Looking for a GTi+ - Climate & dsg query

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Re: Looking for a GTi+ - Climate & dsg query

Post by Trantor »

When I ordered my new GTI+ I decided not to have climate. Why? Well... When I ordered my previous 6C GTI I did order climate but the garage cocked up the order when they passed it on to the factory. I was compensated for the ommision. In reality I didn't really miss it and was able to heat up and cool the car down via the manual system to my satisfaction. I had an Audi before the 6C which did have climate. It worked OK but looking back I was always fiddling with it to adjust the temperature display. Another thing that wound me up was when getting into the car during summer months, and starting it with climate set to auto (which it defaulted to), always meant the fan would shoot up to full speed to cool the car down in the shortest time. Yes, doing what it was designed to, but due to the noise of the fan I was always manually turning it back down. Defeating the object of having it really. I've had the GTI+ for couple of months now I can confirm that its manual system is noticeably better than in the 6C. Others may have different requirements/opinions but for me I'm not missing out at all. The heat control is very responsive and the air-con works fine.
spookydog
New
Drives: Looking for a GTi+

Post by spookydog »

I know what you mean Trantor, but being spoilt all these years with Climate would be almost like taking a step backwards, try convicing my misses on that argument hehe
raysablade
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by raysablade »

Call me a cynic but failing to deliver the spec you want is a win win for the dealer.

They clear their stock, you are more likely to want to change early.

The wife is looking to change her Golf for a Polo after less than 3 years. The dealer having convinced her that she would not miss climate on a car they had in stock when she last changed.

Top of the “must have” list this time is climate control.