New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by albob »

SGRTD wrote -
"...Just noticed in the latest price list dated 19/12/2018 that the 2019 model year GTI / GTI+ aren’t yet showing a ‘yes’ in the ‘WLTP type approved’ column (page 5 of the price list). If VW are building (or are soon to build) UK customer’s cars before WLTP type approval has been granted for the 2.0 200ps engine in the GTI/GTI+, they wont be able to be released to customers until WLTP type approval has been given. The price list isn’t immune from errors, so the WLTP information might not be correct. But the price list was last updated less than two weeks ago, so it begs the question.....has the GTI/GTI+ been WLTP type approved yet or not?.."

Given that the GTI is available on the VW.DE website configurator, I think it is safe to assume that the engine has received its WLTP approval
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

albob wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:16 pm SGRTD wrote -
"...Just noticed in the latest price list dated 19/12/2018 that the 2019 model year GTI / GTI+ aren’t yet showing a ‘yes’ in the ‘WLTP type approved’ column (page 5 of the price list). If VW are building (or are soon to build) UK customer’s cars before WLTP type approval has been granted for the 2.0 200ps engine in the GTI/GTI+, they wont be able to be released to customers until WLTP type approval has been given. The price list isn’t immune from errors, so the WLTP information might not be correct. But the price list was last updated less than two weeks ago, so it begs the question.....has the GTI/GTI+ been WLTP type approved yet or not?.."

Given that the GTI is available on the VW.DE website configurator, I think it is safe to assume that the engine has received its WLTP approval
In that case, it seems strange it’s still not back on the VW UK configurator and there’s no price information in the new price list for the GTI/GTI+, unless the GTI has only been re-added to the VW.DE website in the last 10 days or so.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Any chance they've stopped taking orders for the GTI/GTI+ in the UK until they clear the backlog? Hasn't been on the configurator for a while now.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

S_94 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:03 pm Any chance they've stopped taking orders for the GTI/GTI+ in the UK until they clear the backlog?......
That is very possible..
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

They weren't taking orders when I handed over a deposit in early October for our second GTI+. The dealership were seemingly surprised that VW UK weren't taking orders directly, but we're advised that they should be able to place the order at the end of October. They were able to place it 1st week in Nov, and the configurator was down at that time for the GTI/GTI+. From that I'd surmise that you can order one, even though you can't configure one on the website.

I was told at time of ordering that I'd probably looking at May/June delivery, meaning an April build.

You will go mad if you try to figure out build schedule logic - there are.factors we will not be privy to. If they have a shortage of Parker wheels because their supplier is having issues, they won't tell you, they'll just crack on with the GTIs that have Brescias specced.

They will not give you a locked-in build date until they have all the parts to build your car.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm You will go mad if you try to figure out build schedule logic
Definitely. I was told a February build date was likely but I'm not believing anything for now. There's people who have been waiting a lot longer than me so I can't complain too much for now. I just hope it's worth the wait.
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

If you look at the latest U.K. Polo price list, the GTi does have the double vertical crosses (‘++’ - but vertical). The footnotes state that vehicles with this symbol have passed WLTP testing. A few weeks ago, the VW UK web site also stated that all vehicles and engines were now WLTP approved, but that text has gone now.

I also suspect that the GTi isn’t on the configurator as they’re building LHD vehicles first and have a big backlog of RHD vehicles to clear for the U.K.

I have a confirmed build date for week commencing 4th February, so I’d imagine they’ll be taking orders again soon.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Judging by other forum members experiences with excessively long lead times, if I’m planning on getting a new GTI+ mid 2020, I’d better order it soon 😁.

On a serious note, hopefully VW will pull out the stops and clear the backlog of RHD orders, so those who’ve been waiting for what must seem like an eternity will get their cars soon.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

S_94 wrote:
monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm You will go mad if you try to figure out build schedule logic
Definitely. I was told a February build date was likely but I'm not believing anything for now. There's people who have been waiting a lot longer than me so I can't complain too much for now. I just hope it's worth the wait.
You ordered in July right ?
I ordered 20-something of July and been given an estimated build week of 10 from the dealer.
I imagine you should be a similar time to me
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

MattHGR wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:48 pm
S_94 wrote:
I ordered 20-something of July and been given an estimated build week of 10 from the dealer.
Hi Matt. Yeah 27th of July I placed the order.

My original order was a GTI but I then swapped to a GTI+. My dealer said he had one on order (I'm guessing someone placed the order for it but cancelled). Thinking of getting in touch with VW in the New Year to see if there's any progress.

Nice to have a build week, hopefully the delivery won't be too long!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Next month I, like one or two others, will have been waiting 12 months for our cars. If I'm stupid enough to keep hanging on I could be looking at 18 months for the car. (Estimated build date in April)
VW appear to have an utter disregard for it's customers , employing a total lack of transparency in relation to customer orders. I wonder if other manufacturers treat their customers the same way or is it a particular VW skill honed over many years?!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by johnpolo2 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHGR
Bronze Member

Post by MattHGR »

S_94 wrote:
MattHGR wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:48 pm
S_94 wrote: Definitely. I was told a February build date was likely but I'm not believing anything for now. There's people who have been waiting a lot longer than me so I can't complain too much for now. I just hope it's worth the wait.
Hi Matt. Yeah 27th of July I placed the order.

My original order was a GTI but I then swapped to a GTI+. My dealer said he had one on order (I'm guessing someone placed the order for it but cancelled). Thinking of getting in touch with VW in the New Year to see if there's any progress.

Nice to have a build week, hopefully the delivery won't be too long!
Fingers crossed !
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

I don’t know how you all have waited so long but it will I’m sure be worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MattHGR
Bronze Member

Post by MattHGR »

johnpolo2 wrote:Next month I, like one or two others, will have been waiting 12 months for our cars. If I'm stupid enough to keep hanging on I could be looking at 18 months for the car.
VW appear to have an utter disregard for it's customers , employing a total lack of transparency in relation to customer orders. I wonder if other manufacturers treat their customers the same way or is it a particular VW skill honed over many years?!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
I'm wondering if the wheels are the cause for these huge delays.
Any other options on top of the GTi+ spec ?
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

MattHGR wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:48 pm I ordered 20-something of July and been given an estimated build week of 10 from the dealer.
I think we are all aware that these week 10 build weeks that we’ve been given are far from accurate
Robint wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:00 pm I don’t know how you all have waited so long but it will I’m sure be worth the wait
I guess a little patience, and a lot of frustration has got us this far
MattHGR wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:01 pmI'm wondering if the wheels are the cause for these huge delays.
No one (not even the dealers) have been able to pin down which, if any particular components are the cause of the backlog