DTUK Pedal box

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Blackpug
New
Drives: Car

DTUK Pedal box

Post by Blackpug »

Has anyone got one of these fitted to a Gti ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: DTUK Pedal box

Post by monkeyhanger »

Blackpug wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 pm Has anyone got one of these fitted to a Gti ?

Nope, but they're always debated on the GOLF GTI forum. They alter the throttle response, giving you more up front and basically gives you a hair trigger on your throttle pedal. More popular with the Golf R than the GTI, as the R's 4WD prevents tramping.

If you've got a Polo GTI on Brescias with Bridgestone Turanzas and get one of these, you'll find it harder to modulate throttle input and will tramp more.

They don't make your car any quicker, you just press the throttle pedal less for a bigger output and end up with no response at the back end of the pedal travel.

Some people decide they need one of these even though they leave their car in Eco or Normal mode (which dulls throttle response).
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

I've not tried one but I do know about the "sluggish" throttle response on VW MQB based cars, are lots of mentions on the interwebs about it. On my current Leon (also MQB) I have found setting up the "Individual" driving profile with everything as normal apart from the throttle response to sport made a huge difference and I have had it set like this since the day I got it, putting it in to "normal" mode really is a noticeable difference for the worse.

The car I had before the Leon was an Abarth 500 with the Esseesse tune on it and it had a VERY responsive throttle, as does our 2nd car which is an i3 (instant electric power), and I find the Leon with the throttle map always on Sport to be fine.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Griff74 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 am as does our 2nd car which is an i3 (instant electric power), and I find the Leon with the throttle map always on Sport to be fine.
Electric car throttle response can really throw people.
Many Leaf owners can't cope and put it onto ECO mode to dull it.
Don't see the problem myself, I love the responsiveness, they must be wearing diver's boots or something.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:03 am
Griff74 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 am as does our 2nd car which is an i3 (instant electric power), and I find the Leon with the throttle map always on Sport to be fine.
Electric car throttle response can really throw people.
Many Leaf owners can't cope and put it onto ECO mode to dull it.
Don't see the problem myself, I love the responsiveness, they must be wearing diver's boots or something.
I put our i3 in to "Eco Pro" mode once, just the once.............. :lol:
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Griff74 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 am I put our i3 in to "Eco Pro" mode once, just the once.............. :lol:
When I test drove the Leaf, the salesman nearly lost the sale because he'd put it in ECO and I thought it was a slug.
It was only the last mile he switched ECO off and I went "woooooah this is more like it!!!"
nisis
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by nisis »

Before i had Blue GT with pedalbox. when i changed to GTI i find that without box it feld really sluggish, even in sport mode, as i was used to more sensible response.
Now, with the new pedalbox i am happy again :D
Blackpug
New
Drives: Car

Post by Blackpug »

Reason I asked is I had it on two previous cars (both mk7 R’s). Made a massive positive change to the way the cars drove. Contacted DTUK and pedal box would need reprogrammed. Currently abroad but will be getting it done once I’m home.