Interest rate drop on GTI

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
deanjesper
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Interest rate drop on GTI

Post by deanjesper »

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum, been reading a lot of the threads on here and decided to sign up.

I saw on the VW website that VW have dropped the interest rate for GTIs to 4.9% and it looks like they’ve added on £1k deposit contribution.

I was wondering if anyone with a GTI on order has seen this and has asked for the new interest rate?

Cheers
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Interest rate drop on GTI

Post by monkeyhanger »

You've every right to ask for a new credit check for the finance to run for current offers. The dealership will be no worse off for you getting the deposit contribution and lower APR rate than if you got the deal you're already approved for.

The £1000 deposit contribution is there now, and the GFV has dropped a little, so if PCPing, you won't quite be £1000 better off, more like £700. You also have that % drop, that's going save you about another £500. Space that over a 3 year loan, you'll be saving about £35 a month.

Probably a VW sweetener to cushion the potential blow of a non-EU tariff possibility post-Brexit, or maybe GTI+ demand gas slowed down since all the early adopters' orders have been fulfilled.
deanjesper
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by deanjesper »

I’ll give the dealership a call then :D
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

I have just looked at Polo offers on the VW website and it says GTI & GTI + are excluded in the offer
raysablade
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by raysablade »

Just noticed a very low offer on Carwow for a stock GTI plus that includes a £1000 “dealer contribution”.

It might be on its way more generally, just not published yet.

We are planning to pay cash for the wife’s car in a couple of weeks, this might change the calculations.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Mike222 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:13 pm I have just looked at Polo offers on the VW website and it says GTI & GTI + are excluded in the offer
That's probably a remnant statement from the old deals. The new finance calculator clearly states a £1000 deposit contribution when you select a GTI.
Sport172
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Sport172 »

monkeyhanger wrote:
Mike222 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:13 pm I have just looked at Polo offers on the VW website and it says GTI & GTI + are excluded in the offer
That's probably a remnant statement from the old deals. The new finance calculator clearly states a £1000 deposit contribution when you select a GTI.
Have just sent an email to VWFS for a definitive answer. This is unclear on the VW Uk Website with contradicting statements between the Finance Calculator and the current Polo offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

raysablade wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:45 pm Just noticed a very low offer on Carwow for a stock GTI plus that includes a £1000 “dealer contribution”.

We are planning to pay cash for the wife’s car in a couple of weeks, this might change the calculations.
From what I've read, it's not unusual to take out the finance and then settle the finance immediately taking advantage of the deposit contribution without need to pay further contributions or accrue interest.
raysablade
New

Post by raysablade »

roywolfey wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 pm
raysablade wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:45 pm Just noticed a very low offer on Carwow for a stock GTI plus that includes a £1000 “dealer contribution”.

From what I've read, it's not unusual to take out the finance and then settle the finance immediately taking advantage of the deposit contribution without need to pay further contributions or accrue interest.
Indeed as we have the cash it looks like a win win for us and the dealer. She’s doing the paperwork today so I can report back.

GTI and GTI plus are definitely in the club now.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/offers-and ... deals/polo
cardiak
New
Drives: --

Post by cardiak »

Can confirm this. Pick up my car tomorrow (GTI+) and the stealer informed me yesterday of the good news. Increased contribution on their behalf and an interest rate drop means the car is an awesome deal right now.
raysablade
New

Post by raysablade »

cardiak wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:48 am Can confirm this. Pick up my car tomorrow (GTI+) and the stealer informed me yesterday of the good news. Increased contribution on their behalf and an interest rate drop means the car is an awesome deal right now.
Our’s has confirmed too, the wife was happy with the cash deal she’d secured so £1000 is a very nice bonus. Unfortunately she already had a trip down to Harvey Nichols planned for Saturday, so it’s as good as spent already.
cardiak
New

Post by cardiak »

raysablade wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:03 am Unfortunately she already had a trip down to Harvey Nichols planned for Saturday, so it’s as good as spent already.
Haha! Brilliant :D
john896
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by john896 »

I can confirm after contacting the dealership today regarding my order that they also are going to honour the £1000 contribution and interest rate which is now available on my GTI+. Anyone who has made an order should definitely contact their dealership if they haven't already contact you about it. When i emailed mine they said they were going to email me and let me know of the changes anyway so im not sure if the are obliged to give you the contribution or not.

Nice little saving will pay for my winter wheels and tyres as i think i will put a set of Pamplona alloys on with Bridgestone Weather Control A005 on.
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

Picking up mine on Monday, dealer phoned yesterday to give good news about new interest rate etc .
cardiak
New

Post by cardiak »

Todays the day Mike! Hope you have a great day, I've no doubt you'll love your new car! :)