New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by silverhairs »

Little red wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:42 pm I thought I had been waiting ordered gti+ October still no build date also with sunroof
Do you mean October 2017, or October 2018? If 2017, you have been waiting too long, but if you ordered in October 2018, you might be lucky if you get it for Christmas 2019 the way VW are performing :(
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm Tried to get any sort of update on my car. VW chat said system down. At least VW are consistent in something.
2 weeks from now I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary from ordering. Thinking of throwing a party.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Hi John,

Im thinking of celebrating with you, as of the 22nd I will also be celebrating my 1Yr anniversary since ordering....

Hoping some news will materialise soon.
EmiLiuZ
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2,0 DSG

Post by EmiLiuZ »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:57 pm
Little red wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:42 pm I thought I had been waiting ordered gti+ October still no build date also with sunroof
Do you mean October 2017, or October 2018? If 2017, you have been waiting too long, but if you ordered in October 2018, you might be lucky if you get it for Christmas 2019 the way VW are performing :(
I can confirm that the wait time is hidious. I ordered my GTI in the start of June and my local dealer just confirmed that it is done in production.

Only 4-5 weeks left and i can call my self a GTI owner.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

One of my neighbors went to dealer and was told 8 month of waiting for LHD GTI
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Chris001 wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm Tried to get any sort of update on my car. VW chat said system down. At least VW are consistent in something.
2 weeks from now I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary from ordering. Thinking of throwing a party.

Hi John,

Im thinking of celebrating with you, as of the 22nd I will also be celebrating my 1Yr anniversary since ordering....

We'll send the bill for the party to VW.

My dealer is saying that my build week is still showing week 16. Add on time for delivery and God help us any Brexit port delays and the mind boggles as to when I could get the car.
I have said that I may just go for a Golf GTI on a dealer forecourt in the group. Been told they'll look after me should I cancel the Polo order and pick something else.

CaughtRedHanded
New
Drives: Gti+

Post by CaughtRedHanded »

Thought I’d post to hopefully give people a bit more confidence things are moving. I ordered my polo gti+ in mid March 2018 (via drivetgedeal). I put on the below options:
Pearlescent paint
Red dash trims
Rear view camera
Navigation pack
Park assist
Winter pack (I didn’t get a discount for the change in 2019 version)
Climate control

My car was due to be built in last week of November but was delayed a week. Main thing though is my car is now on a ship (Worryingly it is the Poseidon - hopefully not the one from the movies) and is due to dock in Germany on the 13 Jan. spoke to the dealer who said it’s looking positive but can’t get confirmation as to whether it is WLTP passed.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

CaughtRedHanded wrote:Thought I’d post to hopefully give people a bit more confidence things are moving. I ordered my polo gti+ in mid March 2018 (via drivetgedeal). I put on the below options:
Pearlescent paint
Red dash trims
Rear view camera
Navigation pack
Park assist
Winter pack (I didn’t get a discount for the change in 2019 version)
Climate control

My car was due to be built in last week of November but was delayed a week. Main thing though is my car is now on a ship (Worryingly it is the Poseidon - hopefully not the one from the movies) and is due to dock in Germany on the 13 Jan. spoke to the dealer who said it’s looking positive but can’t get confirmation as to whether it is WLTP passed.
That doesn't give me confidence things are moving it just goes to prove the point of what a cock up this is. Some of us on here ordered 2 months before you and still no build date.

peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

johnpolo2 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:42 pm
Chris001 wrote:

Hi John,

We'll send the bill for the party to VW.

My dealer is saying that my build week is still showing week 16. Add on time for delivery and God help us any Brexit port delays and the mind boggles as to when I could get the car.
I have said that I may just go for a Golf GTI on a dealer forecourt in the group. Been told they'll look after me should I cancel the Polo order and pick something else.

Don't worry, there will only be 88 lorries and a bin lorry to be checked over.
Chris Grayling has things under control.

:roll:
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

Hey caughtredhanded
I was given hope last Aug and told my GTI+ was finally going to build mid Nov and sales confirmed I WILL take delivery very early Jan.
I was advised to get my private plates taken off and original put back on. So pays me £80 retention fee and seems things are looking up after all this time? I ordered mine in March, Easter bank hol.
Sales advised me all going to plan and then.......email mid Dec. "Your car is not going to build until week 10 next year (March) So even if it does? (I have no confidence anymore) I still wont get it until April/May?? That takes me well over the yr I been waiting for this car. Gutted was an under statement.
I wrote to VW UK and did get a phone call from them saying they are sorry and will investigate lol. They did ask what my expectations were from this complaint? I said compensation of some sort by way of a few extra bells and whistles added to the car or monies off the price. They said they will get back to me.
Any one shed some new light on why the appalling long wait for build on this model ??
cheers
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

interestingly I went on the VW site yesterday and there's no GTI option in the range at the moment !!!

So grudgey, you say you waited?? So you have yours now ?
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

gonk1959 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 am interestingly I went on the VW site yesterday and there's no GTI option in the range at the moment !!!
I don't think the GTI has been on the configurator since October. Guessing VW are still taking orders in store though.
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

I also read that WLTP has killed production of the Golf GTI
this extract taken from AutoCar news

The most notable car removed from sale is the VW Golf GTI, which won’t be replaced, with the next-gen model due next year.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

grudgey wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:10 pm Yes I read that as well.

But if I am correct the R was de-tuned slightly to pass WLTP?

Why couldn't the Golf GTi be so dealt with?

Or was this a strategic marketing decision to woo the market with a brand new GTi down the line.

Its all beyond me.
The standard GTI (230ps) has been dropped, but the performance one (245ps) with bigger brakes as per the R and an LSD remain. They basically replaced 2 very similar GTI variants with 1.

The R's output increased from 300 to 310ps at facelift (along with Audi S3) and reverted back to 300ps for WLTP compliance.
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

Cool
lucky you. May I ask what your thoughts are and hows it drive. Will it be worth the wait? So obviously this model is indeed certified as WLTP compliant