Skoda Fabia VRS 2012. Auto lights retrofit OEM

Forum to discuss the Skoda Fabia
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Skoda Fabia VRS 2012. Auto lights retrofit OEM

Post by ciclo »

It seems that the J745 unit uses a protocol that the new internal Gateway of the new BCM 7E0 does not understand.
In the original diagrams of the J745 unit the CAN lines go to an external Gateway that manages it (which is used for the old BCMs).

I fear that it is not possible to have two Gateways for data management between units.

---
Idea 🔥 ⚠.. not based on any kind of technical knowledge, but it has worked with other units in other cars ..⚠

As a test, not as a final installation, do the following:
The new CAN lines must also remain installed for the IC.

Most likely, it will not work, and therefore you cannot install the J745.

---
Tip: For the tests it is always better to use original connectors to avoid cuts in the wires when testing, and for wires isolation too.
VASILEIOS1972
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 tsi , Skoda Fabia 5J Vrs 1.4

Post by VASILEIOS1972 »

if i understood well, if i bought the car with the afs system and made upgrades to bcm max then the afs would go out of operation?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Exactly.

The Volkswagen Polo 6R/family is still manufactured (Russia, India, ...) and is still improving as a product, such as the 7E0 BCMs, LED headlights, and the entire periphery of control units that depend on them.
This has not happened with Fabia, the best BCM manufactured for Fabia worldwide is 7H0 937 090D, which belongs to the family of the old BCMs (with certain similarities at 7E0 BCMs).

7H0 937 090 = old BCM Max <--2015--> 7E0 937 090 = new BCM Max

It is true that your Fabia VRS is a somewhat special case, because it uses the bumper holes dedicated to the fog lights for the beautiful LED daytime running lights (VRS), making Static Cornering Lights and all possible codings impossible.
If it would had been another Fabia (not VRS) the SCLs would have been possible.

I guess the problem is that the Fabia Dynamic Cornering Lights (--> 2015, in Headlights) need the J745 unit, which has not been developed/included for 7E0 BCMs.

I am afraid that in this case it is not possible to make HW and SW compatible. I would like to be wrong, I am not an expert in Sk Fabia.

---
It was not my idea to install those headlights on your Fabia VRS (7E0 BCM), however, it has been a good experiment, I have done many with the same result.
VASILEIOS1972
Bronze Member

Post by VASILEIOS1972 »

Unfortunately, the upgrades are not always successful

For this reason we should be good, looking for new upgrades

Show must go on

Best regards
Vasilis
Last edited by VASILEIOS1972 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

OMFG ... the world is full of ungrateful people.

Autolights, CH, LH, 6R Dimmer, many features you can enable/install ...

Fortunately, everything is written in this thread, and I never tried to convince you of anything (because I didn't want to get involved in this electrical installation), I only answered the questions you asked, so for my part there is no a before and an after (etc,etc????) as an attempt to fool you ... please say things with a minimum of consistency.

1- I am not a professional in this sector, just a user of a forum.

2- The electrical installation of the BCM Max in your Fabia VRS was a favor, and it was the only thing that I have sold you. Everything has worked perfectly viewtopic.php?f=41&t=73355&start=105#p560539

3- I have always tried to help you (free) with the expansion of the equipment that you have thought of installing in your Fabia. This does not mean that I approve these installations, I simply tried the best for you.

4- I am not a software developer, talk to Skoda or VW for your J745 unit, I am not to blame for you wanting to install 'something' in your car and then not working due to incompatibility.
The AFS units in the 6R work perfectly, this J745 unit for Fabia works with a different protocol, the question is, how many users of forums around the world knew this? .. one? ... 1/2?

5- You know perfectly well that you have not paid for all the technical assistance received, I even responded to your emails when I tried to enjoy my vacation. It didn't bother me, but anyone takes vacations to try not to do what they usually do.

A little advice, install the Light Assist, you will see how well it works, you will see the road incredibly better than with cornering lights.

Thank you very much by this friendly farewell.

Bye, and Good luck!
VASILEIOS1972
Bronze Member

Post by VASILEIOS1972 »

ciclo wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:40 pm OMFG ... the world is full of ungrateful people.

Autolights, CH, LH, 6R Dimmer, many features you can enable/install ...

Fortunately, everything is written in this thread, and I never tried to convince you of anything (because I didn't want to get involved in this electrical installation), I only answered the questions you asked, so for my part there is no a before and an after (etc,etc????) as an attempt to fool you ... please say things with a minimum of consistency.

1- I am not a professional in this sector, just a user of a forum.

2- The electrical installation of the BCM Max in your Fabia VRS was a favor, and it was the only thing that I have sold you. Everything has worked perfectly viewtopic.php?f=41&t=73355&start=105#p560539

3- I have always tried to help you (free) with the expansion of the equipment that you have thought of installing in your Fabia. This does not mean that I approve these installations, I simply tried the best for you.

