Flexible servicing

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Casbantam
Getting There!
Drives: 1.2 TSI Match

Flexible servicing

Post by Casbantam »

Just seeing if anyone can advise on the following please.
I believe my car is a 6c and was told by the dealership that it is on flexible service intervals. They have now told me it should be done every year. It was serviced at 05/2017 on 2039 miles then 05/2018 on 3849 miles . They originally said it could get as far as 05/2020 before the service light illuminates.
It is now on 14500 miles. What do you guys do? It is a 2016 1.2 TSI
Cheers
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Flexible servicing

Post by RUM4MO »

Well, as it has done over 10K miles since its last service 18 months ago, at which time I'd think that it would have been filled with the lower spec'd oil option, ie 502 5W-40, I'd get it serviced ASAP if you want to keep it for a few years, then get it serviced next in 12 months if that means less than 10K miles.

I'm guessing that it dis not get its initial brake fluid change at the 3 years mark either, so add that into the list of jobs needing doing.
Casbantam
Getting There!

Post by Casbantam »

Thanks for the feedback RUM4MO. I have always serviced my vehicles annually or per set mileage so cannot understand these flexible options. Think I will book it shortly then. Cheers
Casbantam
Getting There!

Post by Casbantam »

Phoned the garage today to book in for service and they said that the car will notify me when the service inspection / oil change is due.
I said that it had last been serviced 17 months and 11k miles ago. He was surprised by this and said he would expect it to come on imminently.
I decided to book it in anyway but when I checked the service due button it said due in 8000 miles or nearly 200 days time. This would roughly be what I was originally told in May that it could be mealy 2 years and 18000 miles before its due????
The service book is as clear as mud and tells me to refer to my data plug which doesn't help.
I am going to get it serviced anyway and have provisionally book in at the dealers but I might check their prices against a local indy VW garage as they are quoting nearly £500 for service Mot and brake fluid change. This seems expensive but will see what the Independent garage quotes then decide.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Many VW Group dealers do claim to match/beat any proper other quotes you get within a certain distance, maybe look on the VW main website and that VW dealer's group website to see if they are doing this, I'd think that you would need to do the leg work as this sort of thing is quietly hidden to avoid you trying it out!
ihpj
Bronze Member

Post by ihpj »

Defo. use the VW price match against your Dealer. I have posted my successes on this site and have had a lot of success with it. I just wish my Dealer would stop asking me to provide a written quote every time as they know by now I can get one if needed :mrgreen:

I am currently jumping through the same hoops this year as my Mothers Polo 6C requires a timing belt and brake fluid change :roll:

In my experience using the price match is quite easy, just be sure the quote you provide lists the VW part numbers and clearly shows the price....good luck!