New build finally in transit.

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

New build finally in transit.

Post by TElwoody »

Just though I'd share my VW tracker app was updated on the 6th September from Build week conformed to in transit, finally. Good to know they are pusing SE new builds out, hope my options specced don't affect the WLTP approval. Also hoping that Model year 2019 hasn't brought any unwanted cost cutting, hopefully the opposite.

Anyone else waiting for an in transit, how long would you say it takes, roughly?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: New build finally in transit.

Post by RUM4MO »

Really, you should be asking your salesman the name of the transporter ship that is bringing it into Europe, then armed with that info, start tracking that ship and check its journey details. Then after it has dropped the car off at Emden watch out for local smaller transporter ships travelling to your “home” port.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Just be aware that "in transit" means it has started it's journey TO the ferry, not necessarily ON the ferry yet, or so I was told by online chat when I was awaiting mine.

I hope you enjoy your car when it arrives :-)
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

Hi guys,

Thanks for that, just think I need to wait a few days for it to be loaded onto a ship and get under way. Marine Scanner or something I think.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Not much longer to wait then, fingers crossed :wink: ....
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Got the name of the transporter ship yet?
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

RUM4MO wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:18 pm Got the name of the transporter ship yet?
Hi mate,

I haven't yet unfortunately, been waiting for it to definitely get underway then ill be keeping a close eye on it.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

MilgeS wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:54 pm Just be aware that "in transit" means it has started it's journey TO the ferry, not necessarily ON the ferry yet, or so I was told by online chat when I was awaiting mine.

I hope you enjoy your car when it arrives :-)
The tracker is unreliable at the best of times.
Mine went from ‘Build Week confirmed’ to ‘In transit’ (skipping ‘Build in progress’) on the day the car transporter set sail from Port Elizabeth..
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

Possibly our cars are in the same ship together
Mines is in Glovis Chorus
I noticed thought that although VW said this was going to Germany that the ship tracker stops before Spain 🤔
I’ve waited so long 7 months now from order I’m starting to think I would be quicker meeting the car before Spain and transporting it myself 😂
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

Kittycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm Possibly our cars are in the same ship together
I noticed thought that although VW said this was going to Germany that the ship tracker stops before Spain 🤔
I’ve waited so long 7 months now from order I’m starting to think I would be quicker meeting the car before Spain and transporting it myself 😂
That's good to know actually, seems to be making good progress. Though marine tracker shows the Glovis Chorus's destination as Dakar, seems unusual. Might keep an eye on it and contact VW live chat tomorrow to get a confirmation of the ship mines on.

As a quick question, is it as simple as asking them, do they actually have the name of the ship its on?
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes, your sales person can very easily find out the name of the ship your car is on, probably an update sheet available within your dealership - just a case of them looking at it.
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

TElwoody wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:58 pm
Kittycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm Possibly our cars are in the same ship together
That's good to know actually, seems to be making good progress. Though marine tracker shows the Glovis Chorus's destination as Dakar, seems unusual. Might keep an eye on it and contact VW live chat tomorrow to get a confirmation of the ship mines on.

As a quick question, is it as simple as asking them, do they actually have the name of the ship its on?
Yeah I thought it was a bit odd that it’s going to Dakar too, thought it was going to Germany?
Yeah I just went on the live chat explained my car was now in transit and have them my order number and asked what ship it was on
They did say it could take 4-6 weeks to go from the factory to Germany
Then wait another 15 days to come from Germany to the UK and then another 7-10 days to be transported to the dealer
I keep seeing Polos and thinking I’ll never get mine
I’ve waited so long for it
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

Kittycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:54 pm

Yeah I thought it was a bit odd that it’s going to Dakar too, thought it was going to Germany?
Yeah I just went on the live chat explained my car was now in transit and have them my order number and asked what ship it was on
Then wait another 15 days to come from Germany to the UK and then another 7-10 days to be transported to the dealer
Yeah, I've been waiting a while now and know how you feel. I have been keeping my spirits up by following this foum semi religiously and with great interest i may add, also YouTube video's help too.

Funnily enough I did ask them for a timeline a few days ago and ill attach the screenshot as the times seem to be very rough, a noticeable difference between what we've both heard.

Should be worth the wait, I had a new shape Seat Ibiza (same car basically) and i was very impressed, so with the Polo being miles better inside, more comfortable and quieter, it keeps me spurred on.

Anyway, here's the screenshot
Estimated arrival from VW live. This was on the 10th September
Estimated arrival from VW live. This was on the 10th September
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

TElwoody wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:58 pm
Kittycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:54 pm

Yeah, I've been waiting a while now and know how you feel. I have been keeping my spirits up by following this foum semi religiously and with great interest i may add, also YouTube video's help too.

Funnily enough I did ask them for a timeline a few days ago and ill attach the screenshot as the times seem to be very rough, a noticeable difference between what we've both heard.

Should be worth the wait, I had a new shape Seat Ibiza (same car basically) and i was very impressed, so with the Polo being miles better inside, more comfortable and quieter, it keeps me spurred on.

Anyway, here's the screenshot

Screenshot_20180910-155800.png
There are plenty of other posts on here regarding delivery.

My car actually took 6-7 weeks from my build week to collecting the car, the car takes 1x week to be on the ship in port Elizabeth, 3 weeks to get to Emdon, it goes via vigo Spain, then Holland then arrives at Emdon, as I said this joinery takes 3 weeks. nothing happens to the car in Emdon it just waits to get on a smaller ship to uk, there re 3 different ports in the uk that VW use and have a presence, my car went into sheerness, in sheerness it takes up to 10 gays to check and clear the car & ship it to your dealer. total time was 6-7 weeks after my build week.

Well work the wait, my SEL 116 DSG is absolutely brilliant, everything works perfectly, its reasonably economic and reasonably quick the GSG gearbox is great now im used to it.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

mike sel wrote: in sheerness it takes up to 10 gays to check and clear the car & ship it to your dealer.
They generally are very particular about appearance - they should find anything wrong with it. :D