Warning lamp "Central Warning Lamp" question

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Warning lamp "Central Warning Lamp" question

Post by JohnF »

The other day I got caught in a torrential downpour. It was so bad I decided to stop to let it pass.

I then noticed the yellow triangle with exclamation mark symbol was lit (manual page 14) The manual says observe additional information on the instrument cluster display. However I don't think it actually said anything so I didn't know what was going on.

After a few minutes the storm eased so I decided to set off again. Before I did so the warning light had gone off???

This was the second incident in 3 days where a warning light has come on, and for which I don't have a full explanation (see my other thread on Tyre Pressure Warning Light.

Anyone any ideas, or is the Polo electronics a bit flaky?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Warning lamp "Central Warning Lamp" question

Post by monkeyhanger »

You do usually get a message with the general yellow triangle as the triangle is such a general cautionary indicator. If it was yellow then there's not a lot to worry about, it's advisory rather than compulsory - perhaps it had highlighted an increased risk of aquaplaning due to what the XDS/ABS sensors were detecting. When you get a red warning you have to stop when it's safe to do so. Example: A yellow low oil warning is indicative of the oil level just being on the bottom end of the dipstick, a red warning for low oil is pretty much saying "you've lost most of your oil, stop now".
jackois
New
Drives: Polo SE 1.0 TSI 95ps manual

Re: Warning lamp "Central Warning Lamp" question

Post by jackois »

I had this recently, also in a heavy storm, and an additional message popped up warning that the front anti-collision sensor had failed. Once the rain abated, both warnings went away.

During this period there was no warning that you were travelling too close to the vehicle in front showing the couple of times when I did get too close for my own comfort.