New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by SRGTD »

peeceeuk wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm Had a bit of a surprise when the dealer was giving me the interior tour.
Showing the buttons near the gear lever, he pressed parking sensor button which I did not know I was going to have.
I do not recall seeing it as a standard feature on the GTi+.
I wasn't bothered enough to order it but since I have it, I'm pretty chuffed it's there.
S_94 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 pm Same here I didn't know that was a feature! Very nice to have.

Have found mine goes a bit mad though even if I'm nowhere near hitting something.
Front and rear parking sensors have been part of the GTI/GTI+ standard spec from day one.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

Trantor wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:30 pm For those still waiting, here's my ongoing tail of woe! Ordered new GTI+ mid June 2018. Up until this weekend the tracker has been showing "with the factory". Contacted dealer end of April for an update and told car should be built mid May. To my surprise, this weekend, I received a message from the tracker saying build week confirmed first week of June. An obvious date disparity so queried with dealer, who after contacting VW, called me back saying my car is actually in the process of being built. After a few whiffs of smelling salts I regained some composure :)

So, question I have from those who have recently endured the torture, and taken delivery of their new pride and joy, how long roughly will it take from build to actual delivery? I'm estimating 4-6 weeks.

Also, now the end is in sight, can anyone who has moved from the previous 6C GTI to the new one give any comparative comments. I'd be interested to know as I've yet to see one in the flesh, let alone test drive one! Am I nuts to have dumped this amount of cash on something I've never seen?
I got my in transit notification on 28th March, my car is currently off the south west cost of Portugal, I don't expect to get it until the 2nd week of June or later now as it can take 3\4 weeks to be delivered after they get to Emden, which it's due to arrive at on the 20th.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I’ve had them re-jig the prepay service schedule and remove the 2x MOT’s.
So the prices are/include:
Services
Year 1 - £140
Year 2 - £210
Year 3 - £200
Year 3 - £280

Aircon refresh and service combined 2x £79
DSG oil and filter change 1x £184
Brake fluid change 1x £64

Total Plan/service price: £1292.40
Which break down as 1x £27.40 and 46x £27.50 monthly payments

As it’s been mentioned, I’ve checked the original purchase order and invoices, and they do show that I added a 4yr / 75k miles extended warranty to the options when I ordered the car, and the amount I paid reflects this. Let’s hope they honour it.So must’ve been lucky to get it before they changed the number of years offered.

I’ve also ordered from elsewhere a spare Brescia rim, I wonder how long that will be on back order
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

gnome wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:35 pm
Trantor wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:30 pm For those still waiting, here's my ongoing tail of woe! Ordered new GTI+ mid June 2018. Up until this weekend the tracker has been showing "with the factory". Contacted dealer end of April for an update and told car should be built mid May. To my surprise, this weekend, I received a message from the tracker saying build week confirmed first week of June. An obvious date disparity so queried with dealer, who after contacting VW, called me back saying my car is actually in the process of being built. After a few whiffs of smelling salts I regained some composure :)

So, question I have from those who have recently endured the torture, and taken delivery of their new pride and joy, how long roughly will it take from build to actual delivery? I'm estimating 4-6 weeks.

Also, now the end is in sight, can anyone who has moved from the previous 6C GTI to the new one give any comparative comments. I'd be interested to know as I've yet to see one in the flesh, let alone test drive one! Am I nuts to have dumped this amount of cash on something I've never seen?
I don't pick mine up until Friday but I can tell you that its taken 51 days from the Monday of the build week to getting delivery to dealership. Yes I've kept a count :mrgreen:
I like your style, it has inspired me to make a wall calendar and put a big red circle round day number 51 :D
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Nora wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 am As it was a little damp on Saturday shortly after I took delivery, I found out how “perky” the car can be, as I exited Tesco’s carpark a little sharpish to get out in front of traffic and the car was still wheel spinning on the wet road 100yds further down the road.
Bridgestone Turanzas...they're sh!te. When you really start to put your foot down, you'll notice how much tramping you'll do in 1st and second, even on a dry day.

I had the back end get away from me when exiting a large roundabout slip road at 2/3 throttle in 2nd.

Putting these tyres on a GTI is like putting Dutch clogs on Usain Bolt for the 100m.

Michelin PS4s transform the car and your confidence in its abilities.

Our 2nd GTI+ is getting delivered to my work tomorrow and it'll be getting its shoes changed at lunchtime.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Do you have an opinion on the Primacy 3's that come on the 17" wheels?
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Question for the guys who have had their GTI for a while.

