2019 lead times

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Teia2mcguigan
New
Drives: Polo SE

Re: 2019 lead times

Post by Teia2mcguigan »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:51 pm The thing is being the 2nd week you'll have a 69 plate, though it's a 2020 motor, so it's a new number till March then the 2020 plate comes out.
Is that right? My dealer told me it should be a 2020 plate, my own plate will be put on anyway but now I’m curious?

I’m not collecting the car until the first week in March..
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Teia2mcguigan wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am
silverhairs wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:51 pm The thing is being the 2nd week you'll have a 69 plate, though it's a 2020 motor, so it's a new number till March then the 2020 plate comes out.
Is that right? My dealer told me it should be a 2020 plate, my own plate will be put on anyway but now I’m curious?

I’m not collecting the car until the first week in March..
Your on the downward slope, only 4 months to go.
afiedler
New
Drives: Polo Match

Post by afiedler »

Boxerboy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:34 pm No App update. No call from dealer.

So I call dealer this afternoon, but My Man is busy. He’ll call back says receptionist. He doesn’t.

So I leave my question with the receptionist - “Was our car built in Week 43 as planned?”

Hey Presto - within 2 hours I get a system eMail and an App update straight from Stage 3 to 5 without stopping at 4.

The car has left the factory.

So Xmas may come early for the lucky lady.
I received an update 5 weeks ago to say my car has now left the factory and is on it's way to the UK. Ordered the car back in the first week of May.

Does anyone have any idea of how long it usually takes to get to the UK?

When I originally ordered the car, I was told it was only a 20 week wait :(
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

6 to 8 weeks from factory to UK handover is what I read / heard.
Blackpug
New
Drives: Car

2019 lead times

Post by Blackpug »

When I got mine in May, the dealer had 2 in stock but the there was plenty in UK to choose from. VW lead times in general are terrible. Wife ordered Mini and got it in 3 weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Bluecat wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:05 pm If it did drop in Southampton today, I don’t know how they’d then get it to Yorkshire. Could be another boat I guess yet to get it up to Grimsby or something. Either way, patience is not something I’m blessed with heavily.
It won't have been unloaded at Southampton. All vehicles from Port Elizabeth are offloaded at Emden (Port of Exit) where they and then onward shipped to either Port of Tyne, Grimsby or Sheerness.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Bluecat wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:05 pm If it did drop in Southampton today, I don’t know how they’d then get it to Yorkshire. Could be another boat I guess yet to get it up to Grimsby or something. Either way, patience is not something I’m blessed with heavily.
It won't have been unloaded at Southampton. All vehicles from Port Elizabeth are offloaded at Emden (Port of Exit) where they and then onward shipped to either Port of Tyne, Grimsby or Sheerness.
Polo monster
New
Drives: R Line DSG 115

Post by Polo monster »

All seems like an awful lot of effort tracking ships when not really sure what ship the car is on? It won’t make it turn up any quicker!! :D
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

Bluecat wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:46 pm No, I know but it's unfortunately how my head works. It's a right pain in the neck at the moment though as I haven't got a car because I totally underestimated how long it would take and my lease was up.
At least we still have my wife's Octavia. Again, the lease was up in October and the final payment meant the car was hers.

Yesterday I wore out a couple of fingers removing number plate sticky pads as I removed the private plate and stuck on new 66 plates from our local shop.
All very easy on DVLA BTW.

Now I have to be clever trying to guess the arrival date of the Polo and planning to sell the Octavia. Maybe the dealer will take it off my hands :lol:
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

Bluecat wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:48 pm I’m sure the dealer will be more than happy to take it off you. Dread to think how far under the value of the car they’ll want to offer you though. Out of interest, I think you had a build wk43 which is one week after mine. Have you seen any sign of a 5b yet?

On another note, by some coincidence I got a 5b this morning which means if I understand correctly that it has been sat at 5a in a yard in SA somewhere for a full month. So it’s looking like January now I guess if it’s gonna be another month at 5b.
Way back in August a Skoda dealer suggested the car would be worth a fair bit more than the GFV that I have now paid. Its Loaded. Low Miles. Mint condition.

"Desirable" was the word I think he used - i.e. easy to mark up and sell on the forecourt for someone who doesn't want to wait.

