17 Bonneville alloys

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
bmwboxer
New
Drives: R-LINE

17 Bonneville alloys

Post by bmwboxer »

New member, first post . I have ordered a new Polo R line and have been reading about diamond cut alloys and the problems of keeping them in good order. Has anybody put spare wheels on over winter , and was wondering what would be a cheap option. Has anyone done this ?.
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: 17 Bonneville alloys

Post by l3rady »

bmwboxer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm New member, first post . I have ordered a new Polo R line and have been reading about diamond cut alloys and the problems of keeping them in good order. Has anybody put spare wheels on over winter , and was wondering what would be a cheap option. Has anyone done this ?.
Haven't got any experience with the diamond cut alloys yet but for my new car coming I have decided to go out and buy some custom alloys for the new tyres and from day one I will be taking the wheel off and storing them as is until I sell/trade in. I just don't want to deal with the issues of diamond cut alloys despite how cool they look.

If you want to go the same route then custom alloys don't have to cost a fortune. I managed to pick up a nice looking set for £500 for 18inch wheels. I used https://www.rimstyle.com/ and their website will show you wheels that will fit your vehicle.