Retrofit central locks on my 1998 Polo

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
tomask
New
Drives: 1998 VW Polo 6N 1,4

Retrofit central locks on my 1998 Polo

Post by tomask »

Hi!

First time here! Just bought a 1998 VW Polo 6N to be used as a daily driver. Rustfree with only 73.000km on the odometer, owned by a eldery woman since new. The problem is, she ordered without any options as far as I can see.. So it lacks central locking.

Do anyone here know of a cheap central locking kit that can be easily installed? I only need the four passanger doors to lock / unlock, the rear hatch I can unlock with a key for that matter. I've checked around on Ebay and found kits that look promising, but I don't want to use a lot of time to fabricate parts for mounting the kit.

Any ideas?
DSandu
New
Drives: 6N (Polo Classic)

Re: Retrofit central locks on my 1998 Polo

Post by DSandu »

I want to install a kit like that to my polo too, and I am intersted in this subject. I'm afraid I will not be able to install the actuators. If u decide to buy this tkit, plase make a tutorial when you install it!
tomask
New
Drives: 1998 VW Polo 6N 1,4

Re: Retrofit central locks on my 1998 Polo

Post by tomask »

To update; I've got a hold of a kit but haven't installed it yet. I don't have the rubber "boots" / hoses that sits between the door and the frame. Not sure if it's a good idea just to poke a hole through the rubber seals and run the wires through.. Hopeless to get hold of those boots.. :/