Never happened before?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Never happened before?

Post by silverhairs »

Went out today to pick up some rugs, before I went in the shop I opened the boot pushed down both rear seats, when I came out put the rugs in the boot and closed it. Looked at my side windows and all four had dropped about 2". Don't remember touching anything different to cause them opening the 2".
Got in the car pulled the 4 toggles on the drivers door and all 4 went up no bother. Came home emptied the car, locked it up and all was fine.

What made all four windows drop??
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Never happened before?

Post by lancslad1985 »

Have you got convenience opening on? Maybe you’d accidentally caught the unlock key for a second or two so it opened then fractionally.
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

Yeah it sounds as if you've accidentally operated the global opening/closing (briefly), it's easily done, especially if you put your keys in something like a quite tight pocket, or have your keys in a pocket with other items.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

POLO Clive wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:55 pm Yeah it sounds as if you've accidentally operated the global opening/closing (briefly), it's easily done, especially if you put your keys in something like a quite tight pocket, or have your keys in a pocket with other items.
Clive is correct. I once went outside at 5am to go to work and found all my windows down. Luckily it hadn’t rained :lol:
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Many thanks for your replies, Now I've got to work out if I've got the "convenience opening" on? :roll:
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

Speaking of convenience opening.

On the may out of the super market today I passed an X5 in the middle of the parking lot, with its tailgate open. I looked around, then pressed the close button and went on my way 8)

I now hate myself for doing a good deed to a BMW driver.. but oh well.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

phillos wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:34 pm Speaking of convenience opening.

On the may out of the super market today I passed an X5 in the middle of the parking lot, with its tailgate open. I looked around, then pressed the close button and went on my way 8)

I now hate myself for doing a good deed to a BMW driver.. but oh well.
don't worry they will do the same for us ... probably with steel bar or something like that :D (ex bmw driver speaking)