What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ryanponti
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by ryanponti »

rjnicko93 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:22 pm Took her to my local countryside stately home for a photoshoot this morning.

It was also good to pair my iPhone to my Fuji X100F so it acted as a remote trigger.
What color is your polo? Is it a filter you applied to the picture? I really like that orange.
rjnicko93
New
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTI+

Post by rjnicko93 »

Last edited by rjnicko93 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
rjnicko93
New
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTI+

Post by rjnicko93 »

ryanponti wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:52 am
rjnicko93 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:22 pm Took her to my local countryside stately home for a photoshoot this morning.

It was also good to pair my iPhone to my Fuji X100F so it acted as a remote trigger.
What color is your polo? Is it a filter you applied to the picture? I really like that orange.
Its the standard GTI flash red.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

ryanponti wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:52 am

as long as its not yellow like a lemon :P
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

https://youtu.be/KJ-tVFMRjSU

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

peter007 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:18 am https://youtu.be/KJ-tVFMRjSU

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
I'd love to follow this dude but lack of sub-titles makes it near impossible.
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

First modification > viewtopic.php?p=567540#p567540
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Day off work and some decent weather = giving the GTI a good clean!

Decided to give the inside and outside a really good clean, the weather over the last couple of months as we all know in the UK hasn't been great so was nice to get outside and do it. First time waxing a car today, think I did pretty decent job. Didn't realise how little wax was needed! Paintwork feels nice and smooth.

Only disappointment was discovering a stone chip in the bonnet. Need to look into how that can be sorted (pic below). :(
Attachments
IMG_20200320_145839__01__01__01.jpg
IMG_20200320_145901__01.jpg
IMG_20200320_145910.jpg
IMG_20200320_145937.jpg
IMG_20200320_145954.jpg
IMG_20200320_152958.jpg
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

Looking good S_94, such a shame about the stone chip, I'm not looking forward to my first.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:32 pm Day off work and some decent weather = giving the GTI a good clean!

Decided to give the inside and outside a really good clean, the weather over the last couple of months as we all know in the UK hasn't been great so was nice to get outside and do it. First time waxing a car today, think I did pretty decent job. Didn't realise how little wax was needed! Paintwork feels nice and smooth.

Only disappointment was discovering a stone chip in the bonnet. Need to look into how that can be sorted (pic below). :(
Looking good S_94. When applying wax or sealant, always remember that less is more. It’s far easier to buff off a thin layer of wax / sealant than it is a thick layer, which can be very hard work, depending on the product used and the ambient temperature you’re working in. Once I’ve buffed off the first layer, I usually apply a second coat in case I missed any areas of the car with the first coat. That way, you can be fairly confident all of the bodywork gets some protection.

As for stone chips; sadly, they’re an inevitable consequence of owning and driving a car. White is an easy colour to touch in though, and I find that the Chipex paint repair kits are quite good, and with a little practice you it’s possible to get good results. There are videos on YouTube and the Chipex website showing how to use the kit.

There’s also Dr Colourchip paint repair kits that are pretty much the same as the Chipex kits. I prefer these kits to the VW paint touch up pens; with Chipex/ Dr Colourchip kits, if you’re not happy with your efforts, you can use the supplied blending solution to remove the paint you’ve applied and start again.

If you do get the VW touch up paint I’d recommend not using the brush inside the cap to apply the paint; you can get much more precision by using a cocktail stick or the end of an unfolded paper clip.

Note; Paint code for VW Pure White is LC9A.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

POLO Clive wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 pm Looking good S_94, such a shame about the stone chip, I'm not looking forward to my first.
Thanks Clive. Yeah really gutted suppose it's one of those things.
SRGTD wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:16 pm Looking good S_94. When applying wax or sealant, always remember that less is more. It’s far easier to buff off a thin layer of wax / sealant than it is a thick layer, which can be very hard work, depending on the product used and the ambient temperature you’re working in. Once I’ve buffed off the first layer, I usually apply a second coat in case I missed any areas of the car with the first coat. That way, you can be fairly confident all of the bodywork gets some protection.

As for stone chips; sadly, they’re an inevitable consequence of owning and driving a car. White is an easy colour to touch in though, and I find that the Chipex paint repair kits are quite good, and with a little practice you it’s possible to get good results. There are videos on YouTube and the Chipex website showing how to use the kit.

There’s also Dr Colourchip paint repair kits that are pretty much the same as the Chipex kits. I prefer these kits to the VW paint touch up pens; with Chipex/ Dr Colourchip kits, if you’re not happy with your efforts, you can use the supplied blending solution to remove the paint you’ve applied and start again.

If you do get the VW touch up paint I’d recommend not using the brush inside the cap to apply the paint; you can get much more precision by using a cocktail stick or the end of an unfolded paper clip.

Note; Paint code for VW Pure White is LC9A.
Yeah definitely, came to that conclusion after applying to much on the bonnet and realising it lasted a lot longer than I expected. Was topping up the applicator pad when it wasn't running smoothly across any of the surfaces, felt that was a good indicator to top up. Only did one coat as I was absolutely shattered! Next time though will definitely go over twice. I was leaving it on the surface for around 10-15 mins then buffing out.

Thanks you SRGTD really appreciate the advice. At first I thought it was a tough stain but upon further inspection I realised what it was, gutted. But like you said inevitable when you own a car.

Think I'll give it a go myself and see what I can do, will update with some positive results hopefully. :)
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

A little mod today...
here is a picture called: Spot the difference :)
Attachments
Polo threeq.jpeg
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

fazzy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 pm A little mod today...
Tinted rear lights? :)
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

fazzy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 pm A little mod today...
Kind of reminds me of being a teenager wearing a jaunty hat :D :D
(very much tongue in cheek)
cartoon-boy-wearing-a-cap-over-white-background-vector-illustration-PP036J.jpg
I considered it too but in the end left it as is.
Digonho
New
Drives: VW Polo GTS

Post by Digonho »

Dark_cze wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:12 pm I have Galaxy S9 and use Android Auto every day. My Polo already destroyed one USB C cable and I had to replace USB connector in my Galaxy S9 (worst part was to take it apart) :x . So today I made foam insert whitch rise my phone and it is not resting on usb cable while using AA. :) Sorry can't take photo with phone inside. :-D
do you know the part number of this part with 2 usb and led?