2019 lead times

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
GTI Polo Fin
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2019

Re: 2019 lead times

Post by GTI Polo Fin »

My car was done on 22th... January,hopefully :D
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

The wife's car was ordered 2 weeks ago, now at stage 2. Digging in for a 6 month wait. Plenty of time to think of mods to do to it. :D

MJ
afiedler
New
Drives: Polo Match

Post by afiedler »

I received 5a status on the 10th October for my R-Line Polo, then didn’t get my 5b until 17th November :( :(

My car is still sat waiting at the Docks in Emden, I’ve spoken to my dealer and they said they have no idea why it’s taking so long, and I should have had my car weeks ago :cry:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Bluecat wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 am
Polo monster wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:54 pm
The wait is nearly over!
Just don’t let any of that excitement blinker you on pick up day.
Don’t be rushed and check every aspect of that new car.
I had a total horror of a new Polo Gti (a dealer stock car, so not a specific build) which ended my ownership with it after 2hrs and 40 minutes. I was just unlucky and think was probably an exception but glad I found the problems on pick up day and refused any repair.
I hope it all goes smoothly for you and meets all your expectations!! Enjoy it, at your own pace!
Wow, that sounds like a complete nightmare and you've put the fear in me now. What was it that was so wrong that it was just impossible to continue?

Mine is now at the dealer. Fair play to them, they have pulled out all the stops and they didn't have to. So I'm picking up on Monday afternoon all being well. I'm curious now though what sort of things I should really be looking to check on the day. Perhaps naive, but I kinda thought that a main dealer wouldn't hand over a brand new car in a condition anything other than perfect as the comeback would be squarely on them.
Of the four brand new VW’s I’ve owned, none were in perfect condition when I went to collect them. Faults were bodywork-related. I’ve had incorrect bumper inserts fitted in the rear bumper (they should’ve been pearlescent black to match the rest of the car but were painted solid black), scratches, misaligned panels, dirt under the lacquer clear coat. These faults weren’t all on one car, but each car had some of these.

Back in the 1980’s I’ve had new Fords that were in a shocking condition when I went to collect them - cuts in the upholstered door card panels, interior trim panels not fitted properly, auxiliary front driving lights fitted incorrectly, body side rubbing strips becoming detached from the car, heating and ventilation system not working, horn not working, dent in the drivers side sill. With one car, I made a list of 12 faults, and the salesman looked suitably embarrassed when I presented the list to him!

I’d recommend you don’t assume it’ll be perfect. Ask for some time alone with the car to inspect it thoroughly for damage, especially the bodywork and interior trim - panel gaps should be narrow and consistently sized, colour and finish of the paint work should be the same on all panels, no dents, dings or scratches, no damage to wheels from the transit lashing straps used on transporter lorries, no scratches on interior trim panels or cuts/tears in upholstery.

if you discover any electrical or mechanical faults after you’ve taken delivery, they can be rectified at a later date. However, it might be more difficult to get the dealer to rectify any bodywork damage such ad a scratch or ding if any are present when the car is handed over to you if you don’t discover it until after you’ve left the dealership. The dealer may well say it happened after you’d taken delivery.

Good luck, I hope everything goes well and your car is in perfect condition when you collect it.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

Bluecat wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 am
Polo monster wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:54 pm
The wait is nearly over!
Just don’t let any of that excitement blinker you on pick up day.
Don’t be rushed and check every aspect of that new car.
I had a total horror of a new Polo Gti (a dealer stock car, so not a specific build) which ended my ownership with it after 2hrs and 40 minutes. I was just unlucky and think was probably an exception but glad I found the problems on pick up day and refused any repair.
I hope it all goes smoothly for you and meets all your expectations!! Enjoy it, at your own pace!
Wow, that sounds like a complete nightmare and you've put the fear in me now. What was it that was so wrong that it was just impossible to continue?

Mine is now at the dealer. Fair play to them, they have pulled out all the stops and they didn't have to. So I'm picking up on Monday afternoon all being well. I'm curious now though what sort of things I should really be looking to check on the day. Perhaps naive, but I kinda thought that a main dealer wouldn't hand over a brand new car in a condition anything other than perfect as the comeback would be squarely on them.
I once drove a new Volvo home and found the cruise control didn’t work. PDI doesn’t check that.
Turned out to be a relay, but needed a trip to the dealer.

My current car arrived without the LH and RH heater control working.
Neither did the hot wheel control appear on the dash.
Another return to dealer hassle.

As above, as well as a thorough visual inspection, you must check that ALL the standard functions work along with any particular added extras before you leave the premises.

The dealer will simply want to get your phone apps connected. That’s the least of my concerns. But I’m a Luddite.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

Woken by a VW text message ping - Polo now at stage 5b

Still enjoying a cruise ship I guess.

Have asked dealer to try and pin down delivery date as I’m committed to let the outgoing Octavia go to its new home on 19th.
Falconmick
New
Drives: 2019 SE

Post by Falconmick »

I wouldn’t take a lot of notice of the order tracker, it showed my new Golf was in transit 2 weeks after I had taken delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

Yesterday morning I got a text saying 5b - in transit shipping

This morning I got another text saying 5c - in transit near UK
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

And today’s text reads Stage 6. In UK.

This car is really flying now :D
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

VW are just playing with us now.

This morning another text arrived, but it is a carbon copy of last Friday's text.

Your Polo has progressed to stage 6 of 7.

So it must really, really be in the UK :roll:
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

OK. Code 7 this morning. Surely being polished at the dealer now :D

And - the V778 arrived back from DVLA in the nick of time.
GTI Polo Fin
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2019

Post by GTI Polo Fin »

Boxerboy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:02 pm And today’s text reads Stage 6. In UK.

When was the car produced?
Mine was produced on November 22nd... Now I try to calculate when I’m going to get my ride.
(I live in Finland and the local VW dealer doesn’t offer way to track my car anyway)
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

GTI Polo Fin wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:49 pm
Boxerboy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:02 pm And today’s text reads Stage 6. In UK.

When was the car produced?
Mine was produced on November 22nd... Now I try to calculate when I’m going to get my ride.
(I live in Finland and the local VW dealer doesn’t offer way to track my car anyway)
Was built in Week 43 (21-27 October) and seems to be at dealer now Week 50.

Will deal with some paperwork and number plates in the next couple of days and hope to collect next Tuesday.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member

Post by Boxerboy »

Code 7 really does mean “at dealer”.

Got to sit in it today. Handover planned for Thursday.

Screen stamp reads 24 October, build week 43 as planned.

There was a white one being handed over to a happy owner. Plus another white one in the showroom.
I don’t think my Man had seen a blue one before either.

(Shucks - picture attachments not playing ball for some reason - but catching up as system has changed)
10FA297F-A51C-40A6-B31F-D1DE482542E0.jpeg
BA444184-58FF-490F-A1C4-9F33CC96D1F9.jpeg
CB0B151B-112C-43AD-A07B-952070655877.jpeg
Last edited by Boxerboy on Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

I ordered on 11th October and I now have my build week confirmed as 20th January, what do you think the chances are of getting it for March 1st, slim or none :lol: