Electric Folding Door Mirrors

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MrTomOates
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Electric Folding Door Mirrors

Post by MrTomOates »

Hi,

Just a quick question,

Does the POLO R-Line have electric folding door mirrors for when you are locking and unlocking the car?
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: Electric Folding Door Mirrors

Post by OomStu_ZA »

MrTomOates wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:00 pm Hi,

Just a quick question,

Does the POLO R-Line have electric folding door mirrors for when you are locking and unlocking the car?
afaik its an option that also includes PDC system with blind spot monitoring- well, at least thats what is offered here in ZAR.
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Just a quick question,

afaik its an option that also includes keyless start system - well, at least thats what is offered here in ZAR.
I live in UK, England and I've tried researching it and I've not come across a YouTube video stating that they do have that function, however, I know there's a button on the door-side that can electrically tilt the mirrors inwards but that's it.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MrTomOates wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:11 pm

Just a quick question,

afaik its an option that also includes keyless start system - well, at least thats what is offered here in ZAR.
I live in UK, England and I've tried researching it and I've not come across a YouTube video stating that they do have that function, however, I know there's a button on the door-side that can electrically tilt the mirrors inwards but that's it.
According to the price list brochure, the UK spec Polo R-Line does have Electrically folding door mirrors as standard. I think I’ve read that they do unfold when you unlock the car on the current model Polo but I’m not certain. I have a previous generation Polo and on my car they unfold when the engine is started.
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:25 pm
MrTomOates wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:11 pm

According to the price list brochure, the UK spec Polo R-Line does have Electrically folding door mirrors as standard. I think I’ve read that they do unfold when you unlock the car on the current model Polo but I’m not certain. I have a previous generation Polo and on my car they unfold when the engine is started.
That's great news!
Thank you.
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Post by Dazeredo »

I had the electric folding mirrors installed on my standard Polo and it got an option on the infotainment to activate the folding of the mirrors when locking the car. Personally I've the option disabled and only fold the mirrors with the button in the door when needed.
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

Dazeredo wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:48 pm I had the electric folding mirrors installed on my standard Polo and it got an option on the infotainment to activate the folding of the mirrors when locking the car. Personally I've the option disabled and only fold the mirrors with the button in the door when needed.
I think it's a really good feature to have when unlocking and locking the car, not sure if people agree but I think it looks more sleek and expensive. I'm happy to hear that the function is available and if it's not needed, you can simply turn the function off and on. :D

Cannot wait until I pick this car up!
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

On my old Scirocco and my new A4, the wing mirrors only unfold when you press the start button and fold on locking. That way, if you leave something in the car and go back out to get it, you don't have the motors working overtime.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:48 pm On my old Scirocco and my new A4, the wing mirrors only unfold when you press the start button and fold on locking. That way, if you leave something in the car and go back out to get it, you don't have the motors working overtime.
Same with the Door mirrors on my 6c Polo GTI; they unfold when the engine’s started and fold when the car’s locked.
Dewster
New
Drives: R Line

Post by Dewster »

I took delivery of my new Polo R Line last week.
I can confirm that it does have the electric folding mirrors when locking and unlocking.
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

Dewster wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:21 pm I took delivery of my new Polo R Line last week.
I can confirm that it does have the electric folding mirrors when locking and unlocking.
How's the car? :D
Any pics?