New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Little red
New
Drives: Polo r line

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Little red »

I have a build date of 8 April does anyone know how long from build to delivery
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Up to 8 weeks from factory to new owner.
Judging by other members on here, it's on average about 7 weeks.
Little red
New
Drives: Polo r line

Post by Little red »

Many thanks
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

With talk of Polos getting built earlier than planned recently I checked the tracker which previously stated that my 2nd GTI had a confirmed build week of 25/03/19. That status has changed to:-

"The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly".

I wonder if this signifies that it will be built earlier than expected, without committing to a date of build that will be before the planned build week?

Anyone else due for a build in the next 3 weeks also seen that slight status change?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Well this morning mine updated to say gone to stage 3 build week confirmed.
Now this afternoon it has updated again by text and email to say progressed to stage 2 with the factory. So it's gone backwards!
I was straight onto the phone with VW UK. They looked into and said it still says build week April 1st. The app is unreliable I was told.
If they had confirmed it was back with the factory I had decided to cancel. Let's see...

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Not me.
Mine has been on build week 10 for a while without any changes.
Should be reasonable weather hopefully when I finally receive mine.
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:30 pm With talk of Polos getting built earlier than planned recently I checked the tracker which previously stated that my 2nd GTI had a confirmed build week of 25/03/19. That status has changed to:-

"The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly".

I wonder if this signifies that it will be built earlier than expected, without committing to a date of build that will be before the planned build week?

Anyone else due for a build in the next 3 weeks also seen that slight status change?
Hi Monkeyhanger,

Just had the same - Originally was on build week confirmed for 04/03/19, just chekced it following your post and now says "The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly".

The wait from January 2018 may finally be coming to a end..........
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Bizarre. If I go on the VW website to track my order it says

'The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly.'
However the app has gone back a stage. [emoji2957]

S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:38 pm Bizarre. If I go on the VW website to track my order it says

'The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly.'
Same as you John. No update on the App but the website says differently. Mine is due to be built on Monday.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Now had the third app update of the day sent to me. It's now returned to build week confirmed. I think someone's pissed and it isn't me. [emoji6]

gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

Getting the same message on the website, The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly. My build date is 25/03/19 and the app is just giving me the build week confirmed message. My dealer is adamant that the build week is 18/03/19 though :shock:
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

gnome wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:52 pm Getting the same message on the website, The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly. My build date is 25/03/19 and the app is just giving me the build week confirmed message. My dealer is adamant that the build week is 18/03/19 though :shock:
Mine was due same week as yours (at least that is what was on the website for tracking).

One of a few things are happening here:-

1. Instead of telling you the confirmed build week, we now have a generic message to say build will begin shortly (and "shortly" could still mean your original build week).

2. Everyone with this update has an imminent build, either because it was due anyway (as per chris), and they've brought the build forward for some of us because they're extending a campaign of GTI builds.

3. It's a glitch and means nothing.

4. Something else.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

Mine was built around January 12th. Had the update saying arrived in the UK today. Then changed to in transit again and now arrived in UK again.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Looks like it's number 3 .

Gavlar25
New
Drives: VW Caddy, Polo GTI+ on order

Post by Gavlar25 »

rooneys wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:14 pm Mine was built around January 12th. Had the update saying arrived in the UK today. Then changed to in transit again and now arrived in UK again.
I had exactly the same with mine today, I spoke to the dealer and he said I might get in it by next weekend 8)