Problem Car

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Re: Problem Car

Post by david.stark »

kmm249 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:09 pm Long story short...

The rejection process has begun today, a form the sales manager needs to fill out to VW will be submitted today and they will respond within 48 hours to say whether they accept a rejection.
Please keep us updated before you proceed to the next stage, whatever that stage may be. If they refuse, demand specific points as to why and let me have a read. If they comply, you are NOT subject to any fees, re-stocking charges etc. You are entitled to a refund of cash deposit, finance payments and damages to the value of your part exchange.

Of course, the other option is they hand you another new Polo as a replacement. Same spec etc. if they have one in stock.
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Post by kmm249 »

Thank you for your help!

They wanted me to accept my car back when their Service Department has finished with it, they had even tested the recalibrated front assist so they weren’t sure if the fault had been fixed so still potentially dangerous

Luckily upon speaking to sales manager who is now looking after us whilst going through the rejection process. He agree to let me stay in courtesy car for at least yesterday. Whilst we wait for VW “special” department to see if they accept my rejection. I later found out this is wind back form for my finance! So it is going through wish they would stop with their lack of truth!

The other point about my old car they paid off my finance which was more than the car was worth to get me to agree to the deal on the Polo so not sure where I stand with damages as I think I wouldn’t be owe anything unfortunately.

Once again thanks for your help!
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Yes I see what you mean regarding damages. You’d get your other cash and payments back but from what you have said, your position would be as the examples below.

All they have done is given you more money for your old car as a part ex but made it sound like they are being wonderful by giving you more than it’s worth to pay off existing finance.

Example:

Before sale - Debt of £x and old car worth £x

After sale: - Debt of £xyz and new Polo worth £xyz

After rejection: - No debt and no car
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

I presume by now they have sold your old car on but they won’t have done the deal with you if they were not making a profit.

So even though they have given you more cash for your old car to pay off old finance, they won’t be prepared to make a loss. When they have moved your old car on, they will at least break even on what they paid you for it.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

Thanks for your help! They have yet to sell my car, the sales person who sold me my car rang and asked if I want to exchange for a polo beats! I would be losing my non spec grey wheels or tinted glass as well as my coloured roof and wing mirrors and metallic paint! Told them no!
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

Update:

VW has rejected my rejection claim! Dealer has said they support our claim. I have found a new car and will be taking finance and it’s all passed with VWFS. But my money is still tied up from my old polo.

I think the dealer is only supporting our claim as they know they been caught lying about things and we are in their courtesy car!!!
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

As your contract is with the dealer, that’s all you need to worry about. You would not look to take action against VW themselves.

What steps is the dealer taking to make sure you aren’t out of pocket? Will they transfer things such as GAP to your new car?
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

My new car is with a different dealer as I couldn’t trust my dealer after what has happened. My new car is still being financed from VWFS though but that dealer wants the deal done by end of month, it’s looks at moment an unknown when it will all be sorted out. I needed my next car sorted out as I can’t be without a car, I have family members who can’t drive who rely on me to get them around.

My current dealer has let me stay in the courtesy car I was given and has said they are trying to get it sorted out as quick as possible.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

I see. Keep chasing them then and remember that they need to bear all costs and you need a full refund except the part exchange obviously.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

Thanks, will do. Hoping for some sort of update today.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

Update

Asked for an update from Sales Manager via email and received this below! :arrow:

had a email from the vw executive office saying that all the faults have been repaired and when tested they were unable to replicate.

This was the last message I received
As you have confirmed that the repairs carried out as per the DISS report have worked, and you have not been able to replicate the other reported faults, we would not look to support a car change on this occasion.

You can take this up with VW customer care but unfortunately im unable to carry out a car rejection.

Awaiting my phone call back from VW complaints manager, I’ve been told there is more to the story than Parkway have said!
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Who has agreed the repairs have been done? :?

I thought they had not completed the repairs.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

They saying they done all they can to VW. I was told by a really nice woman at VW (she isn’t suppose to deal with customers only retailers). She was not going to authorise financial support for them. She was unaware of wipers and handbrake issue.

She said the decision is down to Parkway and she isn’t sure why they have told us to ring VW.

The courtesy car was demanded back yesterday so is being returned today so we will see what they say.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Well if Parkway have done all they can and it’s still not working properly, we aren’t fussed what VW say. Parkways only option is to comply with rejection and the onus is on them to supply any refunds due.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Any further updates?