alloy wheel size help

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
jaikay99
New
Drives: 9n3

alloy wheel size help

Post by jaikay99 »

hi everyone,
i have a 2008 polo 1.2e and it came with standard 15inch black metal wheels with caps and 165 70 r14 81t tyres. i bought a set of alloys that came off another 9n3 and the listing said 15inch however the diameter is actually 16 inch and have 195 55 r1 tyres on. will these be ok on my car or will i need lower profile tyres?
thanks alot.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: alloy wheel size help

Post by RUM4MO »

Google "compare wheel and tyre sizes" and you should get offered a wheel comparator website and just stuff your existing wheel/tyre sizes in and get it to tell you the 16" equivalents.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

These tyres both give the same rolling radius, so okay as long as the new alloys are VW Group size as in wheel fixing holes PCD, number of holes, centre bore same size and offset (ET) okay for that diameter of wheel.

There is another website that will let you stuff in your current wheels - diameter, rim width and offset (ET) and tyre size, then stuff in the new wheels dimensions.

All these figures should be on your steel wheels and the new alloys if they are VW group alloys.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: alloy wheel size help

Post by SRGTD »

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:43 pm There is another website that will let you stuff in your current wheels - diameter, rim width and offset (ET) and tyre size, then stuff in the new wheels dimensions.
This website has a wheel and tyre calculator that will help the OP compare the fitment of their existing and new wheel and tyre set up;

https://www.willtheyfit.com