Polo trendline 1.4 Auto leak

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
talisker
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 trendline 2013

Polo trendline 1.4 Auto leak

Post by talisker »

Hi I have a transmission leak as pictured I have been quoted over 300 pounds to fix this but am wondering if its straightforward to fix myself. As am fairly mechanical and done lots of work on all sorts of cars just nothing front wheel drive with this fancy dsg thing. leaks highlighted seem to be from this DSG thingey (could be wrong as am not all familir with this transmission) does anyone know where I can get a repair procedure and gasket part no. Or is this something that is not an easy fix.
Many Thanks
Attachments
20200107_111659 (1).jpg
20200107_111536.jpg
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Polo trendline 1.4 Auto leak

Post by RUM4MO »

No offence intended to others reading this, but typically this forum is quite "light" on this sort of issue, just the way it is.

So, from looking at your pictures, it looks like there is some sort of aperture round about where the fluid is leaking out of, so that might just mean that if and when fluid escapes from its compartment, it can drain out via that sort of opening.

In general, I don't think that you just bump into anyone who has had deep experience of any of these DSG systems down to the level of sorting out fluid leaks, getting that sorted out looks to me who does not claim to know anything about them, but has read articles about working on them, that that transmission needs to be completely removed, split up, then opened up examined and repaired if possible.

Good luck - have you dug deep and found out what is in that section and so what is likely to have failed? Also what quantity of fluid is leaking out per day of use?

Edit:- for what it is worth, £300 for a guaranteed fix on that system sounds like very cheap to me, grab it!
talisker
New

Post by talisker »

What I do know id the transmission does not need to be removed, its simply a gasket on where the DSG unit mounts on the transmission. Its not intended to leak from the gasket between the mating surfaces. Cheers
talisker
New

Post by talisker »

I should have said its the Mechatronics unit. :-)
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

So, does that mean the high pressure system inside the mechatronics unit is leaking out or gearbox fluid leaking out of the box of cogs?

Edit:- I think, but I could be wrong, lifting off the mechatronics unit needs some guide tools in first to avoid total destruction, as well as getting things into the correct initial state.