Problem Car

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Re: Problem Car

Post by kmm249 »

Thanks for the advice david.stark

Thanks Leif, I saw this previously metioned on the forum so I tried USB1 I've tried both usbs and they both have same results with problems occuring. They have said that have sent VW a techncal report to see if they have a solution to issues on the unit but that was beginning of last week.

Just been informed the service advisor looking after my car is on holiday this week, not handed over to anyone else there so having to reexplain to whoever answers the phone. :shock:
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

kmm249 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:41 amI picked up the car on 18th June reported the faults on 11th July but they could not get me in until 11th August.
Have you had the car back since they got you in on 11th of August? As in them giving it you back and saying all is well now. We have repaired everything?

If not, you have had the car for 24 days. Giving you 6 days to go on your clock.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Actually make that 7 days. When you get the car back, you have either the remainder of the clock or 7 days (whichever is longer).
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

So when the car went in 11th August it had to be rebooked for 3rd September as they had no courtesy cars available and they said they need to further investigate the faults as there was not a more experienced technician in electronics. (Even though the car was booked in and they express that they needed he car all day) They need us to monitor and gather video evidence so they could submit to VW. But also said to turn off the front assist to stop it working as it was dangerous.

I’m waiting for an update from other half to see what they said when he went to see them earlier today.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

In that case, your remaining 7 days have not even started ticking yet. You requested repairs on 11/07 which have not yet been carried out. Giving you the car back to gather evidence does not mean the clock has begun again.

They have also conceded that one fault is dangerous and advised not to use it. This isn’t just slightly in breach of S.9, it’s blatant.

You can request rejection and if you do so, tell them to forget trying to fix it. The moment you issue the rejection request, they need to deal with it. They cannot carry on repairing, hand it over as fixed and say AHA! You can’t reject it now.

Make the request verbally by all means but follow up with recorded mail or email and save a copy.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Do you know how much you would be looking to have refunded? Including deposit, finance payments, GAP etc.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

I paid £500 deposit and two finance payments. GAP was include in the overall price paid I believe.

I also trade my car in too!
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

kmm249 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:01 pm I paid £500 deposit and two finance payments. GAP was include in the overall price paid I believe.

The GAP will be factored into the monthly payments. You won’t get a refund for the value your old car was worth. Instead, you claim damages for the same value.

In reality, they would probably just pay you the equivalent rather than trying to fight it through court.

What value was the part ex?
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

david.stark wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:03 pm
kmm249 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:01 pm I paid £500 deposit and two finance payments. GAP was include in the overall price paid I believe.

The GAP will be factored into the monthly payments. You won’t get a refund for the value your old car was worth. Instead, you claim damages for the same value.

In reality, they would probably just pay you the equivalent rather than trying to fight it through court.

GAP cannot be paid for monthly, it has to be paid upfront as you can write off a car within an hour and you've only paid a miniscule amount.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

My part ex was around £7,000.

I didn’t pay upfront for my GAP insurance.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

kmm249 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:31 pm My part ex was around £7,000.

Probably worth checking that you’ve actually got GAP insurance then.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:38 pm
kmm249 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:31 pm My part ex was around £7,000.

Probably worth checking that you’ve actually got GAP insurance then.
Or it was paid out of the deposit, or pseudo-deposit (discount shown as deposit against RRP) e.g. buy a £20k car for £17k (£3k discount) and the finance may look like you bought it for £20k and put £3k deposit down to owe £17k. GAP may have been paid for out of that discount/deposit as if real money changed hands and was spent.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

TElwoody wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:09 pm
david.stark wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:03 pm

GAP cannot be paid for monthly, it has to be paid upfront as you can write off a car within an hour and you've only paid a miniscule amount.
Yes, I wasn’t clear. What I mean is that a garage I bought an Audi from basically added the GAP onto the price of the car so I didn’t have to make a separate payment for it.

When I sold the Audi, I was able to claim a pro-rata refund of the amount I’d not used.

When I bought the Polo, the salesman said GAP could be factored in and would increase my monthly payments by £6 per month. I bought online instead.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Any further developments?
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

Long story short...

The rejection process has begun today, a form the sales manager needs to fill out to VW will be submitted today and they will respond within 48 hours to say whether they accept a rejection.