Two faults with my BlueGT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dean6489
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Two faults with my BlueGT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Dean6489 »

If i am posting this in the wrong place i truly apologise and will remove it if possible straight away.
I own a 2014 BlueGT and was hoping to get a bit of advice on two things as in truth i am a novice when it comes to a lot of things involving cars.
First thing is that my sound on my radio intermittently goes on and off. Whether i try to switch from DAB, FM or AM and it's frustrating not being able to drive about and listen to Talksport (my guilty pleasure lol).

The other problem i have which i noticed a couple of weeks ago is, if i am driving my car and come to a stop, switch my engine off and just sit in my car for about 5 minutes, when i then open my door to get out my indicators start flashing. I have to press the unlock button on my key to stop the indicators flashing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Insy79
New
Drives: 2014 BlueGT 1.4 TSI ACT

Re: Two faults with my BlueGT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Insy79 »

Oddly enough I have the same quirk with the indicators on my 2014 BlueGT. Sometimes on the unlocking mine to stop the indicators, it will make a load bleep bit like the alarm going off for a split second.

No idea what's causing it.

A VW technician suggested it was just a quirk of the car when I mentioned it on a service visit. I'm not entirely convinced.
Dean6489
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Re: Two faults with my BlueGT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Dean6489 »

Yeah mine does the alarm sound too. Not sure what could be causing that.