Drl menace reduction

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
massimo23
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Beats 2017

Re: Drl menace reduction

Post by massimo23 »

to enable the drl menu that enables or disables the drl lights the following needs to be enabled:

Control unit: 09 Central Electrics:
Security Code (31347):
Adaptions:
Daytime running lights:
Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich: active
I disable the option and my drl lights turn off even with hndbrake down.
In car settings/light menu you well get this as seen on my polo:
Drl.jpg
veteran
Silver Member
Drives: TSI 90 Match Edition 1.2

Post by veteran »

Idriveapolo,

I have to confess that I agree with most of your arguments. However, motoring law in the UK appears to insist that DRLs be used if they're fitted to the car, and therefore, being a law-abiding person, I choose to comply with that.

Massimo23's info on how to provide an option for turning the DRLs off via a re-coding in VCDS is quite interesting. As someone who's invested in VCDS, it's tempting to implement it. However, I don't see any point in doing so, given that 90% of the time you'd have to have the DRLs on in order not to risk getting stopped by the police when you're driving around. If the law was less stringent on this - for example, if the use of pre-fitted DRLs were made voluntary - I'd be one of the first drivers to re-code my Polo to the optional infotainment setting and I'd turn mine off.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

massimo23 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am to enable the drl menu that enables or disables the drl lights the following needs to be enabled:
Are you squeezing the lemon? :lol:
You're great! 8)
massimo23
Bronze Member

Post by massimo23 »

Thanks Ciclo , there is a lot of lemon to squeeze software wise on these newer cars. :lol:

This is what is available in the adaptions for drl, how it is setup in my polo and google translated :) :

Scheinwerferferreinigungsansteuerung und Abblendlichtanzeige bei Dauerfahrlicht: not active
(Headlight remote cleaning control and low beam indicator for continuous running lights)

Werkseinstellung fuer Tagfahrlicht Freischaltung BAP / Bedienfolge: active
Factory setting for daytime running lights Activation BAP / operating sequence

Standlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Tagfahrlicht: active
Parking light additionally activates daytime running lights

Tagfahrlicht Dauerfahrlicht bei Handbremse abschalten: active
Daytime running light Switch off the permanent running light with the handbrake

Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht: not active
Daytime running light driving lights additionally activate parking lights

Tagfahrlichtkontrollleuchte: not active
Daytime running indicator light

Fahrlicht bei Tag: Daytime running lights
Driving light by day

Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich: active
Daytime running light activation by BAP or operating sequence possible

Tagfahrlicht nur in Schalterstellung AUTO: not active
Daytime running lights only in switch position AUTO
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

Well ive already bought the bulb holders vw partnumber 6R0953123A which take ba15s bulbs which was fitted to the previous models drls and they dont fit in place of the t20 holders on the later model as they are a different diameter. I wonder if ALL 6c lamp housings use the t20 bulb holders or if some 6c housings use the part number ive just bought or otherwise take ba15s bulbs?

I did consider just carefully filing away the plastic on my current lamps to make them fit the holders I just bought but im doubtfull that they will still be waterproof afterwards. If anyone knows of any 6c drls which take ba15s bulbs whithout chopping things id be gratefull because then i can have an oem solution which i can put smaller bulbs in OR if I want to be clever i could experiment with 24volt bulbs of the same rating which of course will be both dim and last forever at 12volts. I did already consider doing this by searching for t20 bulbs in different ratings and voltages but t20 is strictly only available in 12v 20w.
massimo23
Bronze Member

Post by massimo23 »

looking at the light functions I found these options in central electric:
Leuchte4TFL LB43:
Type_Of_Load_4:
allgemeineGluehlampe27W,auchH15-TFL
Lampendefektbit_Position_4:
3a
Fehlerort_mittleres_Byte_DTC-DFCC_4:
Light_Function_A_4:
Tagfahrlicht
Light_Function_B_4:
nicht aktiv
Dimming_AB_4:
Light_Control_HD_AB_4:
always
Light_Function_C_4:
Nebellicht links
Light_Function_D_4:
nicht aktiv
Dimming_CD_4:
Dimming_Direction_CD_4:
minimize
Light_Function_E_4:
nicht aktiv
Light_Function_F_4:
nicht aktiv
Dimming_EF_4:
Dimming_Direction_EF_4:
maximize
Light_Function_H_4:
nicht aktiv
Dimming_GH_4:
Dimming_Direction_GH_4:
maximize
Light_Function_G_4:
nicht aktiv
Leuchte5 TFL RB6:
Type_Of_Load_5:
allgemeineGluehlampe27W,auchH15-TFL
Lampendefektbit_Position_5:
Fehlerort_mittleres_Byte_DTC-DFCC_5:
Light_Function_A_5:
Tagfahrlicht
Light_Function_B_5:
nicht aktiv
Dimming_AB_5:
Light_Control_HD_AB_5:
always
Light_Function_C_5:
Nebellicht rechts
Light_Function_D_5:
nicht aktiv
Dimming_CD_5:
Dimming_Direction_CD_5:
minimize
Light_Function_E_5:
nicht aktiv
Light_Function_F_5:
nicht aktiv
Dimming_EF_5:
Dimming_Direction_EF_5:
maximize
Light_Function_H_5:
nicht aktiv
Dimming_GH_5:
Dimming_Direction_GH_5:
maximize
Light_Function_G_5:
nicht aktiv