My APP only reads 5. Not 5A, 5B or 5C. Just In Transit. A 6 will be in UK.
And based on previous experience it will be in the UK long before the APP updates. Or the dealer calls me.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

Bluecat wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:15 pm Ah ha! read all the previous posts about 5b meaning it should be in Emden, and finally found a likely ship. So feeling a lot more positive now. All eyes on the Weser Highway and fingers crossed for a quick 5c soon.

So, a basic question now that I appreciate may be another thread, but is there any real value in asking a dealer to hold off registration till the turn of the new year so it becomes a 2020 69 plate? Does it really make any difference to the future value of the car 4-7 years down the line? Obviously I appreciate that taxing the car half way through a month etc etc, but I don't know about the reg year.
Only you can decide what is important to you.

For a lease car, it's become almost irrelevant at this stage of the game. A monthly price has been agreed so it doesn't matter when the car is registered
It's all done and dusted.

I needed the new car in October so will be happy to take it any time. Looks like it will really come down the chimney from Santa now

With a private plate, the use of 19, 69, 20 or any other routine plate is irrelevant too.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

Bluecat wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:44 pm You should do ok on a trade in then by the sounds of it. Sounds like it will be a sought after motor.

x
x
x

So what date did you get the 'In Transit' if you don't mind me asking?
1. We Buy Any Old Junk dot com just came up with a very good figure. That gives me a marker for getting shot of the outgoing Octavia.

2. With a Build Week 43 - after prompting the dealer, my update from 3 to 5 (In Transit) happened on 6 November. I hope the car has enjoyed a 2 week cruise already.
john896
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by john896 »

Boxerboy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:04 pm
Bluecat wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:44 pm You should do ok on a trade in then by the sounds of it. Sounds like it will be a sought after motor.

x
x
x

So what date did you get the 'In Transit' if you don't mind me asking?
1. We Buy Any Old Junk dot com just came up with a very good figure. That gives me a marker for getting shot of the outgoing Octavia.

2. With a Build Week 43 - after prompting the dealer, my update from 3 to 5 (In Transit) happened on 6 November. I hope the car has enjoyed a 2 week cruise already.
So firstly if you have not entered your mobile number in the tracker you will not see any changes through step 5. You may get emails stating your order status has been updated but that’s it with no explanation. Mine seemed to take about a week for each step for 5a, 5b and 5c. It took about a month to process through to step 7 from step 5a. I would imagine that you will have about 2-3 weeks left.

Bluecat - you may find your dealer wants the car gone before the end of the month to make their monthly target and could get a bit pushy with it too especially if it’s going to arrive at the beginning of December which it sounds like it will. Dealers will normally give the part month of tax so you would get say 12.5months tax rather than 11.5months. The value of a 2020 v 2019 69 plate is going to be marginal and probably not worth waiting around for.
john896
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by john896 »

Bluecat wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:57 pm Hi all,

Things have moved on a bit now. I got the 5c on Sunday and 6-in UK this morning so definitely getting there now. I’ve pretty much come round to not waiting to register it and appreciate the dealer will be looking to meet their 2019 targets. I imagine it’ll be with them now sometime next week so I’m optimistically hoping for pickup within a couple of weeks. Dealer has already said they only need 2-3 days to turn it around so its all down to the transport from Grimsby to them.
I would imagine that 2 weeks will be more than enough to have it delivered to the dealer and ready to collect now your on step 6.

The date of collection will make very little difference to the value of the car and don't forget if you do trade in your octavia that will also be older for trading in or selling so it would offset what difference the value would be for the polo.
Polo monster
New
Drives: R Line DSG 115

Post by Polo monster »

Bluecat wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:57 pm Hi all,

Things have moved on a bit now. I got the 5c on Sunday and 6-in UK this morning so definitely getting there now. I’ve pretty much come round to not waiting to register it and appreciate the dealer will be looking to meet their 2019 targets. I imagine it’ll be with them now sometime next week so I’m optimistically hoping for pickup within a couple of weeks. Dealer has already said they only need 2-3 days to turn it around so its all down to the transport from Grimsby to them.
The wait is nearly over!
Just don’t let any of that excitement blinker you on pick up day.
Don’t be rushed and check every aspect of that new car.
I had a total horror of a new Polo Gti (a dealer stock car, so not a specific build) which ended my ownership with it after 2hrs and 40 minutes. I was just unlucky and think was probably an exception but glad I found the problems on pick up day and refused any repair.
I hope it all goes smoothly for you and meets all your expectations!! Enjoy it, at your own pace!