Strange pipe

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
garnierB
New
Drives: 9N

Strange pipe

Post by garnierB »

Hi,

my first post here.

Today I'm changing front headlights on my 2002 Polo 9N
It's 1.4 TDi

Everything is fine and going smoothly however before putting everything back together I've noticed there is a weird hose that's hanging out not connected to anything.

It's located under passenger headlight just above steering fluid tank ( under battery ).

Any idea what is it for there?

Car drives fine I'm just curious.

Thank you
Attachments
IMG_20181011_105701.jpg
IMG_20181011_105725.jpg
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Strange pipe

Post by RUM4MO »

Did you follow it back, it might be the pipe from the battery vent, or has that battery got a vent pipe connected to it on that car?

It sort of looks to be too big a bore for that though, but that is a guess - the bore size being too big for it to be a battery vent pipe.
garnierB
New
Drives: 9N

Post by garnierB »

I did and it was my though too.
I was just lazy to take battery out to find out where does it go.
I went to local guy and he confirmed that for me so all done now.

Can confirm it's hose for battery.

Now finished job changing the headlights all done now.

btw the bumper holds on car with few little screws and some bolts, but it also does hold by 4 little plastic pins ,
I've managed to damage two of these , is it possible to replace them? Easy to buy ?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

It was a very long time ago that I took the front bumper off my wife's 2002 9N Polo, so I can't remember, but, are they not just expanding plastic rivets - the type where you tap/push the centre pin through the fixing, then prior to refitting, push the centre pin back through so that you can then fit them in place then push the centre pin back in flush to secure them?

Maybe have a look at what your local Halfords have for that sort of thing, or check what the part number is on an online VW Group parts listing then get your local VW dealer's parts department to order some in for you.