Carpet and underlay

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Relfy
New
Drives: Polo Twist TDI 2004

Carpet and underlay

Post by Relfy »

Hi folks, I'm having a bit of a prolonged nightmare with my garage. They're lovely but just can't seem to do a full job right. My car is a 2004 Polo Twist TDI.

It all began with them changing a rear bulb when it went in for servicing. The lad who did it broke one of the spring clips, the light assembly didn't seal to the body, he didn't say anything, I didn't notice, and the car filled up with water during storm Dennis. I see other people have had this problem too so you get it.... The water not only filled the spare tyre well, but percolated through the carpet, up the rear seats, into the passenger footwell on the nearside and along into the front passenger footwell too. It was completely sodden.

So having investigated and discovered the source of the problem and fixed the light (bought a new-to-me one and sealed it with gutter sealant for good measure), I took it along to the garage who took all the seats, carpet and underlay out to dry in their back room. Several weeks later, finally all dry, they put it back in the car. Except it wasn't all of it. Apparently 'someone tidied up' in their office where some of the bits were being kept and they lost bits. They didn't tell me. I had to notice. I see three areas that look distinctly wrong. The trouble is I don't actually know exactly what is missing having failed to take photos originally.

I attach three photos, and what I'd like is if someone would kindly tell me what should be there. Two are the inside corners of the front footwells. The other one is the central cubby at the front.
I also want to know - should there be underlay under the carpet on the central island when you sit in the back?