Cleaning Products

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Re: Cleaning Products

Post by MilgeS »

S_94 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:47 pm Quick question regarding drying towels / cleaning mitts / microfibre clothes.

For a brand new product do you guys was them before you use them? If yes how do you wash them?

After use is it okay to wash them wish something like Fairy Non Bio or just a cold wash?

Cheers :)
https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/nanolex-microfiber-wash
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Hi guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Does anyone have any product recommendations for cleaning the inside and outside of the windscreen? The inside is looking dirty even though I've never touched it.

Want to try and give the outside windscreen a good clean as the windscreen wipers still sound a bit squeaky. I'm not sure if the noise (squeak) is the actual motor/arm of the windscreen wiper or the screen as when the car is warmed up it's silent. Not sure if the noise is:
  • Dirty Windscreen
  • Actual Wiper Blades (don't think so as they're new and recommended by many on here)
  • Windscreen wiper motor (WD-40 perhaps)?
Falconmick
New
Drives: 2019 SE

Post by Falconmick »

I’ve tried many different products and find for the outside Audi glass polish (Ebay) is good and use Autoglym Fast Glass internally.
Also try cleaning wiper blades with meths or neat screen wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Autoglym fast glass or Simoniz anti glare glass cleaner is my tipple of choice. Just stay away from Car Plan screen clean - that stuff just smeared my windows.

If it’s mega dirty I sometimes follow it up with autoglym glass polish.