Electrical Fault

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
aled2305
New
Drives: Polo R6 1.4 R Line

Electrical Fault

Post by aled2305 »

Hi all :D

I've recently starting have issues with the electrics in my car. They seem to reset and show an error. The first time the error was wiper related, now it seems to show start - stop.

My girlfriend was driving the car last night and within an hour and a half trip it happened 3 times. The last time the cruise control and indicators stopped working.
Once again today, during a 4 hour drive it happened 3 times again. Indicators stopped working on the third time.

Restarting the car seems to fix the issue temporarily.

I've uploaded a video I took today.

I would really appreciate it, if anyone on here has any ideas.

Thanks
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Electrical Fault

Post by iichel »

If she keeps breaking stuff, I'd recommend a new girlfriend.

Jokes aside, hard to say. Better get it to a mechanic or someone with a diagnostic tool to scan the car for errors.
aled2305
New

Post by aled2305 »

Tell me about it :roll:

I’ve just had a VCDS plugged in. One of the codes showing was 25113 databus if that helps at all.
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

iichel wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:02 pm If she keeps breaking stuff, I'd recommend a new girlfriend.
iichel, you have guts man!!!
if not wrong than more than 77kw ;)
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

aled2305 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:21 pm Tell me about it :roll:

I’ve just had a VCDS plugged in. One of the codes showing was 25113 databus if that helps at all.
Do you have a more detailed description of the error? That would be helpful. Are there any more errors?
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

since the system you mentioned are all within the stalk mechanism, i would first assume something wrong with the stalk. i think its common problem as the stalk mechanism, switching and touching plates do get oxidised and caused the error. Lots of youtube videos shows how to repair that i believe.

As for the start stop system, that probably be the secondary issue. such system always will be switch off when there’s the first issue.
aled2305
New

Post by aled2305 »

iichel wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 am Do you have a more detailed description of the error? That would be helpful. Are there any more errors?
Here is the entire output from the system. I did try posting, but the forum blocked it as spam.

https://pastebin.com/N1AR9G3f
benzinkopf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:52 pm since the system you mentioned are all within the stalk mechanism, i would first assume something wrong with the stalk. i think its common problem as the stalk mechanism, switching and touching plates do get oxidised and caused the error. Lots of youtube videos shows how to repair that i believe.

As for the start stop system, that probably be the secondary issue. such system always will be switch off when there’s the first issue.
If it help at all, after the third time, the errors on the dash are;

Wiper Error
Start - Stop
Bonnet Open
Left Dipped Head Light
Coolant Temperature

I then loose most control, e.g No indicators, hazards, headlight dial does nothing, no reversing camera, no full beam, no internal lights when doors are opened.

This is then all fixed temporarily with restarting the car.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

The problem could be something similar to what happens in the following video: (see from 9'45")

aled2305
New

Post by aled2305 »

ciclo wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:53 am The problem could be something similar to what happens in the following video: (see from 9'45")

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll starting pulling this apart next and see if there is an issue with it.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Please, if you do this work, do it with exquisite precision, even if you are experienced in these jobs.

Once the battery is disconnected, keep in mind to release the car body from static currents, touch with one hand a metal part of the chassis and the ground with the other hand and place the light switch in dipped beam position before disconnecting the airbag.
Do not leave the airbag inside the car, do not leave the airbag with the VW logo facing down. Leave the airbag on top of a cloth (or similar) away from any active electrical component.
Before reconnecting the battery once the airbag is installed, insert the keys into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the first position, now connect the battery with no one inside the car.

It is just a tip/recommendation. :|
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

ciclo wrote:and place the light switch in dipped beam position before disconnecting the airbag.
What is the reason for that step @ciclo?
I mean what is the logic behind this advice

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Release the entire electrical system from any residual electricity.
The consumption generated by the headlamps and taillights takes care of this by turning the light switch to the low beam position.
Lewlew
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Lewlew »

Hello what did you do to fix this fault currently experiencing it