iichels Polo 6R 1.6TDI DSG --> OEM++ R-Line conversion

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.2TDI Bluemotion --> OEM++ R-Line conversion

Post by iichel »

I'd take the 2,5 meters, 1,5 is way too short.

----

White button illumination. Simply lovely :oops:

benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

did u just change the red led to white in all the buttons?one by one? wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

iichel wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 am I'd take the 2,5 meters, 1,5 is way too short.

----

White button illumination. Simply lovely :oops:
Yeah, at first I thought 1,5m sounded like it could just be enough, but when I had a look inside the car I realized that a longer one is needed. I ordered a 2,5m one (https://www.carsystems.eu/vw-bluetooth- ... d2351.html) earlier this week so I'm waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully there was no misunderstanding, I asked for a harness that only breaks out the connector for the BT module, and that passes through both MDI and microphone from the factory wiring harness.

The white looks very stylish. Have you done this mod? If so, I'm impressed.

I remember my first car (mk3 Golf GTI) with green lighting everywhere. Back in those days, you looked at the mk4 and mk5 and dreamed of having red dash lighting. It could technically be done with parts from a mk3.5 Cabrio, but those parts were rare. So I actually went through every switch, opened it up and replaced the green bulbs with red LEDs and resistors. The light switch was tricky since the lenses of the symbols had a green filter behind them, so you had to disassemble the switch, then use a cotton tip dipped in acetone to carefully rub the green filter off without also taking off the black layer beneath it (an easier solution would have to be to simply exchange it for a light switch from a Transporter T4, same switch but red lighting from factory, however as a poor student my budget didn't allow it). Also in the light switch and the seat heater control, I never got a good lighting because of the narrow angle of the LEDs. Anyway, in the end all the lighting was red except only the two seven-digit displays in the instrument cluster (this would have required de-soldering the displays and de-soldering the factory LEDs from the circuit board, then soldering everything back together).
iichel

Post by iichel »

Good job. Are you going for a module with or without GSM reception? If you'll be ordering with, I'm more than happy to donate a GSM aerial.

Yes, the white LED's are soldered one by one... hard job but totally worth it. I might have to cover off the 12V socket light in the middle, not sure yet how I feel about the red glow.

But we'll see... :mrgreen: So far I'm extremely happy with the white lights.
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

iichel wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:20 am Good job. Are you going for a module with or without GSM reception? If you'll be ordering with, I'm more than happy to donate a GSM aerial.

Yes, the white LED's are soldered one by one... hard job but totally worth it. I might have to cover off the 12V socket light in the middle, not sure yet how I feel about the red glow.

But we'll see... :mrgreen: So far I'm extremely happy with the white lights.
I'll be going for one without rSAP. Mainly because the Wifi modules are expensive and I don't think it's worth it, but I also feel that the Wifi solution is somewhat of an ugly workaround for the main drawback of rSAP (losing data connection on phone while connected to the car). If I had been going for an rSAP + Wifi module, I would probably have rerouted the factory GSM (in the roof antenna) from the Bury cradle on the dashboard to the BT module.

I've still not bought the BT module itself, unfortunately no one on several different forums have been able to answer what the difference is between the J/K/L and the M/N/P versions of the 7p6 module. At the moment I am leaning towards trying a J module since they are by far the easiest to find an not too expensive.

I believe you, it must have been hard work. A lot more than in my old Golf which didn't have MFSW, door lock switch and much fewer buttons on the center console... and at the time I had an aftermarket stereo which already had red lighting, so I didn't have to open up the head unit to switch the LEDs like you have done :D I also had the Climatronic panel which could simply be popped off and it was super easy to change the 4 lights behind the LCD display without tools. The trickiest part was getting the LEDs and resistors soldered and installed into the 4 small plastic sockets. I think that with manual ventilation controls, it would have been harder to change the color of the lighting.
ORiOn
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo BlueGT / Audi S5

Post by ORiOn »

iichel wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 am White button illumination. Simply lovely :oops:
That was actually quite fast with negotiation, shipping and all! Awesome! :mrgreen:
iichel

Post by iichel »

ORiOn wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:50 am
iichel wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 am White button illumination. Simply lovely :oops:
That was actually quite fast with negotiation, shipping and all! Awesome! :mrgreen:
Yes, your friend did a great job. I'm very pleased with his work!
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Post by CNK »

iichel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:35 pm IC software version 0709 with direct TPMS:

All working perfectly!

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 65: Tire Pressure (J502)       Labels: 3AA-907-273.clb
   Part No SW: 3AA 907 273 F    HW: 5Q0 907 273 
   Component: RDKBERU30     H04 0011  
   Serial number: 40000000058319
   ASAM Dataset: EV_RDKBERU30 005005
   ROD: EV_RDKBERU30_005.rod
   VCID: 372BD69D7FCF617F80D-8062

No fault code found.

Do you know what is difference between 3AA907273F and 3AA907273H unit? 8)

I found used 3AA907273D, 3AA907273F and 3AA907273H.

E.g. https://3.allegroimg.com/s720/035d0d/fc ... 2702c90f23
iichel

Post by iichel »

If I'm not mistaken, version H has component protection. Don't get that one. Version F will work fine. I'm not sure about version D.
CNK
Gold Member

Post by CNK »

Great, good info because in Poland F is the cheapest (probably the most popular one) :mrgreen:
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

The important thing is the hardware 5Q0 907 273, the software 3AA 907 273 can be flashed to the F version in all those previously mentioned ...

To flash it's necessary to have original VCP and the original flash file.
Image F version

F is the version that works in/with our MFD/A Instrument Cluster, from 0705 software onwards.
Tested.

I can't share these flash files. Maybe others can do it.

---
It's a luxury to check the tire pressures in real time while driving , especially after going through a gigantic bump (bad roads) in which it gives the impression of having broken the tire.
CNK
Gold Member

Post by CNK »

ciclo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 am The important thing is the hardware 5Q0 907 273, the software 3AA 907 273 can be flashed to the F version in all those previously mentioned ...

To flash it's necessary to have original VCP and the original flash file.
F is the version that works in/with our MFD/A Instrument Cluster, from 0705 software onwards.
Tested.

I can't share these flash files. Maybe others can do it.
Ok, so I hope RKDS works also with 0805 software

Probably I will check this in next year, because I'm still waiting for connectors from aliexpress.. :lol: (and winter is coming)

PS. I very like iichel's backlight conversion (FF0000 to FFFFFF :mrgreen: ) now it looks much more modern :wink:
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

CNK wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:26 am Ok, so I hope RKDS works also with 0805 software
Will work.
CNK wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:26 am Probably I will check this in next year, because I'm still waiting for connectors from aliexpress.. :lol:
:lol:
CNK wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:26 am PS. I very like iichel's backlight conversion (FF0000 to FFFFFF :mrgreen: ) now it looks much more modern :wink:
Yes, looks good 8) ... but :lol: ... the white ring 5Q0919341 is missing (IMHO).

https://www.nnp.be/image/fancy/044000_045000_44072.JPG
fietstasss
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.0TSI 95HP > Chipped to 135HP

Post by fietstasss »

Hi iichel,

I'm interested in these boot lights, is it a OEM thing? Couldn't find any info in your posts.

Thanks in advance!

iichel

Post by iichel »

Thanks guys, I like the white lights a lot. I blocked the red backlights below the centre console. I like the red of the ring of the cigarette lighter socket, to be honest. But white would be better.

The lights in the boot lid is not OEM as in, factory option. The light is simply the same as in the rear roof liner and the red lights are from AliExpress. The electrical scheme is the same as for the boot lights.