New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Griff74 »

Also Friday tends to be update on car status day from my dealership, hope he has confirmation that my car is on the Delphinus Leader (though it hasn't reported in via AIS for a worrying amount of time........) :D
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Griff74 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 am Also Friday tends to be update on car status day from my dealership, hope he has confirmation that my car is on the Delphinus Leader (though it hasn't reported in via AIS for a worrying amount of time........) :D
Let's hope that Somali Pirates haven't hijacked the boats to get your GTI (or mine).
CageyJ0nnY
New
Drives: GTI

Post by CageyJ0nnY »

My GTI arrived at Emden last night, here's hoping there's not too much longer to wait!
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:49 am
Griff74 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 am Also Friday tends to be update on car status day from my dealership, hope he has confirmation that my car is on the Delphinus Leader (though it hasn't reported in via AIS for a worrying amount of time........) :D
Let's hope that Somali Pirates haven't hijacked the boats to get your GTI (or mine).
It would be mine they would nick, they wouldn't want yours with those Bridgestone tyres on it, even pirates know how bad they are!! :lol:
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

CageyJ0nnY wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:59 am My GTI arrived at Emden last night, here's hoping there's not too much longer to wait!
Yeah shouldn't be too long now I would think, what ship was your car on, I can't see anything docked at Emden or having just left, I see the Grand Dahlia is heading in to dock (later than ETA)?
CageyJ0nnY
New
Drives: GTI

Post by CageyJ0nnY »

Griff74 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:28 am
CageyJ0nnY wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:59 am My GTI arrived at Emden last night, here's hoping there's not too much longer to wait!
Yeah shouldn't be too long now I would think, what ship was your car on, I can't see anything docked at Emden or having just left, I see the Grand Dahlia is heading in to dock (later than ETA)?
Grand Dalia got into Emden last night at approx 3am. Dealership says the car is still on the boat though.
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Also anyone whose car was in Emden already, the carrier "City of Oslo" is about to dock at Grimsby, she's come from Emden.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Everybody who has been waiting for their car to arrive gets frustrated, It's happened to the vast majority of us who ordered a new Polo with slight differences in specifications.
The only way is to ask your VW dealer, don't bother with the chat line, they know nothing! Soon this post will be on page 250 :( with everybody wondering what boat their cars on.

Patience is a virtue.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Griff74 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:49 am
It would be mine they would nick, they wouldn't want yours with those Bridgestone tyres on it, even pirates know how bad they are!! :lol:
The ultimate theft deterrent, like that old Smith and Jones sketch where he blips his car alarm and the car turns into a reliant Robin. :lol:

First job for the 2nd one is get some Michelins on. Not sure whether to stick with the PS4 or get the PSS that are still available, but were supposed to be superseded by the PS4. They are better than the PS4, but will wear quicker.

Shouldn't be too much of a stretch seeing as I just sold my Golf R, getting £1800 more than was offered in p/x (I was expecting less). 46 months driving the R has cost me £10700 in depreciation - or £233 a month. Cheap motoring for a (then) £32k RRP car. They're about £35k now, although half of that is the now obligatory DSG box (mine was manual).

Just wish VW would use any top tier manufacturer but Bridgestone. They probably saved a fiver a car, but costs you £400 to get rid of the hard, noisy, slippery ditch finders.
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

I have never owned or drove a car with Bridgestones on and thought they were good tyres, they are noisy, have average dry grip and awful wet, I really don't understand why manufactures use them, even Kumo make better (and cheaper) tyres than them!
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

The position hasn’t updated but it will when it gets closer to Europe, the other ships did the same. ETA to Vigo has been updated to the 21st instead of the 22nd 👍🏻
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Oh makes sense, glad the ETA has moved up a day, must have tail winds. Our cars should be in the UK by the end of the month then at this rate which would mean my dealers ETA when I ordered the car of me having it very early May would be correct.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Mine is dancing around somewhere near Morocco at the moment.
Chop chop big shippy thing, get a move on.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Griff74 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:16 pm Also anyone whose car was in Emden already, the carrier "City of Oslo" is about to dock at Grimsby, she's come from Emden.
Been told by my dealer mine is getting off at Grimsby, hope it was on that ship.

The tracker updated last Saturday so hopeful it could do the same tomorrow...
Surface36
Getting There!
Drives: SEL115 on order

Post by Surface36 »

My SEL arrived in Emden late last Thursday...............text on Sat to say it was there 5b..................nothing since so hoping on an update in the morning. It is waiting for the Sheerness ship