New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Gavlar25
New
Drives: VW Caddy, Polo GTI+ on order

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Gavlar25 »

rooneys wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:57 pm
John501 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm Just an update, I had a notification back in November of a build week of 21st January. Received a text this morning stating the car is now in transit.
Car was ordered in May 2018 - Reef Blue with Brescias and a few other options. Fingers crossed the wait is coming to an end.
Same build week as you. Now I have been told it is in transit too. Still some time to wait for delivery but a least something is happening. Ordered on the 12th January 2018.
I also ordered my GTI+ in May and had notification in November of the build week, I got a message on Saturday that it’s in transit also reef blue with brescias can’t, wait 😎
Dreamscape
New
Drives: 6AW

Post by Dreamscape »

Gavlar25 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:48 am I also ordered my GTI+ in May and had notification in November of the build week, I got a message on Saturday that it’s in transit also reef blue with brescias can’t, wait 😎
Mine was also built last week. Do you know if your car is on a ship, or en route to Porth Elizabeth? AFAIK Volkswagen doesn't provide such information in my country and I've seen that UK customers are given detailed information on their orders, so maybe you'd know.
Gavlar25
New
Drives: VW Caddy, Polo GTI+ on order

Post by Gavlar25 »

Hi Dreamscape I wish I did know all it said is my order is at stage 5a in transit unfortunately I’ve no idea what ship it’s on or how long before it’s in the uk 🙁
EmiLiuZ
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2,0 DSG

Post by EmiLiuZ »

Gavlar25 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:05 am Hi Dreamscape I wish I did know all it said is my order is at stage 5a in transit unfortunately I’ve no idea what ship it’s on or how long before it’s in the uk 🙁
Hi Gavlar. I'm getting mine 5/2/19 in Denmark. It could be the same shipment :)
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Gavlar25 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:05 am Hi Dreamscape I wish I did know all it said is my order is at stage 5a in transit unfortunately I’ve no idea what ship it’s on or how long before it’s in the uk 🙁
If I remember rightly, 5a status indicates the car has left the factory but is not yet on a ship (sat at dockside, waiting for the next one).
Dreamscape
New

Post by Dreamscape »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:10 pm If I remember rightly, 5a status indicates the car has left the factory but is not yet on a ship (sat at dockside, waiting for the next one).
Do you know which transport services VW uses to transport Polos from Port Elizabeth? I've only managed to find schedules from Mexico to Emden, I couldn't find any for Port Elizabeth.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ Don't know the name of the ships offhand. I've always been more concerned with the ships doing the Emden to Tyne route, having been in Wolfsburg built Golf's for my last 2 cars and 2 Portuguese built Sciroccos before that. I'm sure a few people here have followed the SA ship to Emden. Try trawling through the early ( May - July) posts o this thread.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Dreamscape wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:55 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:10 pm If I remember rightly, 5a status indicates the car has left the factory but is not yet on a ship (sat at dockside, waiting for the next one).
Do you know which transport services VW uses to transport Polos from Port Elizabeth? I've only managed to find schedules from Mexico to Emden, I couldn't find any for Port Elizabeth.
Dreamscape, as you sure that your LHD Polo is getting built in SA, I am only asking the question as I do know that normally all RHD Polo are built in SA, I got the feeling that Spain is still where LHD Polos are built and maybe at times in Germany.
Dreamscape
New

Post by Dreamscape »

RUM4MO wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:11 pm Dreamscape, as you sure that your LHD Polo is getting built in SA, I am only asking the question as I do know that normally all RHD Polo are built in SA, I got the feeling that Spain is still where LHD Polos are built and maybe at times in Germany.
Unfortunately mine was built in SA. I had my salesman confirm it last week when I called to check if it went into production (we don't have any order tracking app). I was sure it's going to be built in Spain just like previous generation, but then people on our local forums started reporting that their Polos were built in SA. Had I known this whole thing would take this much time, I would've picked something from dealer's stock. I know that my waiting time is nothing compared to some of guys here waiting for over a year, but 6 months is just ridiculous when you compare it to Golf's 3 months.
monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:34 pm Try trawling through the early ( May - July) posts o this thread.
Thanks for the tip. Sadly none of the mentioned ships is anywhere near the route from SA to Emden. I guess I will have to sit tight.
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

Hi all
Ordered my GTI+ last year and expecting it to arrive some time in May, in the meantime I was just looking at some photos of other polos GTI and some don't have a central front arm rest!!.. i thought it was standard on upper spec models? can anyone shed some light on that?
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

Hi everyone, just picked up my flash red Polo GTI today! I’m Peter from Poland :)

Personally I produce sport exhaust systems as RCP Exhausts company, and as you may expect we will have exhausts for Polo GTI ready soon :)
Attachments
210FA38F-5733-4724-B44E-3256FB170C74.jpeg
4291DA19-1240-4971-9D8A-264DB5AD4FA2.jpeg
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Looking good enjoy your car.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Well, VW UK after their extensive investigation do not seem able to convincingly explain my 53 week wait, apart from initially citing brescia wheel shortages, oh and the sunroof, only after I mentioned it. Add to that a sprinkling of WLTP. [emoji6]
They say the factory has my build locked in as a priority for the first week of April. My tracker app does not confirm this . It now permanently asks if I have picked up my car ....it most likely has timed out as it's never run passed a 12 month delivery time.

In these precarious times I feel I should be buying British and not German, however that's a whole other debate. Anyone got an Allegro.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 am Well, VW UK after their extensive investigation do not seem able to convincingly explain my 53 week wait, apart from initially citing brescia wheel shortages, oh and the sunroof, only after I mentioned it. Add to that a sprinkling of WLTP. [emoji6]
They say the factory has my build locked in as a priority for the first week of April. My tracker app does not confirm this . It now permanently asks if I have picked up my car ....it most likely has timed out as it's never run passed a 12 month delivery time.

In these precarious times I feel I should be buying British and not German, however that's a whole other debate. Anyone got an Allegro.

1st week in April should see you with a confirmed build (stage 3 on tracker) in 2 to 3 weeks.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 am Well, VW UK after their extensive investigation do not seem able to convincingly explain my 53 week wait, apart from initially citing brescia wheel shortages, oh and the sunroof, only after I mentioned it. Add to that a sprinkling of WLTP. [emoji6]

My first car was an Austin Allegro, I remember it well, it was in that colour described in the brochure as “Turd Brown” and I have to say it suited the colour. I didn’t learn from my mistake as my second car was a Morris Marina so my first two cars were the worst two cars in the history of motor vehicle manufacturer.