How many miles in until you properly started putting your foot down in the car (sport mode)? I've done just over 200 miles and have only used sport on short bursts but even then didn't really put my foot all the way down.

Was planning on waiting until around 500 miles before using it more regularly.

Currently got the car in Individual Mode with Steering and Engine on 'Sport'. Commute to work is always D1, D2 etc even though it's very tempting to quickly switch to Sport!
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

peeceeuk wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:17 pm Do you have an opinion on the Primacy 3's that come on the 17" wheels?
Vers good touring tyre, NOT a sport tyre per see.
Heaps better than the Bridgestones though.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

peeceeuk wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:17 pm Do you have an opinion on the Primacy 3's that come on the 17" wheels?
As far as I'm aware, they're fine. Both the Michelin Primacy and Bridgestone Turanza are categorised as touring tyres rather than performance tyres.

I've had a string of VWs come on Bridgestone tyres (mainly Potenza) and they all have the same traits - hard (uncomfortable), noisy, gave a tendency to tramp in 1st and second at relatively low throttle inputs, poor turn in grip. They do last a seriously long time though.

I'd give the Primacy a go if you've got Parkers.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 pm Question for the guys who have had their GTI for a while.

How many miles in until you properly started putting your foot down in the car (sport mode)? I've done just over 200 miles and have only used sport on short bursts but even then didn't really put my foot all the way down.

Currently got the car in Individual Mode with Steering and Engine on 'Sport'. Commute to work is always D1, D2 etc even though it's very tempting to quickly switch to Sport!
200 miles - with a warm engine. That ensures the brakes and tyres are properly bedded in. I wouldn't lose sleep about giving it 1/2 ;throttle occasionally from day 1, 2/3 throttle from 200 miles, 3/4 throttle from 500 miles, and everything at 1000 miles.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:29 pm
S_94 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 pm Question for the guys who have had their GTI for a while.

200 miles - with a warm engine. That ensures the brakes and tyres are properly bedded in. I wouldn't lose sleep about giving it 1/2 ;throttle occasionally from day 1, 2/3 throttle from 200 miles, 3/4 throttle from 500 miles, and everything at 1000 miles.
Thanks monkey.

Trying to get my head around the driving modes at the moment. If the car is individual mode with only Steering and Engine set as 'Sport', does switching the gear stick down into 'S1, S2 etc' change all other options to 'Sport'? Would they switch back to Normal when dropping back to 'D1, D2 etc'.

Just trying to work out if it's ever actually worth using the Sport Mode option and if there's any difference.
Blackpug
New
Drives: Car

Post by Blackpug »

ImageImage

Picked mine up today. Was in dealer stock so didn’t have to wait long. Had the options I wanted, Brescias and winter pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:29 pm

Thanks monkey.

Trying to get my head around the driving modes at the moment. If the car is individual mode with only Steering and Engine set as 'Sport', does switching the gear stick down into 'S1, S2 etc' change all other options to 'Sport'? Would they switch back to Normal when dropping back to 'D1, D2 etc'.

Just trying to work out if it's ever actually worth using the Sport Mode option and if there's any difference.
Going between D and S on the DSG does not affect engine output, it only affects where the gear change thresholds are. If you change engine within individual mode or the driving mode itself to Sport then the gearbox will default to S for that ignition cycle only and will be D thereafter. In S mode the gearbox will hold onto lower gears for longer.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Trantor wrote:For those still waiting, here's my ongoing tail of woe! Ordered new GTI+ mid June 2018. Up until this weekend the tracker has been showing "with the factory". Contacted dealer end of April for an update and told car should be built mid May. To my surprise, this weekend, I received a message from the tracker saying build week confirmed first week of June. An obvious date disparity so queried with dealer, who after contacting VW, called me back saying my car is actually in the process of being built. After a few whiffs of smelling salts I regained some composure :)

I hopefully get mine in a couple of weeks or so. I'm swapping my 6c GTI for the new version. Will be interesting how it compares, drive wise. I sat in a stock GTI last year but I haven't driven one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

peeceeuk wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 am
gnome wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:15 am Just got my stage 7, Car is at Dealership. :mrgreen: That means its sat 1 mile from where I work :| Soo close now!
Got mine too just now.
It gave me news I already knew.
Seems they are rolling into the dealerships thick n fast then guys and gals. I got call last night to say paperwork in post and I should have car this week end or following week. Happy days at last