1.4TDI bluemotion, engine temperature overheat warning

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 1.4TDI bluemotion, engine temperature overheat warning

Post by RUM4MO »

Good luck people, if you stick together VW Group will need to pay up, maybe also visit the Skoda motoring forum if only to join hands and so have a large mass of annoyed/shocked VW Group customers speaking with one voice - go get them!

www.briskoda.net Fabia section
jotoho
New
Drives: 1.4TDi SEL 015

Post by jotoho »

Had a response from VW today.
They wanted me to take the car to be diagnosed with the "faults" to a retailer.
They obviously don't read emails.
Rang them in Sheffield & chap I spoke to said in response, to my saying the car was not considered reliable enough to drive 15 miles for this,
by saying I should have got my car recovery policy people to take it & I'd be paying for the diagnostics !
They say these forums posts can't be trusted to be genuine people with Polo problems.
I have now written to see if BBC Watchdog are interested in investigating the cases here.
Failing that, I will be in touch with VW,Customer Care, Selectapost 12,Sheffield S99 3ZU via the Small Claims Court
Quentin Wilson's comments come to mind, regarding "weasel"companies with "weasel" words !
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

I don't suppose that when they said that you should not believe what you read in car forums you took any of that in, that will be "step 1" in VW's plan to divide and conquer - VW Group has still got time, maybe, to win back some of the "good feelings" that private customers had about them years ago, maybe they would be better sorting out all these issues, okay it will cost them money, but get it right and it might not cost so much in the future, and maybe some of us will come for more?

I lost the place once at a VW dealership when at the service area and trying to get them to understand an issue I had with one of our VWs, and let it slip that I had and had used VCDS on that car so knew what the car was reporting to be possible issues and that tied in with what was happening - all I got for letting that slip was " well you must have spent at least £20,000 on that bit of diagnostic kit for it to be able to match our diagnostic kit" - complete idiots, and proving it in public, don't you just love knocking them, so easy.

I'd rather know that my car marque dealership was well trained and manned by techs etc who could solve all my problems when I handed the cars over and paid the going rate - not much evidence of that in my experience of 2 VW dealerships, same for Audi by the way. Not good!
jotoho
New

Post by jotoho »

No way,I took it with a tablespoon of salt !
It seems their standard response is to get the car diagnosed,then when they have it in their workshop,I suppose it's easier to say carry out the repairs.
I think it's what used to be called a "closed shop",to keep both buying a vehicle & repairing it, in the VW domain.
I don't need a doctor to tell me when I have a cold & likewise ,why do you need diagnosis when a cold coolant hose tells you what you need to know.
I still have a a car of 3 years which needed both a thermostat & water pump,as many others have found, a car in which the engine has inherent faults.
I have no news from Watchdog yet. Perhaps if others ,who've experienced the same faults,were to get in touch,they might give it a bit more urgency.
jotoho
New

Post by jotoho »

Follow up to previous posts.
VW Finance just rang & advised they are only responsible for the first 6 months of an agreement,regarding recovery of outlay on a car.
I mentioned that no one admits there is a problem,with what was a new engine in 2014,with INHERENT faults & that they are all suffering with the Ostrich Syndrome .
So back to CAB to see what they suggest I do to get the matter either resolved or publicised in the media.
VW in Sheffield don't even have an actual address to call round with a vehicle,just a post box number .
My first VW car was a Beetle, CTU 28F,in 1968 & this will be my last one.
The company is no better than a back street trader,in its responsibility for a dodgy car.
So everyone, remember, when you pass a VW forecourt- Caveat Emptor !
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

I once had an issue with Ford, I had factory ordered an Orion Ghia 1.6 Injection with optional silly Ford/Fiat funky anti locking brakes, time went on and on, so I gave up annoying/pushing my salesman and headed off to the local Ford regional office which luckily was in my nearest town, I "cleverly" took my daughter who was teething with me, so she was a bit annoying/noisy, I was told that I needed an appointment - after maybe 20 minutes of having a noisy teething child in the office area, I was taken care of, and actually everything was sorted out and the car appeared a few weeks later - result!

