Vehicle Deliveries

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Re: Vehicle Deliveries

Post by PhilArnold »

JacobNorton wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 pm Anyone had any info from the dealers?

The Malacca Highway has done a drop off that should of been full of VW's over the weekend.
That run will have likely been full of Audis as it left the Audi area of the port. It's now back in Emden on VW's side so you may get lucky on the next dropoff
JacobNorton
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ ordered

Post by JacobNorton »

PhilArnold wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:20 pm
JacobNorton wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 pm Anyone had any info from the dealers?

The Malacca Highway has done a drop off that should of been full of VW's over the weekend.
That run will have likely been full of Audis as it left the Audi area of the port. It's now back in Emden on VW's side so you may get lucky on the next dropoff
Hmmm... It's in the same spot as it was on Friday, I thought the Tiguan forums confirmed that the delivery yesterday was for VW.
BootsOnBallast
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by BootsOnBallast »

The truth is nobody on either forum knows for sure what cars are loaded from which side of the port. It appears to be a common thought that VWs are loaded from the left hand side of the dock because that’s where VWs main operation is. Audi and Porsche are sent to the port via dedicated railway lines into the port which you can see from satellite images. It’s makes sense to be honest.
There has also been a theme that appears to show the ships alternating between the different parts of the port, that seems to make sense too.

Again, the truth is it’s all guess work. COVID has been really disruptive and for all we know car makes could be mixed throughout the port and it could just be a case that whatever’s closest gets loaded.

I’ve read there are back logs of over 20000 cars at Emden. Possibly yea... but it doesn’t make sense when you consider cars go all over the work and numerous ships leave each day each holding 1000s of cars.

I think I’ve got a decent dealer in the south of England and he seems absolutely adamant the delays attached to my car are due to Emden not shipping it over and not delays at the UK port.

I sound like a child for moaning about the delays because it is what it is and I just need to be patient. But, when you’re paying good money for something and so far you’ve had a year of misery it’s something positive to look forward to. It’s just a shame more info isn’t fourth coming.
BootsOnBallast
New

Post by BootsOnBallast »

Just to add further info... as if by magic the salesman I’ve been dealing with has just called me to say my car has arrived in the UK over the weekend and is on its way to branch.
So logic dictates malacca highway was the ship.
PhilArnold
Bronze Member

Post by PhilArnold »

BootsOnBallast wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:26 pm Just to add further info... as if by magic the salesman I’ve been dealing with has just called me to say my car has arrived in the UK over the weekend and is on its way to branch.
So logic dictates malacca highway was the ship.
Ah nice, had you had any app or sms updates prior to the call?
BootsOnBallast
New

Post by BootsOnBallast »

I’m afraid not. I bought a brand new polo GTI+ that was pre-spec by the dealer. So I’ve not had access to the app or sms service.
I’ve mentioned it before but if it helps for timescales my car was at Emden as lockdown happened and arrived in the UK this weekend just gone. My dealer seems adamant it’ll be at the dealership in a couple of days.
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Post by TheRacingRat »

Just had a call from Wolsey VW Ipswich. Car ready to collect next week. Picking up 9/7 at 4pm. Excited!
PhilArnold
Bronze Member

Post by PhilArnold »

TheRacingRat wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 pm Just had a call from Wolsey VW Ipswich. Car ready to collect next week. Picking up 9/7 at 4pm. Excited!
Nice! Any SMS updates beforehand?
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Post by TheRacingRat »

No just a phone call. App still stuck on build date confirmed :roll:
Sharms
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Sharms »

Morning Gents!

Just had a text and email from VW with a 5c notification - finally the waiting could be over???

Anyone else had an update this morning???

🤞for good news
scott.mccormack
New

Post by scott.mccormack »

Yes, got the update this morning. Now how long from sheerness to collection?
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

Sharms wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 am Morning Gents!

Just had a text and email from VW with a 5c notification - finally the waiting could be over???

Anyone else had an update this morning???

🤞for good news
When did you order if you don't mind me asking?
Sharms
New

Post by Sharms »

I managed to pick up a dealer pre-spec’d car in February (pure white/ black roof / winter pack / 17’ Parkers) - build was completed and received the 5a notification on the 12th March (this was the first update I received so can’t say what build this week would have been), 5b was then received 15th May and then 5c finally came through today - cars coming in via Sheerness

Have kept an eye on this thread and the Tiguan one, doesn’t seem many people have had the 5c update
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I ordered a pre specced car that was built w/c 23rd March and mine is somewhere in emden still. Dealer expects it will arrive in the uk next couple of weeks.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Anyone else having issues with the tracker app today? Mine has booted me out and when it logs back in keeps saying “no matching resource found”. Even when I try to crest a new account under a different email.