New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SHIPWRECKED
New
Drives: GTI +

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by SHIPWRECKED »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:41 pm
SHIPWRECKED wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 pm
Rooneys - I've done that, I asked the lease company who asked the retailer and was told bluntly that VW UK would not be supporting anyone delayed due to WLTP as it wasn't 'their' fault. That statement was the nail in the coffin for me really - I even offered to pay to use a demo or anything that they could offer (didn't care what!!). Can I ask which retailer has let you do that? If you don't mind me asking.
They had a year's notice for WLTP, so it kind of is VW's fault. They buried their head in the sand.

I think there'll be a few more cancellations due to these waits. It's stories like these which put me off leasing, with very little wriggle room to extend in most cases. You need to order your next VW as soon as yours arrives to have seamless 2 year leases at the rate they're banging the GTIs out currently.
I agree, totally their fault (and VW are to blame for WLTP in the first place!) but VW UK are apparently not taking the blame from VW Worldwide and I can't blame them, they are in the same position as the customers. They have no idea what is going on either.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

rooneys wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm
SHIPWRECKED wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 pm Well, I've waited (granted - not as long as some!) but now the day has come and I have to give up. Following placing an order on May 24th for a GTI + with Brescias & DBP paint, I'm still waiting for a build date. Originally told Sept, then Jan and now I have been told an UNCONFIRMED build is looking likely for week 19. My current lease car that I had already extended by 5mths to cover the original wait is going back next week as I cannot extend further, so I will be without a vehicle in a week with no real idea if/when I would ever see my Polo.

So, I am bowing out regretfully. Annoyed at myself for wasting 8mths already. Extending the lease on my car during the wait has already cost me over £500 to put it through a 2nd service & set of tyres that I would not have needed to do if I had received my car when I was originally told. And now that I have had to cancel my insurance mid policy as I have no vehicle to carry it on with, I am out of pocket again with a £55 admin fee (thanks RAC) and 2 mths off another years no claims so I lose that one too.

I have been pretty appalled at the lack of info and shoddy customer service provided by VW customer services (the dealers have been really helpful - they are equally in the dark), yes I know it's all down to WLTP - but let's remember who started that in the first place.

So, I hope those that are able to wait - are pleased when they finally get to meet their new arrival! Maybe my cancellation will enable one of you to move up the line? Who knows. Good luck to you all!
my dealer has lent me a new polo until mine arrives in March. I've had it a month already. Definitely worth an ask before cancelling.
Rooneys - I've done that, I asked the lease company who asked the retailer and was told bluntly that VW UK would not be supporting anyone delayed due to WLTP as it wasn't 'their' fault. That statement was the nail in the coffin for me really - I even offered to pay to use a demo or anything that they could offer (didn't care what!!). Can I ask which retailer has let you do that? If you don't mind me asking.
Inchcape. Chester Volkswagen. If they hadn't given me a free loan car I would have cancelled but they suggested they lend me the car, I didn't even ask.
SHIPWRECKED
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by SHIPWRECKED »

rooneys wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:08 pm
rooneys wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm

my dealer has lent me a new polo until mine arrives in March. I've had it a month already. Definitely worth an ask before cancelling.
Inchcape. Chester Volkswagen. If they hadn't given me a free loan car I would have cancelled but they suggested they lend me the car, I didn't even ask.
Hmmmm..mine was Inchcape VW in Stockport. Shame they didn’t have the same compassion to help me out! I’ve cancelled now anyway, so that’s one less customer!
Grubby
New
Drives: S4 Avant. Incoming GTI + (wife)

Post by Grubby »

This morning my tracker has gone from 2 to 3. With a build week of 04/03/19
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I suspect that there’s a lot of expectant owners receiving update messages today as I’ve just been sent an update message
Your order status has been updated. Your order has been confirmed for production. Due to new industry wide standards for fuel consumption and emissions (WLTP), some cars may be delayed. Your order has been confirmed for production week starting 11/03/2019
I ordered mine end January 2018
Last edited by Nora on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Well mine hasn't. Though I suspect if they moved that dusty filing cabinet in the corner my order would be found there.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Mine updated as well this morning. Build week confirmed 04/03/2019.

Does anyone know roughly how long it can take from that point on?
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Yes me as well. Build date 4/3/2019
Dealer says 8 weeks approx. from build to delivery so early May hopefully.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 am Mine updated as well this morning. Build week confirmed 04/03/2019.

Your car will be built that week +/- a week. It takes about 36 hours to build a car from scratch. Transport to the dock and getting on a ship might take a week , 4 weeks on a ship to Emden from South Africa and maybe a week waiting at Emden for a ship to one of the 3 UK ports. Add in up to 2 weeks to get from UK port to dealership and get PDI'd .

You should get it sometime in May.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:18 am
S_94 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 am Mine updated as well this morning. Build week confirmed 04/03/2019.

Your car will be built that week +/- a week. It takes about 36 hours to build a car from scratch. Transport to the dock and getting on a ship might take a week , 4 weeks on a ship to Emden from South Africa and maybe a week waiting at Emden for a ship to one of the 3 UK ports. Add in up to 2 weeks to get from UK port to dealership and get PDI'd .

You should get it sometime in May.
Cheers mate. Keeping my fingers crossed now all goes smoothly.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Another build week of 11/3/19.
They must be on a GTi+ run that month
JoeGTI1997
New
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI+

Post by JoeGTI1997 »

Had enough of waiting. last I was told my car wasn’t going to turn up until April even though I ordered it around February/March last year, cancelled my order and bought an M140i instead.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Anyone here order around October and getting a build week notification? Checked the tracker and not had an update (not expecting one to be honest, considering the wait some have had - just curious) for the white one (our second GTI+).

Sounds like they are doing a RHD campaign for half of March, perhaps mine will be on the one after - guessing May build.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

JoeGTI1997 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:24 pm Had enough of waiting. last I was told my car wasn’t going to turn up until April even though I ordered it around February/March last year, cancelled my order and bought an M140i instead.
Funny how BMW can get those ordered, built and delivered in 8 weeks - they must hold more stock of parts. VW could learn a thing or 2 from BMW. Is the M140 still available new, or has it been a victim of WLTP compliance?
JoeGTI1997
New
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI+

Post by JoeGTI1997 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 pm
JoeGTI1997 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:24 pm Had enough of waiting. last I was told my car wasn’t going to turn up until April even though I ordered it around February/March last year, cancelled my order and bought an M140i instead.
Funny how BMW can get those ordered, built and delivered in 8 weeks - they must hold more stock of parts. VW could learn a thing or 2 from BMW. Is the M140 still available new, or has it been a victim of WLTP compliance?
You can still buy one New but you’d have to to quick about it, they’re going to stop producing them any day now to make way for the new FWD 1 series. Bmw are selling them on as cheap pre regs. I got mine shadow edition with loads of extras for 10 grand off list price, 3 months old with 3k miles.