If you have a VW regional office near you, you are very lucky as I thought that VW only had one regional office in UK and that was at VW UK headquarters in MK.
jotoho
New

Post by jotoho »

I don't know why there is an office in Sheffield.
All I know is that when I had a problem with previous car-VW EOS,I was in contact with Sheffield.
I know VW Finance is in MK.
If anyone is interested in contacting Watchdog,the link I used is :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact.
Perhaps if enough people respond, we might start the ball rolling & discover exactly how many TDis are involved,& recovery of costs for those outside a warranty.
jotoho
New

Post by jotoho »

Strange !
Just checked the end Nov Polo price list & lo & behold - NO 1.4 TDi engine.
So what does that say about the one I & others are still driving ?
Liabilities around our necks!
Looking to get shut of mine very soon,early spring at latest.
Fingers crossed,no recurrence of the INHERENT faults ,until then !
Come on fellow sufferers,get in touch with Watchdog via the link above.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

The stopping of fitting DERV engines into small cars is just a decision that VW Group took over the trend towards smaller charged petrol engines having improved MPG and the noose being forever tightened on the DERV engines so making them too expensive to fit to cheaper cars.

Though that way of thinking has allowed VW Group to drop this troublesome engine without admitting defeat.
jotoho
New

Post by jotoho »

Update to last post.
VW Financial Services have written to say they would only be liable if at the time of purchase,the car was not of suitable quality,has been used for 35 months satisfactorily & therefore does not have an INHERENT fault.
I choose to differ & will be contacting the Financial Ombudsman (they KINDLY sent me a brochure !) for a ruling on the matter.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Really annoying then, trouble will be "who pays for the ombudsman service?" - probably the financial sector, why in your case is owned by VW AG - very messy but worth a try.
From a friend's experience of using an energy industry ombudsman, they completed their "loop" of events/actions, then 6 months later without getting back to him, he contacted them only to be told snootily that they had none all they needed to and didn't really bother that the initial problem had not been resolved - in his case a new/small supplier not sending out regular billing, but this new/small supplier was being pushed out by the "big guys" and could never get any of their newly fitted smart meters registered - so what did the watchdog do in that case - they removed that new/small energy supplier from the list of suppliers, so that just shut them down and still no billing issues resolved, nice!
jotoho
New

Post by jotoho »

There is no charge for the Ombudsman Service !
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

jotoho wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm There is no charge for the Ombudsman Service !
Did anyone say that there was, these services are funded from industry/institutions revenue - though as in the main these services are a very blunt and incompetent tool, so don’t hold your breath while waiting for correct outcomes.

Edit:- have you spotted that there is now another “member” of your “club” - more pressure for VW UK to handle maybe and force some redress in terms of refunding some/all of the repair costs.
jotoho
New

Post by jotoho »

Follow on from earlier post. Rang Ombudsman & they said it would be necessary to prove an Inherent fault, by using a Witness Inspection Engineer's report, for them to take further action against VW Financial.
This cost £175,so extra expense.
I Said as Citizens Advice Bureau said I should seek recovery of cost from VW Financial,I'd call CAB back.
Spoke with them & asked if I had a case for Trading Standards to consider. They said they are a "buffer"or "filter" to be used to forward only urgent cases on to Trading Standards.
However they said should perhaps 2 more people, with same problem with VW Polo TDi, get in touch, then they would forward the matter on to Trading Standards for them to investigate.
So if any members are wishing to do so,CAB tel number is :- 08081566030 & my reference to quote is 15259882.
Zeezee
New
Drives: 2014 1.4Tdi

Post by Zeezee »

Any further luck guys? I’m having a similar problem in a “-the 2014 1.4 TDI only 18k miles