These would be the left and right drl. The interesting part is the dimming options. Maybe it is possible to dim the lights to suit your need. I haven't tried this.
more study is needed :)
Also it is possible to dim the drl when the corrisponding side indicator is blinking.
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

Regarding VCDS. I wont in any case ever buy my own copy because although its seems very good 1) I wouldnt ever have a microsoft infected computer for any reason even if given to me or still running win which is all it runs on. (I used to recycle old atx Pcs and just put linux mint on them all and threw away any hardware that wasnt compatible) The only OS i will touch are apple or linux. BTW the VCDS that i used didnt allow one to get the security codes out of the bcm so if i remember rightly a lot of the settings particularly concerning lights and security etc required a 5 digit code in order to change a lot of settings which neither VW or vcds would provide.
This means I need something else like some kind of perpose made box for instance or some thing that will run for free (or cheap) on the android device im currently tolerating
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

massimo23 That is a very good solution and retains all OEM ness about the car as well plus reversible too and im already aware of it.
HOWEVER Unless im mistaken WHICH I COULD WELL BE, then the securrity code you posted here is unique to each car and also common across other functions requiring a security code and for your own benifit I suggest thinking twice before posting it publicly. I mean if its the same security code for all cars then wouldnt it cease to be a security code? shurely??

Besides that VCDS I borrowed wouldnt didnt appear to be able to give me any security codes so I doubt this will work on my car plus if I remember correctly i think I remember warnings about the BCM locking up if one puts in the wrong code, Nonetheless congratulations for succeding in your case
massimo23
Bronze Member

Post by massimo23 »

Have you heard of obdeleven pro. It can do mostly what vcds can do. That is what i am using at the moment. It is a bluetooth device and you need an android phone or tablet. They are working on an ios version also if you have an iphone or ipad. Obdeleven has long coding and adaptions and it finds the security code if available on there database.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

idriveapolo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:33 pm massimo23 That is a very good solution and retains all OEM ness about the car as well plus reversible too and im already aware of it.
HOWEVER Unless im mistaken WHICH I COULD WELL BE, then the securrity code you posted here is unique to each car and also common across other functions requiring a security code and for your own benifit I suggest thinking twice before posting it publicly. I mean if its the same security code for all cars then wouldnt it cease to be a security code? shurely??

Besides that VCDS I borrowed wouldnt didnt appear to be able to give me any security codes so I doubt this will work on my car plus if I remember correctly i think I remember warnings about the BCM locking up if one puts in the wrong code, Nonetheless congratulations for succeding in your case

Thanks to the information posted by massimo23 👍 there is nothing cleaner and safer to configure your DRLs (and other lights) at your whim.
So, the first comment that I did in this thread is absolutely correct. :lol:

The information posted by massino23 is in all 6C of this world, including yours, the security codes "to access the coding/adaptation" are known by almost everyone . There are no problem related to security of his car.

I think you should open your mind to the diagnostic tools and avoid everything you can do other tests for your DRLs. Your 6C will remain intact.

VCDS is my recommendation (nobody pays me for saying it), I have simply achieved fantastic things thanks to this tool, intuitive and easy to use for anyone. On the ross-tech website you can see the compatible supports for this tool.
The best thing about this tool is the broad international community that uses it, the info is shared with precision. :)

Other diagnostic tools are gaining positions because they are perfect for the smartphones (vcds too, I think), but someone has to create the information, and the VCDS allows anyone to easily create that information.🤓 ... with a lot of patience.
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

Ok please explain how security codes work then?
I Would have thought that a security code would have been for security and a single code would have given one access to all the stuff thats locked down a bit like how having a key to a house will be different from the neighbours house but at the same time once you have it you do what you like with entire contents. Obviously somethings different
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

These security accesses are designed so that someone reckless and without knowledge of them is not able to modify the data at random, that is, it is the first reminder that you are going to do something with certain importance in your car.

It is something basic and elementary, basic logic.

---
Basic logic example: 1 + 1 = 2, male elephant with female elephant, male elephant not with female ant, and so on...
🤣
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

So you mean like each function setting has its own code assigned more like eg a room full of lockers with perhaps one thing in each and each having its own key to put it allegoricaly??
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

With the security access of a unit you can modify the data.
These data have, the specific factory setting for the equipments installed in your car, and more data that are used in other level of equiments and that maybe also can be used for your car.
It's very simple once you use it.
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

Ive just found this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Built-14-Dayti ... 62&sr=8-26
The advert says it takes a p21w bulb (which I think is the same as ba15s?) but needs a holder (without saying what kind of holder), branded as "johns" alledgedly from hz designs germany with a website that doesnt work.

This would allow me to use the 5w bulbs i was on about in option 2 IF ive understood the advert correctly

What do people know about this (other than needing another one for the other side as well)