BlueGT MPG

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
27_craig
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

BlueGT MPG

Post by 27_craig »

Hello All,

Just anted to compare my BlueGT with others to see what sort of mpg you are all getting?

On my 24 mile commute to work on mainly 50-60mph roads I am getting around 47-52mpg, does that sound about right?

Also I have recently took the car on a 1000 mile round trip to France and on the motorway sat at around 70mpg I was a little disappointed that I was only managing around 43-45mpg? I thought this was a little low?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Re: BlueGT MPG

Post by Norbreck21a »

I drove the wife's the other day to work (DSG). The route was though a busy town with a fair bit of stop / start and traffic lights etc. For the 8 mile journey it got 44mpg.

The journey home was on the motorway (so about 12 miles), taking it easy at around 65mph on the motorway (as it had just had paintwork done and I didn't want to risk picking up stone chips whilst the paint was still soft), and it got 62.5mpg. Very impressed.

These modern cars can be superb on fuel. This is what my 1 year old Golf MK 7.5 GTI got the other day - not bad for well over 200bhp and DSG

martyn_x_86
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GT Blue

Post by martyn_x_86 »

Hi,

I've got a 2017 GT-Blue Manual (only done around 9K miles) and I recently did a 180 mile trip (mainly motorway) in 2 halves. Generally sat at 65 Mph on cruise control occasionally speeding up to 70 Mph - ish to pass slow moving traffic. I averaged 63.8mpg, which I though was pretty good. 65 Mph seems to be the sweet spot from what I have found. Any faster and it starts to eat into the efficiency. Also, I was the only person in the car with a small suitcase as it depends how much weight you are carrying too I suppose

It can also depend on the petrol used from what I've heard. The above figures were from Tesco standard petrol, although I know some people won't touch that

I generally will average 50-55 on general driving, just being light footed until I get bored and fancy punching it occasionally. It's noticably better than any other car I have had.The key is to getting the best is gentle acceleration when the ACT is engaged to keep it engaged instead of using all 4 cylinders.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

The DSG version tends to be more fuel efficient than the manual in normal use as well as being marginally more accelerative.

The mpg figures quoted are broadly in line with what I achieve.
snre
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT 150ps 2016

Post by snre »

Honestly that sort of MPG sounds about right, assuming you had things like AC on, windows open, other things that can decrease mpg or were carrying 1/2 passengers.

In my BlueGT I've noticed its VERY much about how you drive. As in, much more noticeable than other cars.

If I go out on a night just to kick my cars head in and rarely ever shift higher than third gear going up to 90mph (where the roads allow), I'll return about 20mpg, which considering I'm driving the worst way possible for fuel isn't that bad.

For my commute to work I drive about 50 miles a day (Hence why I chose the BGT over the GTI), and its a good mixture of 50mph long straights, dual carriageways and a decent amount of start-stop driving. I'll return anywhere from 35-60mpg depending on how I'm driving. If I hypermile the car (which in a sense is what it's for at times) then I'll return easily 50-60mpg dependent on traffic, and if I drive reasonably while putting my foot down on the straights and overtaking when there is less traffic but also using cruise control to keep the consumption down, I average about 40. I wouldn't worry, like someone has already mentioned if you're going over 60-65 it starts to eat into your fuel economy, for me I've found 55 to be the perfect middle ground in cruise control, and you'll return about 50, as compared to 40ish when doing 70.

:D
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

out of curiosity, do you know name and model number of music system?
if I am not wrong, it is car net one ?