full pelt for a good few minutes.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

silverhairs wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:31 am Seeing that "Monkeyhanger" and "mike SEL" have now blocked me, I'm unable to ask "monkeyhanger" what company gives him a mortgage of less that half a per cent. I don't need a mortgage, but I would think there are many members who would like to know. Can somebody else ask in the forum for him to divulge the name of the company?
Somehow I doubt anyone cares.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Leif wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am
silverhairs wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:31 am Seeing that "Monkeyhanger" and "mike SEL" have now blocked me, I'm unable to ask "monkeyhanger" what company gives him a mortgage of less that half a per cent. I don't need a mortgage, but I would think there are many members who would like to know. Can somebody else ask in the forum for him to divulge the name of the company?
Somehow I doubt anyone cares.
So do I leif, you can no longer apply for it, so useless information to anyone now. :)

Second hand trolling via proxy, that's a first for me :lol:

For Silverhair's curiosity, the answer to his question is in my original post. I'm on a baserate +0.19% lifetime tracker mortgage with Woolwich/Barclays (as I already stated). When the baserate dipped to 0.25%, I was paying 0.44% (0.25% + 0.19%) interest rate, and now at 0.75% i'm paying under 1% at 0.94% (0.75% + 0.19%).

No wonder he doesn't like percentages, when simple arithmetic like that seems beyond him.

This is the last time I feed the troll, first hand or second hand.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

silverhairs, monkeyhanger, i'm not going to ask you again otherwise one or both of you will be saying bye bye to the forum for a while. thank you.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Ok just got back from the dealer, and they swapped my wiper blades all 3. and used a vinegar mix to clean the wind shield. they also gave me a 1l of the correct oil for the 116hp 3 poy petrol so that was handy I can ensure I buy the same spec in future. 5-30 fully synthetic.

Its supposed to rain tomorrow in this part of the world so I will see if the new wipers work.
Robint
Bronze Member

Post by Robint »

Please let me know how it is mine is in Tuesday