My new 2013 blue silk Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

My new 2013 blue silk Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

So I bought this 5 weeks ago. It is a 3-door model with multi-function steering wheel, full climatronic, auto-dimming rear view mirror and rain sensor. It was pretty low mileage at 40k miles, but did have some things that needed sorting out such as the wheels had scuffs on them, the front seats were a bit stained/dirty, the front bumpers had some scratches, there was a car-park ding and most annoyingly it seems the previous owners had never had any floor mats as the heel pad was half off and there was a hole worn through just behind the heel pad! :(
IMG_1459.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1471.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG
When I picked it up, I had already bought some new VW rubber floor mats and I managed to find a nearby breakers to where the car was that had some Polo 6R's and I went straight there after taxing it and paid them for a carpet and to swap them over
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG
On the way back, I did a slight detour to pick up a 2nd hand set of Montani wheels to get refurbished rather than having the hassle of what to stick on the car if I got those refurbished!
Last edited by Aquavalver on Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Re: My new 2013 blue silk Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

First weekend after I got it I wet vacuumed the material on the front seats, cleaned the alcantara with a special foam for alcantara and cleaned all the leatherette.
Before:
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1586.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG
And after:
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

That’s a massive improvement on the seats 👍.

Even though you’ve covered up the worn carpet in the driver’s footwell, with my car OCD it would really bug me, knowing it’s in a bit of a sorry state. I’d be checking out the local car breakers to see if the had a better carpet that I could replace the worm one with. Don’t know how big a job it would be to replace (assume the front seats may need to come out?), but IMO it’d be worth it 🙂.
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:34 pm That’s a massive improvement on the seats 👍.

Even though you’ve covered up the worn carpet in the driver’s footwell, with my car OCD it would really bug me, knowing it’s in a bit of a sorry state. I’d be checking out the local car breakers to see if the had a better carpet that I could replace the worm one with. Don’t know how big a job it would be to replace (assume the front seats may need to come out?), but IMO it’d be worth it 🙂.
The mats didn't cover the hole up, if you read my text you'll see that changing the carpet was first thing I did after getting it taxed! :) I have the OCD like you, so couldn't bear to have a big hole in the carpet lol! I only fitted the rubber mats after having the carpet changed!
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

These are the set of Montani wheels that I picked up on the detour on the way home. Not bad for £97! One had a repair in the barrel which although was ok, I didn't like how it looked, so ended up paying another £70 odd for another separate one!
IMG_1809.JPG
IMG_1834.JPG
IMG_1835.JPG
IMG_1842.JPG
Mikeso51
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT. Also Audi A3 1.4tfsi.

Post by Mikeso51 »

Yes, your seats cleaned up really well. Good job.
Out of interest, which cleaning products did you use?
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

Mikeso51 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:55 am Yes, your seats cleaned up really well. Good job.
Out of interest, which cleaning products did you use?
A wet vacuum cleaner (that sprays cleaning fluid and extracts the dirty fluid-some only extract and don't spray cleaning fluid) on the material, for the alcantara panels -Sonax alcantara foam cleaner, a soft brush and microfibre cloth and a leather cleaner & microfibre on the leatherette-I actually did the leatherette while the guy was swapping the carpets over!
Mikeso51
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT. Also Audi A3 1.4tfsi.

Post by Mikeso51 »

Thanks Aquavalver. I have a minor stain on my driver’s seat, so I try out the Sonax foam.
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

Some photos back when on one of the last sunny days that we had nearly a month ago!
IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2182.JPG
IMG_2186.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG
IMG_2192.JPG
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

Picked the wheels up from refurbishing:
IMG_2450.JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
IMG_2452.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2454.JPG
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Hi Aquavalver.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=69223&start=90#p562234

We will continue to improve your BlueGT. :wink:

As you well know and as indicated in the previous link I no longer manufacture wiring for 6R automatic lights, but in your case I will make an exception because it is a Wiring model A and for other reasons I prefer not to comment.🇬🇧🧡

It will be an exceptional wiring. Relay holders/adapters/supports will be large with large relays (VW 645) instead of small relays (VW 646). Indestructible and 100% OEM to perfectly fit in your BlueGT (relay carrier).
This is because I no longer have the small relay holders for your BlueGT.

The conditions of sale and price will be the same as those indicated in the wiring sales link.
Monday will be ready to ship.
Do you agree?
I await your quick reply. Thank you.

Please post a VCDS autoscan of your BlueGT here (asap), an essential condition for me to manufacture your excepcional wiring.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

O M ... I just discovered that I am missing one of the connectors to finish wiring ... I will have to order at my VW dealer, so the wiring will take a little longer.
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

ciclo wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:14 am Hi Aquavalver.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=69223&start=90#p562234

We will continue to improve your BlueGT. :wink:

As you well know and as indicated in the previous link I no longer manufacture wiring for 6R automatic lights, but in your case I will make an exception because it is a Wiring model A and for other reasons I prefer not to comment.🇬🇧🧡

It will be an exceptional wiring. Relay holders/adapters/supports will be large with large relays (VW 645) instead of small relays (VW 646). Indestructible and 100% OEM to perfectly fit in your BlueGT (relay carrier).
This is because I no longer have the small relay holders for your BlueGT.

The conditions of sale and price will be the same as those indicated in the wiring sales link.
Monday will be ready to ship.
Do you agree?
I await your quick reply. Thank you.

Please post a VCDS autoscan of your BlueGT here (asap), an essential condition for me to manufacture your excepcional wiring.
Thank you very much! I've just been away for the weekend! Main problem I have is trying to find someone local that could do a VCDS autoscan for me!
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

ciclo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:06 pm O M ... I just discovered that I am missing one of the connectors to finish wiring ... I will have to order at my VW dealer, so the wiring will take a little longer.
No problem!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ok! It will all depend on the time it takes for my VW dealer to supply the connector. I will contact you by PM and email when the wiring is ready to send to give you all information about the payment and shipping processes.

As for the Autoscan there is no hurry, you can send it to me when we are in contact by email. I hope the shipment can be done this week.