Sat nav

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Von777
New
Drives: TDI Bluemotion

Sat nav

Post by Von777 »

Hi, I can’t afford to put sat nav onto my 2014 polo and was wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to connect my smartphone by cable to the car so I can use my phones sat nav? Thank you
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Sat nav

Post by Andy Beats »

Von777 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:31 pm Hi, I can’t afford to put sat nav onto my 2014 polo and was wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to connect my smartphone by cable to the car so I can use my phones sat nav? Thank you
If the car has Apple play or Android connect then using the car's screen to display google maps or any other satnav app works really well.
If the car doesn't have apple play or android connect, I think you're screwed and you're back to using the phone's small screen in a cradle.
fleagal
New
Drives: Polo GTi 2015 6C

Re: Sat nav

Post by fleagal »

I've never found the built-in stuff to be particularly good. In the absence of an Apple/Android link to your car you are better of sticking one of these to the window www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077GLT8W9/ and charging your phone at the same time www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075WSC1J9.

I have those two items - the phone sits in the right hand corner of the screen and the charger has a cable long enough to go up and behind the steering wheel and plug into the phone.