What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by Dazeredo »

If you see me give me a sign, I think that a blue polo with full led and my rims is unique in this zone ;)
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Pulled out of my street yesterday and crossed paths with an identical red gti+, proceeded to head towards the nearest motorway not very far away and found myself next to a black gti+ at the roundabout to the motorway.
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

peeceeuk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:40 am Pulled out of my street yesterday and crossed paths with an identical red gti+, proceeded to head towards the nearest motorway not very far away and found myself next to a black gti+ at the roundabout to the motorway.
Who would have thought they were so common eh :D
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

POLO Clive wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:07 pm Who would have thought they were so common eh :D
Sorry, I meant popular 8) :lol:
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

Can't be many areas where you'd get 3 GTis within a 1 mile radius.
Have you seen many of them about?
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

peeceeuk wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:12 am Can't be many areas where you'd get 3 GTis within a 1 mile radius.
I haven't seen any myself, but I don't see many of any Polo out here in the wilds of North Yorkshire :wink:
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I live in a village just outside Grimsby. In our street there are two GTI's and another two in the village.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

POLO Clive wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 am
peeceeuk wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:12 am Can't be many areas where you'd get 3 GTis within a 1 mile radius.
I haven't seen any myself, but I don't see many of any Polo out here in the wilds of North Yorkshire :wink:
I’ve only seen two; a red ‘non plus’ model that I’ve seen twice and a white GTI+ yesterday.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

silverhairs wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:52 am I live in a village just outside Grimsby. In our street there are two GTI's and another two in the village.
Other than these local ones, I've seen one other gti in blue on the road.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

I've seen one White GTI+ with Parker wheels in Bristol. Have seen a red one around Llanelli as well.

Bristol seems to be a hub for Golf GTI/GTD/R's, seen loads. Drove past a grey Golf GTI TCR the other day, stunning car.
brynteg73
New
Drives: Polo Gti+

Post by brynteg73 »

I've not seen another Polo Gti owner yet on my travels around west wales... Also have not washed my Gti for about a month due to what seems like non stop rain every day...
Joe VW
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Joe VW »

My Polo GTI is history...

Got the car back some time just before Christmas, with about £400 of servicing as compensation, with the dealership saying they had found the source of the problem (a faulty sensor that was trapped in some panelling, causing it to give an incorrect read which was failing to allow the exhaust to get up to temperature). Sure enough the car ran absolutely fine for about two weeks. Day after boxing day we went up to York (about 100 miles) and the car again ran beautifully. Spent a couple of nights without using the car, came to leave on 29th December and I could tell almost from the first 500 yards I drove that something wasn't right.

The car was juddering on holding revs and holding the gears slightly longer than usual. Did about 15 miles on the motorway, noticed the MPG was showing as about 15 and then all hell breaks loose! Got 4 dashboard warning lights (Particle filter, EPC, Yellow Triangle and another engine warning), car sounds incredibly dull and then it decides it won't excelerate beyond about 1mph per second with my foot flat to the floor. Limped home after stopping for fuel after using half a tank in 60 miles.

Sent for VW assist to pick it up the next day and drop it at my dealers where it has remained ever since. Was shown the computer readings by the AA man with a misfire on all 4 cylinders, and about 30 other errors detected. After a week or so of phone calls and a trip to the dealer I am currently in a 1.0l SE courtesy car. Was originally offered a like for like replacement, which I accepted but as there are none out there in dealership land that meet my spec. I have been offered my deposit back.

Unsure what to do now as I really enjoyed driving the Polo GTI and still think it's the best car for me and would hope the dealership would be able to help me out whilst I waited for delivery of a new factory order, or I'm potentially going to have to have a look at what else is out there.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

Fitted winter wheels with Conti 860 tyres.

Nearing 700 miles as the car only arrived just before Xmas, but in case another “Beast From The East” shows up I want to be ready.

Not surprised to find corrosion on the centre of the hub already. Anyone who’s wrestled alloy wheels off the hub after it gets corroded on after a few more miles will know how important it is to keep the centre bore cleaned and greased.
D43C4401-4090-4356-9BDE-0AD23AFD7736.jpeg
D9483700-F6E7-4AEF-A5EC-6F6DEE30ECCE.jpeg
6051F5CC-FA36-47E4-B772-A736FCF4DE37.jpeg
5FA557FB-DBC0-406A-A404-3237D9C335B5.jpeg
25B3D835-8BF2-4D5C-B17E-D0E24596EAE5.jpeg
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

Yep, use high temp grease on the hubs on the wifes A1, and will do the same on the GTi when it arrives. Shocking how quickly yours have started to corrode, but at least you've caught it. MJ
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

Gave mine a long overdue wash today but found what appears to be a stone chip on the roof.
Ggrrr.