CBZB - Ignition cable puller part number

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

CBZB - Ignition cable puller part number

Post by exantas »

Hello,

My car has a CBZB engine (2011 model) and sometimes on idle (usually on traffic lights) the engine feels like missing (one of the cinders not firing).
I want to change spark plugs and ignition cables and I am looking for the part number for the puller. Does anybody have it ?
My car have ignition cables like these in the picture

I tried google oc but it returns part number for the puller that works for different type of ignition coil

Thank you for your time,
Theo
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: CBZB - Ignition cable puller part number

Post by RUM4MO »

The VW Group part number for the official puller that the dealership workshops use is :- T10112A, maybe look in the Tools Connections ie Laser Tools website for their equivalent, others will also provide an equivalent tool I'd think.

Edit:- Sealey VS5293 is an equivalent and cheaper version, if you can buy one.
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw)

Post by wolfie »

He he, just by coincidence I needed one myself and it turned up yesterday. I bought the Sealey one VS5293 (T10112A, clone) I just picked the cheapest on Ebay. It's stainless steel so should last, however it was not without issue.
Where the rod is welded to the puller section it was a tiny bit too low, so it bumped into the top of the connector and would not engage fully. 5mins with the Dremel, and it fits perfectly. (reading the reviews from several sources, folk are seeing this with the Sealey tool) In my view it's expensive for what it actually does, but it does make life much easier, especially for the two plugs that are buried down behind the turbo heat shield.
wolfie
Gold Member

Post by wolfie »

exantas wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:58 pm Hello,

My car has a CBZB engine (2011 model) and sometimes on idle (usually on traffic lights) the engine feels like missing (one of the cinders not firing).
Mine is a 2011, CBZB and does exactly the same. It only does it when cold, once warmed up it disappears. It's done it from day 1, as far as I can remember. It just feels like it's missed a beat and recovered, not a recurring misfire.
exantas
Bronze Member

Post by exantas »

Thank you for the answers. I will try ebay as well.
wolfie wrote:
exantas wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:58 pm Hello,

Mine is a 2011, CBZB and does exactly the same. It only does it when cold, once warmed up it disappears. It's done it from day 1, as far as I can remember. It just feels like it's missed a beat and recovered, not a recurring misfire.
My car does it both cold, for example 500 meters after starting the drive and randomly hours during the drive when when I stop for seconds on the toll both. It's sporadic and it feels like the engine kicking for a moment and then recover.

I want to change the plugs and cables and see if it stops the issue. At some point previous owner had changed some of the cables but they used cables without the protective loom.

I bought the car used a year ago, 2011 model with 80k km (now approximately 90k) and I want to change them anyway to have one thing less to worry about.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Last edited by exantas on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfie
Gold Member

Post by wolfie »

I'm am not sure when they started fitting the additional heat protection but mine does not have any. It has crossed my mind to update the leads, but as they are not giving any real problems I'll leave them until they become problematic.

One thing I have learned with experience as the plug leads become brittle with age and use. The conductors breakdown internally even though the leads look in good condition. They work fine until you move or flex the the leads, but once you move them they fail internally and can cause problems.

I'll be interested to see if it fixes the problem for you.
exantas
Bronze Member

Post by exantas »

Today I replaced the sparkplugs and their cables. I ordered the tool mentioned above (Sealey VS5293) but oc didn't fit. I took it to local machine shop and the guy modified it for me.

I installed new ngk IZFR6P7 plugs and tighten them at 28Nm.

Also installed NGK BLACK 44316 spark plug cable kit. My car came without the plastic loom over the sparkplug cables, so the existing cable holders did not work. I had to use zip tights to keep them fixed.

Now I have to monitor and see if it fixes the problem I notice on cold engine or I need to change the distributor also later on. ImageImageImage

wolfie
Gold Member

Post by wolfie »

Good to hear you managed to get it done. I'll be interested to hear if it resolves the issue for you. The tool I bought needed to be "tweaked" a little, I just filed mine on the inside a little and that did the trick.

I've recently replaced the plugs on mine and it made no difference whatsoever. I still feel the odd what I assume is a misfire when the car is at idle and not fully warmed up. It's been like that from the day I bought it so just got used to it.

I was reading that misfires at idle can be caused by small air leaks in the induction system that throw the mixture off at low engine speed. It's not unknown for the "plastic" lines to become brittle and crack over time.

Personally, and I may well be wrong I don't actually think it's a "misfire." I think it's the natural behavior of the engine at idle. The idle speed of the Tsi is pretty low. It was originally 640rpm and later increased to 680rpm via a software update. I think it's a case of the engine management over-controlling.
exantas
Bronze Member

Post by exantas »

New sparkplugs and leads didn't change/fix the issue for my car :/