Engine Management Light

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
ElisaStevens9N
New
Drives: Silver VW POLO 9N | 2003 | 5 Doors | Aut

Engine Management Light

Post by ElisaStevens9N »

I work as an NHS midwife and rely on my car to visit patients in and around West London. My VW Polo has been reliable and efficient. I've always cared for my car and service it annually.

Make: VW POLO 9N | 2003 | Silver | Automatic | 5 x doors | 5 x seats | AC | Heater

I took my car to an independent mechanic for its annual service and MOT. The mechanic replaced the following parts as part of the annual service: engine oil | oil filter | spark plugs | air filter | pollen filter | alternator | front & rear brake pads | front and rear brake discs.

Euro Carparts had a 50% offer. I purchased all the parts at a 50% discount, except for the alternator, which I purchased online from StevensVW Dismantlers. I paid the mechanic £180 for his labour. I've previously used this mechanic and haven't had any complaints or causes of concern. After I started my car, the engine management light remained on. I immediately told the mechanic. His explanation was that I needed to replace the ABS pump, but it wasn't a serious alert and therefore I should still drive the car.

I took my car to a different mechanic for a second opinion and asked him to test the ABS pump/brakes. The mechanic drove my car and tested the ABS pump/brakes. He told me that there wasn't an ABS fault with my car. He then connected his diagnostic machine tool to my car and identified the following faults.

High pressure sensor -G65- Signal too low | I was told that this was the reason the engine management light was on. I've replaced the AC pressure valve (£50 labour + £65 part from TPS) but the engine management remains on.

Now there are three separate errors:

18049 | Please check DTC Memory of A/C ECU P1641
18043 | Powertrain Data Bus Missing Message from A/C ECU P1635 - Intermittent
18045 | Powertrain Data Bus Missing Message from Central Electronic ECU P1637