Delivery/Tracking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JacobNorton
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ ordered

Delivery/Tracking

Post by JacobNorton »

Hi all,

I ordered a Polo GTI+ in December via a leasing company, they promised me a March delivery but have now confirmed the car will be at the dealer on the 24th April.

They won't give me the VW order number "to protect themselves" and never give me any updates on the progress/location.

Has anyone on here been told a similar date and have any ship info, as I presume it must of left the factory by now.

Thanks
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Re: Delivery/Tracking

Post by POLO Clive »

There should be no reason why they won't give you an order number, I was given mine by text and email a couple of days after I ordered. And a realistic delivery time is more like 5 months (order to delivery)
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

POLO Clive wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:01 am There should be no reason why they won't give you an order number, I was given mine by text and email a couple of days after I ordered. And a realistic delivery time is more like 5 months (order to delivery)
The reason for no tracking info is it's not his car, it will belong to the leasing company or whoever financed it for the leasing company. They could just give the tracking number as the car they've ordered will be in the hands of the OP at some point, but probably won't due to data protection regs.
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:53 pm The reason for no tracking info is it's not his car, it will belong to the leasing company or whoever financed it for the leasing company. They could just give the tracking number as the car they've ordered will be in the hands of the OP at some point, but probably won't due to data protection regs.
Ahhh, good answer :wink:
PeteJ-
New
Drives: GTi

Post by PeteJ- »

I am in the same boat, or perhaps my car is. I was promised 16th March delivery for my car by my leasing company. Last week I spoke to them and they had no idea what had happened to my car and in fact told me that it was not due until 20th April. I asked if they had a tracking number or order number from the dealer which they informed me that the dealer would refuse to give them under data protection.

I am now resigned to not receiving it until end of May now as this lock down will take that long before things begin to go back to normal. Guess patience is a small price to pay in these times and a new car is not the most important thing in my life at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacobNorton
New

Post by JacobNorton »

PeteJ- wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:49 am I am in the same boat, or perhaps my car is. I was promised 16th March delivery for my car by my leasing company. Last week I spoke to them and they had no idea what had happened to my car and in fact told me that it was not due until 20th April. I asked if they had a tracking number or order number from the dealer which they informed me that the dealer would refuse to give them under data protection.

I am now resigned to not receiving it until end of May now as this lock down will take that long before things begin to go back to normal. Guess patience is a small price to pay in these times and a new car is not the most important thing in my life at the moment.

Any luck with receiving yours? My leasing company can't get through to anyone at VW!
PeteJ-
New

Post by PeteJ- »

I have heard nothing from my leasing company and the dealers I think the car is with are only open for after sales. I think like most dealers they are due to open again on June 1st and would hope they are keen to move cars on.

JacobNorton
New

Post by JacobNorton »

I've been told that my car is 3-4 weeks away, as there is a big backlog at the port which they are trying to sort out.

My lease company couldn't tell me which port or where the car actually is... sounds like they are just trying to get rid of me.
PeteJ-
New

Post by PeteJ- »

Funnily enough that is exactly what my leasing company have told me. Although they didn’t tell me how long it would take to sort it.

Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

The online tracker doesn’t work and I’ve had one update from my dealer since February due to Covid. 2 weeks ago I had the first update from dealer to say it was in build and he would update me once car built and in transit. I’ve emailed and asked for an update leaving 2 weeks and been blanked. I thought giving him 2 weeks was reasonable before asking for an update as I’d like to know the likely delivery time. Am I being unreasonable in asking again as I’m annoyed I’ve been ignored.
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

Ima wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:36 am The online tracker doesn’t work and I’ve had one update from my dealer since February due to Covid. 2 weeks ago I had the first update from dealer to say it was in build and he would update me once car built and in transit. I’ve emailed and asked for an update leaving 2 weeks and been blanked. I thought giving him 2 weeks was reasonable before asking for an update as I’d like to know the likely delivery time. Am I being unreasonable in asking again as I’m annoyed I’ve been ignored.
My dealer told me to call them every week for progress updates, but I said don't worry I'll contact you every 2 weeks instead as I'm sure you're busy enough. So I don't think that's unreasonable at all, at the end of the day you've paid for a car from their dealership, so they should support you in delivering that customer service until handover.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Thanks ShortyONL that helpful to know your dealer thought weekly updates was fine and I’m not being unreasonable. It feels like now I’ve bought the car I’m not interesting to him. I’ll contact again on Monday and chase again.
PeteJ-
New

Post by PeteJ- »

ShortyONL wrote:
Ima wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:36 am The online tracker doesn’t work and I’ve had one update from my dealer since February due to Covid. 2 weeks ago I had the first update from dealer to say it was in build and he would update me once car built and in transit. I’ve emailed and asked for an update leaving 2 weeks and been blanked. I thought giving him 2 weeks was reasonable before asking for an update as I’d like to know the likely delivery time. Am I being unreasonable in asking again as I’m annoyed I’ve been ignored.
My dealer told me to call them every week for progress updates, but I said don't worry I'll contact you every 2 weeks instead as I'm sure you're busy enough. So I don't think that's unreasonable at all, at the end of the day you've paid for a car from their dealership, so they should support you in delivering that customer service until handover.
Understand your patience and as a customer you have every right to expect an outstanding service. Where Jacob and I are suffering is from the leasing companies who are dealing with the communication with the dealers so are spoon feeding us little bits of information. I contacted my leasing company who have failed to ring me back. We can only guess which dealer they are using and have no direct access. Knowing my luck my car was unloaded in March before lockdown and now has every other car delivered since blocking it in. So it looks like it won’t be until mid July that I get my car. Beginning to get annoyed now.

Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Yes I can really understand that. Waiting for ages is a pain but a lack of knowledge on progress makes it so much worse and if you had some updates that would make it so much easier to wait. Saying that I know who the dealer is and not any clearer than you are 🤯
didescharlie
New
Drives: -

Post by didescharlie »

I was in a similar boat to a few guys here. I ordered a GTI+ back in January on a good lease deal that was mostly due to a long-term wait. But that was OK as my current lease wasn't finished until June.
Prior to COVID I received a delivery date of mid-May. As COVID started to bite, I knew this date would slide, but as it got closer and closer (and finally past) the date never changed. The leasing company were impossible to deal with, replying with vague non-answers at every turn. I hardly "badgered" them, but did express frustration that they didn't even bother putting a general announcement about COVID issues they were suffering on their website as most manufacturers etc had done. I fully understand the perfect storm of dealer closures, supply chain problems, factory closures, logistic shutdowns etc, but even so, that could've been communicated.
In the meantime another company I had dealt with before offered me a Megane RS on a ludicrous deal (at least £50 PM less than the Polo like for like) and with cars available in June, so I went with that. The GTI+ lease vendor, when I emailed to cancel the order, paid back the £200 processing fee immediately and advised that they made the payment (normally non-refundable) as they couldn't see any end in site to the Polo delay, and couldn't even offer August/September delivery dates. With the Polo GTI now off the configurator I wonder if we'll see any delivered at all.