Polo AW Photo Gallery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Polo AW Photo Gallery

Post by lancslad1985 »

After six hours of new car prep, two layers of wax and a layer of sealant she’s gleaming in the sun. Hopefully won’t have to do that again.
Attachments
E9E0ADD4-4BF8-4275-8FBC-859E9546897E.jpeg
F6FC13FE-D088-475B-B84C-3044BB2F7AE3.jpeg
85DFCAA1-CD62-4A5C-99DF-912850759CFE.jpeg
04B9858B-45FC-4236-9D21-7BB773868F6A.jpeg
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:29 pm After six hours of new car prep, two layers of wax and a layer of sealant she’s gleaming in the sun. Hopefully won’t have to do that again.
Looks great and I dare say you feel your efforts have been rewarded, judging by the results. Without doubt, it wouldn’t have looked that good if the dealer had prepped it.

I always feel worn out (that’s the polite term 😀) whenever I’ve given my car the full works. I gave mine a full detail including machine polish last October, spread over three days. By the time I’d finished I was aching in places I didn’t know could ache!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Looks amazing :)
MichaelWood
New

Post by MichaelWood »

Just the rallyflapsZ had to order the Mk7 golf GTi ones and a wee bit off modification to the rear ones just the bottom hole shifted over to square them up... front fitted fine....
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 pm
lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:29 pm After six hours of new car prep, two layers of wax and a layer of sealant she’s gleaming in the sun. Hopefully won’t have to do that again.
Looks great and I dare say you feel your efforts have been rewarded, judging by the results. Without doubt, it wouldn’t have looked that good if the dealer had prepped it.

I always feel worn out (that’s the polite term 😀) whenever I’ve given my car the full works. I gave mine a full detail including machine polish last October, spread over three days. By the time I’d finished I was aching in places I didn’t know could ache!

Cheers SRGTD and S_94 I’m exhausted and it doesn’t help with our work being a chemical storage site so can’t wear shorts. It was baking. Well worth it though as I only spent £100 and six hours of my time compared to £400 for lifeshine and it looks much better. I might get a machine polisher for next time though! Just wish I’d had three days like you haha.
Last edited by lancslad1985 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelWood
New

Post by MichaelWood »

Teee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:14 pm
MichaelWood wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:23 pm DSC_0023~2.JPG

Nice , looks like it’s ready to take on the B roads, the mud flaps and wheels give it the rally look 😎
Should be ready after the 8th September,she's booked in for her dsg stage 2 upgrade and the stage 2 remap retuned as now running on 99octine as the gear box was hold her back,and have some corbeau tartin wing back seats getting fitted also,at present she's running 269hp...
MichaelWood
New

Post by MichaelWood »

mjsaville wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 pm
Teee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:14 pm
MichaelWood wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:23 pm DSC_0023~2.JPG

Nice , looks like it’s ready to take on the B roads, the mud flaps and wheels give it the rally look 😎
Great spot - Some better pics of the mud flaps would be nice, not keen on the factory fitment bit too much. What make are they?
Attachments
E7DF0F8C-0425-4787-A85A-CFD1F1A5479A.jpeg
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:33 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Buying my machine polisher was a good investment and it’s more than paid for itself. Useful for dealing with

Cheers SRGTD and S_94 I’m exhausted and it doesn’t help with our work being a chemical storage site so can’t wear shorts. It was baking. Well worth it though as I only spent £100 and six hours of my time compared to £400 for lifeshine and it looks much better. I might get a machine polisher for next time though! Just wish I’d had three days like you haha.
Buying my machine polisher was a good investment IMO, and it’s more than paid for itself over the years. It’s useful for dealing with ‘spot repairs’ too when you’re not doing a full machine polish - like removing etching left by bird poo if you’re not in a position to remove it straight after the event. Machine polishing a whole car can also be tiring though - usually when I’ve finished, my arms, knees and back feel like they don’t belong to me!

Yes, being retired has certain benefits - one benefit being I’m ‘time-rich’, so if I want to spread detailing my car over a three day period, I can 🙂.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Any recommendations for machine polishers SRGTD?

Wouldn't mind getting into that in the future.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:34 pm Any recommendations for machine polishers SRGTD?

Wouldn't mind getting into that in the future.
I have this one;

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-pr ... n-polisher

IMO, it’s a good machine for anyone new to machine polishing.

I would strongly advise anyone new to machine polishing to ensure they get a dual action (DA) polisher and not a rotary polisher. The orbital polishing action of the DA machine means you don’t get the heat build up that you can with a rotary polisher (and heat build up = the potential of clearcoat burn or strike through - something you definitely don’t want, especially on a new car!).

The Das6 Pro machine also takes both the smaller and larger polishing pads unlike some of the other machines, so there’s not really any need to buy a second ‘mini’ polisher to tackle the smaller, more difficult to access areas of the car.

Discount code DW05 will get you 5% discount off Clean Your Car website prices, although they do have better offers periodically throughout the year.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Thanks mate appreciate it. Will be picking one up in the future. :)
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

MichaelWood wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:36 pm Should be ready after the 8th September,she's booked in for her dsg stage 2 upgrade and the stage 2 remap retuned as now running on 99octine as the gear box was hold her back,and have some corbeau tartin wing back seats getting fitted also,at present she's running 269hp...
What sort of mods have you done to get 269hp out of it so far. I'm looking at getting a stage 1 taking the engine to 250hp but wouldn't wanna go any higher without any other mods.
MichaelWood
New

Post by MichaelWood »

stuartrendall wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 pm
MichaelWood wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:36 pm Should be ready after the 8th September,she's booked in for her dsg stage 2 upgrade and the stage 2 remap retuned as now running on 99octine as the gear box was hold her back,and have some corbeau tartin wing back seats getting fitted also,at present she's running 269hp...
What sort of mods have you done to get 269hp out of it so far. I'm looking at getting a stage 1 taking the engine to 250hp but wouldn't wanna go any higher without any other mods.
At present she’s running leyo Motorsport induction set up,Wagner race intercool,full Miltek exhaust turbo back,also st coil overs and 18nch OZ Racing alloys with 225-40-18 Michelin Pilot sport 4.so hopefully might get a bit more once gear box upgrade fingers crossed still eats the golf gti 😁😁😁😁😁
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

MichaelWood wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:39 pm At present she’s running leyo Motorsport induction set up,Wagner race intercool,full Miltek exhaust turbo back,also st coil overs and 18nch OZ Racing alloys with 225-40-18 Michelin Pilot sport 4.so hopefully might get a bit more once gear box upgrade fingers crossed still eats the golf gti 😁😁😁😁😁
I recently saw that Miltek now do a turbo-back full exhaust. I presume you have gone with OPF/GPF bypass? Did you go with the resonated on non-resonated one? How does it sound?
MichaelWood
New

Post by MichaelWood »

l3rady wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:31 pm
MichaelWood wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:39 pm At present she’s running leyo Motorsport induction set up,Wagner race intercool,full Miltek exhaust turbo back,also st coil overs and 18nch OZ Racing alloys with 225-40-18 Michelin Pilot sport 4.so hopefully might get a bit more once gear box upgrade fingers crossed still eats the golf gti 😁😁😁😁😁
I recently saw that Miltek now do a turbo-back full exhaust. I presume you have gone with OPF/GPF bypass? Did you go with the resonated on non-resonated one? How does it sound?
Yep went with miltek resonated with sports cat to be on safe side,sounds a lot better than she did with the opf/gpf ,but once we are all sorted should sound even better...