Weird Issue With Front Electric Windows

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
RyanP
New
Drives: 2008 9n3 5Dr 1.2 12v

Weird Issue With Front Electric Windows

Post by RyanP »

Hi all

I have a 2008 VW Polo 9n3 1.2 5Dr which has only electric windows in the front. A few weeks ago they started to play up only working intermittently now to cease to working at all via any of the windows switches in both the passenger door and driver’s door. Both windows still go up and down by holding the key in either the passenger/driver's door's (lazy locking/unlocking).

Also on disconnecting either door window motor the window on the opposite side works? This is for both sides. But when both motors are connected only lazy locking/unlocking works.

What I have tried so far.
1. Checked all possible fuses
2. Checked the grounds at the window motors/switches
3. Checked the wires running from the A pillar to drivers door for breaks
4. Check electrical connectors in a pillar and door for dampness/corrosion none found
5. Run full VCDS diagnostics scan no faults found.
6. Replaced window switch in driver’s door
Ev996sps
New
Drives: 1.2s

Re: Weird Issue With Front Electric Windows

Post by Ev996sps »

RyanP wrote:Hi all

I have a 2008 VW Polo 9n3 1.2 5Dr which has only electric windows in the front. A few weeks ago they started to play up only working intermittently now to cease to working at all via any of the windows switches in both the passenger door and driver’s door. Both windows still go up and down by holding the key in either the passenger/driver's door's (lazy locking/unlocking).

Also on disconnecting either door window motor the window on the opposite side works? This is for both sides. But when both motors are connected only lazy locking/unlocking works.

What I have tried so far.
1. Checked all possible fuses
2. Checked the grounds at the window motors/switches
3. Checked the wires running from the A pillar to drivers door for breaks
4. Check electrical connectors in a pillar and door for dampness/corrosion none found
5. Run full VCDS diagnostics scan no faults found.
6. Replaced window switch in driver’s door
Was always the wires in the hoover pipe near the hinges everytime for me, slice the convoluted pipe a bit then pull on each wire, one will come your way hopefully

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RyanP
New
Drives: 2008 9n3 5Dr 1.2 12v

Re: Weird Issue With Front Electric Windows

Post by RyanP »

I have already removed the rubber boot between the A pillar and the door and checked every wire as this seems to be a common problem.
I have also check with a multi-meter the continuity between the connectors in the door and the plug’s to where they plug in on the A pillar as there may be a broken wire in the door, but there were no broken wires to be found.