Clutch

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Andrew S
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 2004

Clutch

Post by Andrew S »

What’s the going rate to have a clutch replaced on an 9n 1.2 and us there any difference in costs using a mobile fit? I’m happy to buy the kit, it’s just the labour
Cheers
Andrew
Andrew S
Bronze Member

Re: Clutch

Post by Andrew S »

Have been given a price now of £200 plus parts

Going to get the clutch kit and would be interested to hear of any bad experiences from Euros or GSF on any of the makes bought?

GSF do LUK kits but they also do Premium make kits but of course they dont tell you what makes they are. Euros sell Sach kits and a cheap kit

I'm sure they are all OK, but just want to check with others in case you have had bad experiences

Cheers
Andrew
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Post by Bepis »

When I was looking for clutches for my polo with the AZQ engine (1.2 12V) the Sachs clutch on ECP was different from the one Sachs themselves said would fit. The clutch kit recommended by Sachs I found for £100~ on amazon with prime delivery. I ended up not replacing the clutch as it still holds but the biting point is high. I would recommend going straight to the manufactures site and seeing if they have a search by vehicle.
Andrew S
Bronze Member

Post by Andrew S »

Thanks Bepis
Interesting feedback
Thanks
Andrew
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Too much of that nonsense going on with respect with what ECP list, I always head for the manufacturer's website as well, another item to avoid from ECP is replacement AC compressor as the one they list is a smaller capacity one than that fitted at the factory, complete misleading idiots/cheats, their prices are good for most things that are correct, but you do need to been in some effort to make sure that they are exactly what you need for a good price and not just something also near enough at a lower than normal price.
Andrew S
Bronze Member

Post by Andrew S »

Thanks RUM4MO
yungvad
New
Drives: 2004 9N

Post by yungvad »

Bepis wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 pm When I was looking for clutches for my polo with the AZQ engine (1.2 12V) the Sachs clutch on ECP was different from the one Sachs themselves said would fit. The clutch kit recommended by Sachs I found for £100~ on amazon with prime delivery. I ended up not replacing the clutch as it still holds but the biting point is high. I would recommend going straight to the manufactures site and seeing if they have a search by vehicle.
i have the same issue on my 1.2 12v currently, the biting point is very high and the pedal feels very "empty" would bleeding the system help the pedal feel more stiffer?
Andrew S
Bronze Member

Post by Andrew S »

Just had the clutch replaced and wow what a difference. 4 hours work at £50 Per hour plus £86 clutch kit by Lux with discount and clutch is very light and positive to drive. Drive plate was down to rivets on the pressure plate side. Kit included a new arm etc and bought through Eurocarparts.