4- I am not a software developer, talk to Skoda or VW for your J745 unit, I am not to blame for you wanting to install 'something' in your car and then not working due to incompatibility.
The AFS units in the 6R work perfectly, this J745 unit for Fabia works with a different protocol, the question is, how many users of forums around the world knew this? .. one? ... 1/2?

5- You know perfectly well that you have not paid for all the technical assistance received, I even responded to your emails when I tried to enjoy my vacation. It didn't bother me, but anyone takes vacations to try not to do what they usually do.

A little advice, install the Light Assist, you will see how well it works, you will see the road incredibly better than with cornering lights.

Thank you very much by this friendly farewell.

Bye, and Good luck!
My friend I'm not ungrateful and you know it,

I just felt very unhappy with the whole project.

I don't ask you for anything and no responsibility and for that you don't have to be cruel .

The only thing I wanted was a successful end to the whole project .

I have repeatedly shown with my behavior that I am grateful to you.

You don't know me, and you can't judge a human by a computer keyboard.

Thank you for everything

Kind regards
Vasilis
VASILEIOS1972
Bronze Member

Post by VASILEIOS1972 »

The AFS units in the 6R work perfectly, this J745 unit for Fabia works with a different protocol, the question is, how many users of forums around the world knew this?
[/quote]

My friend you gave me a great idea and her name is 6R0907357 J431
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Don't do it, it's a terrible idea.

J745 SK Fabia II = for MANUAL Headlights Range Regulation and dynamic cornering lgihts.
vs
J431 VW Polo 6R = only for AUTOMATIC Headlights Range Regulation.

They are 100% incompatible.

---
In theory your J745 should work correctly.....
VASILEIOS1972
Bronze Member

Post by VASILEIOS1972 »

ciclo wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:14 am Don't do it, it's a terrible idea.

J745 SK Fabia II = for MANUAL Headlights Range Regulation and dynamic cornering lgihts.
vs
J431 VW Polo 6R = only for AUTOMATIC Headlights Range Regulation.

They are 100% incompatible.

---
In theory your J745 should work correctly.....
Thank you very much for the guidance.

Best regards

Vasileios
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

It may be necessary to make the G85 basic setting in the ABS unit.

In the last autoscan, Address 19, it says that it detects the fault in the J431 unit when it should be J745.
Disable 55 in GW inst List, clear all DTCs, and enable it again.
VASILEIOS1972
Bronze Member

Post by VASILEIOS1972 »

Thank you Fernando , I will make the test tomorrow evening and I will report.
Best regards
Vasilis
VASILEIOS1972
Bronze Member

Post by VASILEIOS1972 »

Good evening Fernando
I did exactly what you told me, but J431 insists to appear in auto scan.
Max bcm can not cooperate with old afs module J745 .
If you can, answer me please in my private message that I have send to you.
Best regards
Vasilis
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

VASILEIOS1972 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:09 pm
If you can, answer me please in my private message that I have send to you.
Wait, don't give up so fast with the J745 unit (the real DIY enthusiasts never give up).
I think your J745 unit should work correctly, maybe I could be wrong, but we are going to do some checks before you put the whole set of dynamic cornering lights on sale.

---
Let's go with it : (reference Autoscan ..... J745 unit installed but not works)

1- I have searched online info for Autoscans Skoda Fabia II (is what you should have done).

In the autoscans found, I observe that in the IC coding the HEX value for Byte0 is 11 in most SK Fabia II.
(examples: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread ... 2012/page8 , https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread ... oding-Lost , http://vagcars.dk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=143079 , http://forum.skodaclub.pl/forum-skoda-r ... ml#p190772 -55-, http://www.areavag.com/foro/showthread. ... post246014 -55-),
in yours it is 12.

I wonder what would happen if you change value 12 to 11. :?: (select Seat Ibiza (6J) etc)

ref image

2- I asked you for photos of the T18 connector (J745), but you didn't publish them, then I thought ... I don't ask for the photos again ... if you don't bother to take them, why would I bother to ask you for the photos again. After all, I already did my job correctly and this retrofitting does not apply to me ... I did not sell you any of this retrofitting.

Please take two sharp pictures on both sides of the T18 connector with the cap removed, the most important thing is that the colors of the wires are clearly visible.

I will give you clear indications drawn on those images of what you should do with the multimeter...
VASILEIOS1972
Bronze Member

Post by VASILEIOS1972 »

Good morning my friend Fernando
Thank you for the help
1) I will try it this evening and I will report it
2) I took a few photos, see please if you can understand something from them, if you don't I will try this evening for better photos
Best regards
Vasilis
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Good morning,