Rob’s Blue 1.4 Tdi 3 cly 6C polo tweeks to GT trim format

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Robbo770
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.4 tdi 2014

Re: Rob’s Blue 1.4 Tdi 3 cly 6C polo tweeks

Post by Robbo770 »

With the 17” the ride has massively improved, the handling is sharper too, amazed the difference set of wheels has made, new rubber ordered to sharpen further by fitting rainsport 3’s all round
Robbo770
Bronze Member

Post by Robbo770 »

Pierlu wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am Wow great job! Looks very nice

Can I ask you what's the ride height? (from the center of the rim to the fender) Because I'm collecting everything to put the original configuration back but I'm taking measurements to see how much will be taller than my current configuration

Ride height I fitted as per ciclo guide the lowest genuine rear springs which makes the car with original front spring drive much smoother and hand very well,

Search his post on his R-line the guide of all spring heights is in there.
FE50BA86-C562-4700-BA54-D26C6CA0BDE6.png
Pierlu
Getting There!
Drives: Polo MY2015 1.2 TSI

Post by Pierlu »

Robbo770 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:05 pm
Pierlu wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am Wow great job! Looks very nice

Can I ask you what's the ride height? (from the center of the rim to the fender) Because I'm collecting everything to put the original configuration back but I'm taking measurements to see how much will be taller than my current configuration

Ride height I fitted as per ciclo guide the lowest genuine rear springs which makes the car with original front spring drive much smoother and hand very well,

Search his post on his R-line the guide of all spring heights is in there.

FE50BA86-C562-4700-BA54-D26C6CA0BDE6.png
Perfect, thank you so much
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

Some nice additions there! Just a warning about the rear spoiler as you had said you were trying not to affect the insurance much-when I was thinking of putting one on mine, they wanted an extra £100 on the premium just for that and I have 30 years driving experience, so I would imagine it could be a fair bit more for a young/newish driver.
Robbo770
Bronze Member

Post by Robbo770 »

Hi,

Got my rear spoiler on and didn’t affect my insurance, checked before fitting,

So it’s now got the rear wing on
C35D940F-7030-4C8D-9F3B-33954B55EABB.jpeg
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Rob’s Blue 1.4 Tdi 3 cly 6C polo tweeks to GT trim format

Post by ciclo »

Hello Rob, to reply to your private message here:

So, this is the mirror that you will definitely install on your 6C. :?:
:arrow: https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... 43#p571243

...and therefore you need the female connector to insert the pins seen in the image above.
Search online for the reference number, 8K0971834, but I think it is best to go or call to the parts section of a VW dealer and request the connector.
In a day or two they will have it available for you to pick it up.
The price shown in the image is in euros without VAT, it wouldn't be surprising if it costs you 3-5 GBP in your local VW dealer.

And on the other hand, what's the problem with the auto dimming mirror and RLS wiring you bought?
:arrow: https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... 43#p570810
Robbo770
Bronze Member

Post by Robbo770 »

Hi Ciclo,

Firstly thanks for finding the time to help me on my retrofit.

The wiring plug set I bought ended up being from a golf so the plug only had 6 pins not the 8 required and wrong wire connections for the tie back connections as well.

Very frustrating.

The mirror mods I have done is to get the build in homelink system, it’s only a positive extra wire and use the same common earth for the system it is, so simply a 12 volt feed from the interior lights system which is live when the car is unlocked or running.

Just need a 12-20 inch tale on the plug to get it routed to the roof light and take a 12 volt feed from there.

Rest is just as per standard mirror with the light sensor being the 3 wires.

I will need to remove and tiger seal attach the new mounting for the mirror and the sensor fitting on my windscreen.

I hope you can assist, my genuine autolights switch from fitting works immediately with no light sensor fitted yet and brings on the headlights, has the normal query you need to put lights on the get the fog lights to work front and rear but that’s normal apparently.

Many thanks Rob
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

6C wiring diagrams.

Robbo770 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:46 pm
The wiring plug set I bought ended up being from a golf so the plug only had 6 pins not the 8 required and wrong wire connections for the tie back connections as well.

Very frustrating.
Hi Rob

This is because you probably bought the wiring (ADM + RLS) for Golf mk6 and you should have bought the wiring for Golf mk7 or Polo 6C.
- Golf mK6 BCMs have three 52-pin connectors, being probable that the type of pins in the plugs are different model/type from those used in the G7 or 6C BCMs.
- The BCMs for Polo 6C and Golf mk7 have three connectors, two 73-pin and one central 46-pin, they do not have the same pin assignments for ADM or RLS but the pin types are identical (checked) for these functions, which makes them compatible.

Buy the right wiring, eBay, Aliexpress, etc ... I don't think it's hard to find (other than cheap).

Most ADM and RLS wiring looms sold have six wires, three for ADM and three for RLS. Nothing related to the Home link.
To add the 25-inch cable for the Home Link power/feed, you need this type of terminal for the T8 connector:
https://www.a4-freunde.com/attachment.p ... 1404652108 Ref: 12 52 7 545 852 ...or... 000 979 159 E

Robbo770 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:46 pm I hope you can assist, my genuine autolights switch from fitting works immediately with no light sensor fitted yet and brings on the headlights, has the normal query you need to put lights on the get the fog lights to work front and rear but that’s normal apparently.

Many thanks Rob
With the BCM of the 6C and Golf7 automatic lights are possible by means of the correct adaptations without the need for RLS, but logically they work better with the RLS.

For fog lights a fog sensor has not yet been invented/implemented for our cars... (forget the comment, they are the stupidities of my mind :lol: )

I hope that all this information helps you with your project, for me it is impossible to manufacture this wiring at this time. IM so sorry.🙏
Robbo770
Bronze Member

Post by Robbo770 »

Your guidance and correct pin select link is great and I will see how I get on making a loom, I will keep you updated here how I progress, thanks for the info for the 12 volt power connection in the interior lights connection as well.

Cheers Ciclo
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I promise I wish I could help you better, but right now it is not possible.
I will be aware of your progress or concerns. :wink: