What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by Ima »

Yes probably although looking the photos on here it looks like a new design so hopefully it’ll be fine.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Another day, another problem. :) Yesterday I noticed part of my DRL not working (top thin strip) so I booked my date at VW and will do first service there too. I wanted to do it myself but I would rather keep my extended warranty in case other mayor problem. They asked roughly 250 pounds for service and that ligh usualy goes around 800 pounds (per side).
Attachments
20200604_083828.jpg
20200604_083803.jpg
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Hi guys.

Can anyone recommend some Paddle Extenders for the GTI please?

Preferably from the UK.

Cheers.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:36 pm Hi guys.

Preferably from the UK.

Cheers.
Stick on extenders or longer alloy replacements? We've done this a few pages ago i'm sure. Did you see my new ones for £17 from ebay.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:11 pm

Preferably from the UK.

Cheers.
Stick on extenders or longer alloy replacements? We've done this a few pages ago i'm sure. Did you see my new ones for £17 from ebay.
Was thinking of something like this (don't think they fit the Polo) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Black- ... #vi-ilComp

Looking at yours monkeyhanger they do look really good. Shame they're out of stock.
Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

Post by Teee »

Preferably from the UK.

Cheers.

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70450&start=585#p568954

I got these Ones they do the job and look decent not hard to fit As it’s a 3m stick on job. main reason I got stick on ones was to keep the original paddles & retain the + - lights. I guess if I ever wanted to remove them I’d need to apply some heat and run a fishing line around the edges.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312622723931

I got mine of eBay however I only Recently started using AliExpress and they are much cheaper on there. if I’d known what I know now I would’ve got them from AliExpress lol as they probably made in the same factory.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dZwrrgU

Hope this helps
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Thanks Teee. :)
antuono
New
Drives: Polo AW1 2019 TSI 1.0 115hp R-Line

What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by antuono »

I brought my Polo to the local VW service due to battery drainage I experienced after the lockdown.
I suspect there’s something wrong that is affecting my battery life.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

antuono wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:07 am I brought my Polo to the local VW service due to battery drainage I experienced after the lockdown.
I suspect there’s something wrong that is affecting my battery life.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

How long have you left the car unused during lockdown? Should be fine for 2 or maybe 3 weeks as long as it gets at least a 10 mile run between uses at that frequency. Alarm monitoring and other background functions drain the battery when not in use. When it gets below a certain level, the car will drop into a hibernation mode to preserve battery and while in that mode, things like alarm won't work.
antuono
New
Drives: Polo AW1 2019 TSI 1.0 115hp R-Line

Post by antuono »

First of all, I am in Italy so we had a strict lockdown for almost 2 months.
I was allowed to take the car to go grocery shopping once every two weeks, so I did that ,but round-trip were no more than 4 miles.
I got “weak battery” signal after one month and I ignored until my battery died and I had to jumpstart.

The only thing installed is a cheap Italian alarm that shouldn’t drain the battery, but you never known for sure.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Car was in for a service today. Dropped off at 9:30am, was thinking they'd ring me around 12:30-1 for pickup. Nope.

They text me at 4:35 this afternoon saying 'your car is ready for pickup, our store is closed at 5 today'. It takes me half an hour to get to the dealership.

I know that's not their fault, but texting me 25 minutes before they close is a joke. I rang them at 2 for an update but nobody got back to me. Annoyingly I bet it was done way before that they just didn't call/text.

I swear every time I've had to deal with VW their customer service has been awful.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

S_94 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:51 pm Car was in for a service today. Dropped off at 9:30am, was thinking they'd ring me around 12:30-1 for pickup. Nope.

They text me at 4:35 this afternoon saying 'your car is ready for pickup, our store is closed at 5 today'. It takes me half an hour to get to the dealership.

I know that's not their fault, but texting me 25 minutes before they close is a joke. I rang them at 2 for an update but nobody got back to me. Annoyingly I bet it was done way before that they just didn't call/text.

I swear every time I've had to deal with VW their customer service has been awful.
Which branch is it? I used to get service like this from Lookers Preston but since I changed to Inchcape in Bolton I couldn’t be happier. The car is always ready quickly and they tell you the minute it’s done. I could go on for ages about Lookers and how bad they are, but comparing them with Inchcape is like chalk and cheese.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

VW in Bath. In all fairness the staff were nice, everything was cleaned down etc. Just seem to get unlucky whenever my car goes in!

Service went well, no problems with the car. Front tyres are both at 4.0MM (advisory apparently), they said they'd recommend changing them when that gets to 3.0MM. Recommended replacement to Bridgestones on the work sheet... :lol:

Drive home felt quite firm and seemed to feel every bump in the road. Think they tyres have been inflated so will put them back down to 36/33 this evening if that's the case.

Edit: Fronts were 41PSI and backs were 38PSI. Made a huge difference to the feel of the drive.
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Post by Dazeredo »

Something is different... 8)

OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Dazeredo wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:42 pm Something is different... 8)

Forgive my ignorance but what am I looking at (besides the flickker lights)?

Edit: is the left brighter than the right?